Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 96510 times)

Offline Paulin

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1roCR_Cor_Paulin
  • Side: Neutral

Also, I have been wanting to point out something regarding my nationality, where some participators complained about me signing up for and playing for the BNL team. Just a lil' something for you all.

Rhen showed us his Dutch passport, not much to discuss, people :)

Offline Chewitt

• Private
    • View Profile
Thanks Erik for running such a great event, was a privilege to play for Team UK and commiserations to all the other teams. <3

Offline Jokim

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jokim
I would like to thank Erik and everyone else who helped to organize this tournament so we could enjoy some good fights. Even though Czech team wasn't very successful, I still enjoyed it and I hope Czech team enjoyed it as well and learned from it. Of course congrats to both UK and France for 1st and 2nd place :)
a shame autoblock doesnt work against lancers
The people that play every god damn day on CavGF, the best of the best, getting fucked by some monkeys with sticks.
I love this community :3

Offline Wibpaint

• Major
  • Cav4Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wib
I would thank those who hosted the event, but na don't think they need it really

Haze

"It was some consolation for us to have been 
beaten by British Cavalry."
That prediction,2 hundreds years ago

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
Thanks to all for those kind messages. They mean a lot, it really is a good thing to see your work being appreciated, it gives sense to all of it.

I'm really glad this edition of the Cav Nations Cup went well, we had no major issues organizing it, 10 teams attending, new teams such as the Czech & Slovakian team, or the Russo-Ukrainians, as well as old teams coming back like Poland, which was good to see. I saw some old players that I thought were done playing the game. I saw new players rising up, motivated as hell, increasing their skills and being important in their teams. I saw new Captains and Vice-Captains, managing their teams in their own special ways, and I had the opportunity to meet new friendly people, wether they participated or not to the tournament.

I want to give a few particular words to Archer. As you know and said you've been an amazing friend for years, and I'm really glad you finally achieved the last thing you wanted to achieve in this game, which is winning the CNC. You've always been a great leader of men, I knew that when you led the 15th and I was in the 7e, and I knew that when we joined our forces to create the 4e Hussards. You and I have done it all, and I'm really proud of it. I'm also proud that I've managed to convince you and Glenn to work together, which wasn't a simple thing to do at all, but finally paid off, since you two, despite all the shit you've had, have done an excellent work managing this UK team, and lifting the cup. The success of the UK team goes to its players, obviously, but also to these two great leaders, who have shown a quite inspiring sight to the community.
I hope your professional career on CS:GO will be a huge success, and I'm 100% sure you'll still find the time to jump on the 4e TS from time to time to play and have fun with us. All the best bro, you deserve it ! <3

A few last words about my next endeavours !
As some of you may know I started this CNC saying that it would probably be my last event in the NW community (you can still read it in the first page, I see no point in removing it). Well that was me thinking that the Cavalry League would still be hosted by Kanade Tachibana after the Summer break. Things turned out he's not gonna do it, and I have his blessing to take the project and carry it on. So, and some of you are already aware of it, it is very likely that I will host the next Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League (CNWL), in September or October, after the Summer holidays. I have no particular project in mind now, it'd be way too early, and I also have no idea of the team I will try to gather to host such an event. But I do believe that I'm up for the task, and I'm confident I can make it as good as its previous hoster, for everyone to enjoy. I will, of course, look forward to having you all there when the time comes !

For now I will go back to leading the 4e Hussards and developping all kind of projects. I thank you once again for your replies, they were all very sweet to read. Enjoy yourselves !
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Caylor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr3_Wtm_Caylor
First of all thank you Erik and Paula for creating such an amazing event!
It's been awesome participating in it, watching the matches and reading the interviews.
It was by far one of my best experiences in my NW time.

I recorded the last match if you want to take a look at it.
However due to some problems occuring in the recording there are some blackscreens throughout the video.
I hope that won't bother you  too much while watching that amazing match.

Humans are like turtles... they cant fly!

Offline Comrade_Caucasian

• Second Lieutenant
  • Warden of your nightmare
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_CvlVt_Caucasian
Congulations UK, you guys deserved win tho. Also France did very well too. [FAMAS <3]

Thanks Erik and Paula for that good tournament.

I'm honored to being captain of Turkish National Team.  Thank you all!

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
As some of you may know I started this CNC saying that it would probably be my last event in the NW community (you can still read it in the first page, I see no point in removing it). Well that was me thinking that the Cavalry League would still be hosted by Kanade Tachibana after the Summer break. Things turned out he's not gonna do it, and I have his blessing to take the project and carry it on. So, and some of you are already aware of it, it is very likely that I will host the next Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League (CNWL)

You are like father to us.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
Things turned out he's not gonna do it, and I have his blessing to take the project and carry it on. So, and some of you are already aware of it, it is very likely that I will host the next Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League (CNWL), in September or October, after the Summer holidays.I have no particular project in mind now, it'd be way too early, and I also have no idea of the team I will try to gather to host such an event. But I do believe that I'm up for the task, and I'm confident I can make it as good as its previous hoster, for everyone to enjoy. I will, of course, look forward to having you all there when the time comes !

