Poll

Your opinion:

I like this idea
I don't like this idea
I still think this needs more improvement

Author Topic: A Suggestion for the Communiy Representatives  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
A Suggestion for the Communiy Representatives
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »
 A lot of people have criticized the purpose of the Community Representatives. I was going to post the actual thread for this myself, if I was elected, but I'll leave it up to the representatives if they'd like to go through with it.

Simply put, a thread will be made, where all community complaints can be placed. Every week, certain topics are selected valued by their importance, and discussed among the 10 Representatives for as long as it requires. The same day (or following day, if required), the Representatives will publicly announce their ideas for solving the issue. The community will judge the solutions, pick which solution for which concern they would like to present to FSE. The Representatives will consider the solution 100% reasonable one more time, before then take said solution to FSE, FSE does exactly as the Representatives explain it (if in their power/reasonable) to solve the problem at hand.

If confusing, I'll make an alternative, step-by-step explanation of my theory:

1. A thread is made by the Representatives where the Community can post their complaints on.
2. Once and every week, the Representatives will select important topics/problems to discuss.
3. After discussing forms of solving the problems, the Representatives will create a few solutions for each problem.
4. The Representatives will take these solutions back to the thread, where the Community will openly decide what solution is the best solution for each problem. This could go by 1-day long polls that carry out throughout the week, or otherwise.
5. The solutions selected for each problem will be judged by the Representatives one last time in preparation for presenting them to FSE.
6. The finalized, presentation-ready solutions will be shown to FSE, who will fix the problem exactly the way in which is presented to them.

Feel free to openly discuss your opinions on this matter. I'll be putting up a poll to get your opinions summarized as well.

EDIT: Cutting this part in, as it's an addition to make this more well developed. Sorry for the poor merging, but I'm feeling pretty sick right now, which I will ratify by going to the pharmacy now. Remaking the poll now. As of removal, the poll is at:

Your opinion:

I like this idea - 11 (28.9%)
I don't like this idea - 0 (0%)
I think this idea needs more development - 8 (21.1%)
AUDIATE YOU ARE NOT A REPRESENTATIVE STFU AND STOP SPAMMING ARRGGGG - 19 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 38

19 (50%) - Love you guys.

Replacing the thread, the Community Representatives could elect a "Head Representative." They would do all of the "diplomatic" work if you will, by receiving complaints via PM on the forum, bringing them to the other nine Representatives, and presenting it back to the community and FSE.

I think the thread should be there for solutions, though. I'm not sure if there are any, though I'm very sure there would be websites out there that can host polls, so that those interested could vote on various solutions for the various problems. Each subject's poll will be listed one by one on the OP, and the replies afterward will be a place for discussion, derailing, and all. Sure, it's going to happen, but I think having the poll separated from the actual thread will give some people the opportunity to skip all the derailed nonsense and get straight to it: the problems and how they should be resolved.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:36:53 am by Sir Audiate »

Offline Jamez

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A Suggestion for the Communiy Representatives
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »
This poll is going well.  ;D

Offline Getty

• Major
  • Leader of the Nr9.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr9_Oberst_Getty
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »
Betting the last option is gonna win! Haven't checked yet lets see if I am correct.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:37:27 pm »

Offline Aldemar

• Donator
  • 84e Prison Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:10 pm »
I think this idea needs more development

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:05:30 pm »
I think this idea needs more development

Could you elaborate?

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »
I suspect the collection method of complaints / ideas could be more varied and "better" for want of a more descriptive term.

Forum threads will be constantly argued and driven off topic and a lot of people either do not put the whole situation or fail to consider some points when just writing a forum post which would otherwise be easily gleaned from them with the right kind of question. Of course given the global nature of the community and timezones etc having verbal / live discussions is not always an option but I think it would still be preferable where it is possible.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57:23 pm »
 Then how about this:

Replacing the thread, the Community Representatives could elect a "Head Representative." They would do all of the "diplomatic" work if you will, by receiving complaints via PM on the forum, bringing them to the other nine Representatives, and presenting it back to the community and FSE.

I think the thread should be there for solutions, though. I'm not sure if there are any, though I'm very sure there would be websites out there that can host polls, so that those interested could vote on various solutions for the various problems. Each subject's poll will be listed one by one on the OP, and the replies afterward will be a place for discussion, derailing, and all. Sure, it's going to happen, but I think having the poll separated from the actual thread will give some people the opportunity to skip all the derailed nonsense and get straight to it: the problems and how they should be resolved.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 12:37:52 am »
 Bump, changed OP and poll.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:46:57 am »
Hmm, why do you need a bump. You've sent it around and it seems that we are interested in commenting because we know absolutely nothing of the system yet.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:54:05 am »
Hmm, why do you need a bump. You've sent it around and it seems that we are interested in commenting because we know absolutely nothing of the system yet.

Which system? Mine, or FSE's unannounced system?

If you need me to further explain, I can, but I'm confused on what needs explanation.

EDIT: Keep in mind, the bump's purpose was to let people know of the change.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:57:55 am by Sir Audiate »