Author Topic: First election - List of candidates & Discussion (March-April Term)  (Read 42624 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: First election - List of candidates & Discussion (March-April Term)
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2016, 08:03:07 am »
Look, i had to leave for a bit because i was going to state for debate and i was working on getting a job. State is over and i got accepted for the job so i'm basically coming back. This happens regularly in this community.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2016, 08:12:10 am »
Fair enough, but now you have school and a job.

That doesnt give me a vote of confidence that you are gonna be active in the community, and that you can shoulder more responsibility that comes with being a CR. Thats not even including any extracurricular activity, which you are most likely involved in when you are talking about "state".

I suppose you have every right to run for CR if you so please, but you should probably ask yourself if its in your best interests.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2016, 08:12:57 am »
Name: Grimsight
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?:
- As most NA know, I have been active in the community for 3 years now.
- Have lead a well respected regiment for 2 years
- Have head admined multiple events and the main groupfighting server back in the day
- Currently very active in the community
- Have expressed concerns in the past over poor decision from the mod team
- Can voice my opinion constructively (have been a strong voice in many community discussions)
- I view myself as impartial, and will look at issues objectively and without bias.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2016, 08:15:33 am »
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
- Have head admined multiple events and the main groupfighting server back in the day
- Can voice my opinion constructively (have been a strong voice in many community discussions)
- I view myself as impartial, and will look at issues objectively and without bias.

impartial is a strong word after that debate you just had with ~10 people trying to defend your decision to have 2 of your players in the top 10 melee of NA list *cough kappa cough*

Lawbringer

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2016, 08:16:39 am »
I NOMINATE LABEL

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2016, 08:19:28 am »
Fair enough, but now you have school and a job.

That doesnt give me a vote of confidence that you are gonna be active in the community, and that you can shoulder more responsibility that comes with being a CR. Thats not even including any extracurricular activity, which you are most likely involved in when you are talking about "state".

I suppose you have every right to run for CR if you so please, but you should probably ask yourself if its in your best interests.
I can balance school and a job as well as being the CR, many people in this community balance work, school, and the forums. I believe that i'm making it work just fine right now. As for extracurriculars, i placed 7th at state so that's over with.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2016, 08:26:21 am »
You can say you can balance them, but I can say I can become America's Next Top Model. The fact remains is you didnt balance it very well, you havent even played a second of mount and blade in the past two weeks (you did manage to sneak 30 hours of Total War into your packed schedule, though).

Oh well. Its pointless for me to continue this argument. I have posted my opinion, and thats that. You can do what you will with it, I just feel its not in your best interest to run for CR.

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Liam
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2016, 10:21:31 am »
why are you NA's even trying mummy "hoover" ketchup is going to win besides this is an eastern communist dictatorship so no NA scum allowed   ::)

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2016, 12:03:56 pm »
why are you NA's even trying mummy "hoover" ketchup is going to win besides this is an eastern communist dictatorship so no NA scum allowed   ::)

Stop calling me hoover, your nose can't hoover boy.

GL all anyway
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »
You can say you can balance them, but I can say I can become America's Next Top Model. The fact remains is you didnt balance it very well, you havent even played a second of mount and blade in the past two weeks (you did manage to sneak 30 hours of Total War into your packed schedule, though).

Oh well. Its pointless for me to continue this argument. I have posted my opinion, and thats that. You can do what you will with it, I just feel its not in your best interest to run for CR.
I agree

Offline FSEOfficial12th

• First Sergeant
  • Leader of the 12th East Suffolk Regiment Of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 12thCR_Col_Cull
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2016, 01:59:46 pm »
Name: Mummy Ketchup

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative of one trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? : I know everyone, keep up to date with most regimental things, active on forums, no biased opinions because most people suck anyway, have no real life, moderated the Lorraine forums with 200+ members active (Not to mention the recruits) so I have experience :)

Vouch

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »
Vouch

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »
Name: Mummy Ketchup

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative of one trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? : I know everyone, keep up to date with most regimental things, active on forums, no biased opinions because most people suck anyway, have no real life, moderated the Lorraine forums with 200+ members active (Not to mention the recruits) so I have experience :)

Vouch

Regimental Accounts should only be used for regimental business, you should know this by now..
Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2016, 02:38:41 pm »
Name: Squirts

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes, absolutely.

Why should you become CR? : I have not been in the community as long in comparison to others who will most likely be submitting a form to become a CR Candidate. To be honest, I would probably be viewed as the least experienced out of the whole lot. I started out in Napoleonic Wars, exclusively, on March 15, 2015. It is rounding out to be almost a year now soon, but a year is mince meat in comparison to a lot of the other members of this community who have been a positive, growing aspect of the community. But I love playing and interacting with every individual in this community. The NA side has its squabbles here and there and sometimes we get at each other throats, but at the end of the day I genuinely believe that we are all friends or at the very least have an underlying respect for each other. Now, while I do believe this, there are still things that occur on the forums that I witness daily of individuals/groups of individuals abusing rules or acting unbecoming of a member of this community (e.g. attacking people verbally with racial slurs/very offensive imagery). And actually, I was a target of such things on a certain thread that I won't name that did end up getting locked. And even though that locked thread was punished/locked temporarily, it is now back to a normal state where they continue to post what they'd like without offending others and I even still post there to this day and go along with the camaraderie between the members of that regimental thread because even though they wronged me, I still see them as friends at heart. But I really have a passion, honestly, to just have positive vibes flow through not just the forums, but the community as well. At the end of the day, we're all people who enjoy this game to a certain standard and try to play/compete in the atmosphere in our own way. Whether it be through being in a top tier competitive NWL regiment that holds training and events daily or just being in a casual, calm regimental setting. The point being, every aspect of the community is something I hold dear (not being a weird ass hehe). I see this as a good opportunity to help pursue the goals that Duuring and others see for the NA/EU communities and put myself out there. I always try my best to go to different teamspeaks and be friendly with all the other groups present in this community and try to leave my little 63e planet  ::). And I've met a lot of great people doing so, and I will continue to do as such. I personally don't see myself being elected as a CR because there will probably be a lot more experienced individuals who sign up, but I definitely care enough about this whole community to put a portion of my thoughts and go for the position in the first place.  ;D

EDIT;

I NOMINATE LABEL

I just saw this, and to be honest if label did go for this, which I hope he does, I would want him to be our elected CR every time. Just all around a cool guy to chill with and know around the community. jk he sux.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:41:21 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »
Someone who is not active in the community shouldn't even be a choice imo. Especially when there are people that are active and can fill the role.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time