For now I will go back to leading the 4e Hussards and developping all kind of projects. I thank you once again for your replies, they were all very sweet to read. Enjoy yourselves !
I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say:
Spoiler
Thank you!
[close]
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
This season of the CNC is coming to an end, and looking at all the different messages, it's safe to say that it was quite a well run and appreciated event.

From the french perspective, there is of course a lot of disappointment but I'm also quite happy to see that UK managed to take the tittle in such a beautiful way. Being the underdogs, and beating the previous champion gives another taste to your victory that's for sure. And as I said to some of you guys on steam, you fully deserve it.
On our side, I sincerely hope it will help some people to call yourself into question as way too many of us thought we had that in the pocket. Yeah, we didn't get help by the general atmosphere which was seeing us being crowned once again, and for some people, since the begining of the competition, but part of the favorite's job is to handle the pressure and act as if match could have seen us potentially falling.
I'm quite satisfied of what the french team has been showing overally in the tournament, and when we played as a team, the results were here. But during the final, UK showed were much teamplay and cohesion that we did.

As a captain, I'm also taking a huge part of the responsability, which is quite normal. It was my first experience as a captain in the French Cavalry Team, but certainly not my first experience in my NW career. However it's safe to say that as a captain, it will be the last. In the same idea that the same group of people have been leading the FRA Inf Team, I do believe it's maybe time for us to let the new wave of player give it a try. We won the CNC once, we reached the final every single time, and consequently, I do believe we proved ourselves to be, as Piccolomini said, the most consistent team of those three editions.
I did the minimum expected, leading my team to the final, but felt quite short to make them win this edition. A big thanks to Lubukill, without who this final could have been a huge disaster. He helped the team coming back to a 5-5 scoreline, changing our approach and playstyle in a crucial moment, something I was unable to do. Sadly it wasn't enough to win, but it atleast gave this match its tense and close atmosphere.

Considering Paulin & Erik, I'm gonna repeat you what everyone else told you, knowning that you did quite a flawless job hosting this CNC. Considering I know quite well some of the difficulties you've been facing throughout the tournament, I still believe that you're making a good pair together and I would be happy to see you hosting the CNWL also together. Would give the event a promess of quality before it starts, that's for sure.

Thanks to everyone who played alongside the french team, and gave us some good memories for the upcoming years. Was a pleasure, gentlemen.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
Well said Tardet. Thanks to the organisers again for making this event possible.

I am still waiting for Germany to win the Cup, though :D I think Germany has lots of very young players which are really skilled (mainly from Nr.6). I would have loved to see them winning. Maybe they have to get rid of a certain mentality
Spoiler
Arschloch-Mentalität :D
[close]
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
Well said Tardet. Thanks to the organisers again for making this event possible.

I am still waiting for Germany to win the Cup, though :D I think Germany has lots of very young players which are really skilled (mainly from Nr.6). I would have loved to see them winning. Maybe they have to get rid of a certain mentality
Spoiler
Arschloch-Mentalität :D
[close]
Haha mio amico :3
But it's true, Germany was the last season in the final against France, they sadly lost 8-2 (?). But most of the player from the first and second season quit the game or doesn't play that much anymore. Especially many 2Lhr player stopped playing the game or made a long break. This season only a few veterans from the last season took part. Many new players like me for example joined the german team. But I think we just didn't get a... Special feeling of a real team; this you were able to see especially at our teamplay. Do not understand me wrong, it was a very great and funny time and I've learned a lot. Caylor and Numitor did their best as well. Otherwise, in my opinion we havn't had a real together-playing. We just met before a game and played.
Oh btw #Nr6ArschlochMentalität
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
Spoiler
First of all thank you Erik and Paula for creating such an amazing event!
It's been awesome participating in it, watching the matches and reading the interviews.
It was by far one of my best experiences in my NW time.

I recorded the last match if you want to take a look at it.
However due to some problems occuring in the recording there are some blackscreens throughout the video.
I hope that won't bother you  too much while watching that amazing match.

[close]

Thank you very much for that Caylor ! I've watched a good part of it already, it is a good video. I added it to the original post, it's very good that we have a video to remember this CNC, with one of its greatest match. That's nice of you :)
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
However it's safe to say that as a captain, it will be the last.

is my time to shine
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes