Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞ United Kingdom 2016 Champions !  (Read 96697 times)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2016 ♞
« Reply #450 on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:54 pm »
Won't be there. Shame. qq

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
  • Italian Captain in 2015, 2016 Cavalry Nations Cups
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xa_Div_Lupi_Cpl_Piccolomini
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #451 on: May 08, 2016, 12:02:44 am »
Won't be there. Shame. qq
Shouldnt be an issue for BNL  ;D
Still, bad you cant play it. :(
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #452 on: May 08, 2016, 10:40:01 pm »
Second semi-final result:

United Kingdom |8-5| Benelux

Congratulations to both teams. It has been an amazing match, two of the most entertaining teams to watch fight for sure. Well done to the United Kingdom, that will face France in the final. The official announcement of it will follow soon.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2016, 12:01:20 pm »
Good Game Benelux, Was very intense throughout!

Now France, there will be revenge ;)

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2016, 01:56:35 pm »
Congratulations to UK for making it to the final. It's nice to see that they finally made it.
A pretty underwhelming performance for Benelux, if I may say. UK was lacking both Rival and Majestic (unless they joined in the last rounds I didn't spec). Fielding players like Clausewitz, Lio, PyrosZ, Freyr, Sosea, Rhen, Nareman and many good others, they had all the means to go through. Still, I know very well as a Captain that it is difficult to keep concentration and motivation up the entire competition and it seems that BNL failed exactly in this. Props to the shrewd Archer that was able to keep the UK team up and running until now though.
Now we have a new nice final. France is competing for the cup for the third time in a row. They have the experience and confidence to win their second consecutive title.
The question is: will UK be able to do a Leicester?  8)

Soon enough, we will see. Until then goodbye.
That come-back from Italy was indeed amazing, never seen such a thing in 3 years+ of playing. "You did what was impossible", General Hollidt wasn't lying about the italian horsemen.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #455 on: May 09, 2016, 02:52:21 pm »

We're waiting. :)

Congratz UK, and nice try BeNe.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #456 on: May 09, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »

A very good game, congratulations on making it into the finals! You guys definitely deserved it, give the frogs a run for their money.

A pretty underwhelming performance for Benelux, if I may say. UK was lacking both Rival and Majestic (unless they joined in the last rounds I didn't spec). Fielding players like Clausewitz, Lio, PyrosZ, Freyr, Sosea, Rhen, Nareman and many good others, they had all the means to go through. Still, I know very well as a Captain that it is difficult to keep concentration and motivation up the entire competition and it seems that BNL failed exactly in this.

I'm glad you can so very accurately pinpoint the problems of other teams. You are obviously underestimating the UK team and their players. Applying the materialist, deterministic conception of history of Montesquieu, I would say that 'it is not chance that rules the world. There are general causes, moral and physical, which act in every monarchy, elevating it, maintaining it or hurling it to the ground.' (Considerations on the causes of the Greatness of the Romans and their Decline, 1734). ;)

This has been another succesful Nations Cup for the Benelux team, yet again making it into the semi-finals. I want to thank every one of our players (especially Lio, who has been a great vice-captain throughout the tournament) who commited their time and effort to make the team succeed, it truly has been a great run for us. Good luck to the UK in the finals, I'm sure you guys will put up one hell of a fight (as I have played with many of you before, and still do). The Benelux team can leave this tournament with their heads held high.

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #457 on: May 09, 2016, 04:09:09 pm »
The question is: will UK be able to do a Leicester?  8)
Meaning?

You are obviously underestimating the UK team and their players.

It's alright.... 8-1

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 09, 2016, 04:32:36 pm »
chat shit get banged
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #459 on: May 09, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
chat shit get banged
Wow Harford.... You always got the best comment for discussions like this :D
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 09, 2016, 05:37:59 pm »

I'm glad you can so very accurately pinpoint the problems of other teams. You are obviously underestimating the UK team and their players. Applying the materialist, deterministic conception of history of Montesquieu, I would say that 'it is not chance that rules the world. There are general causes, moral and physical, which act in every monarchy, elevating it, maintaining it or hurling it to the ground.' (Considerations on the causes of the Greatness of the Romans and their Decline, 1734). ;)

My aim is not to start an argument/attack you or other players. I simply seek the truth and comment based on what I have experienced and seen in the past.
BNL in my opinion had more good players than UK in the match but was less focused than UK. UK is a good team but a focused BNL could have well beaten the UK. I saw mistakes and rounds almost won given up by BNL which is why I think BNL was less focused and thus lost.

I am far from 'accurately pinpointing the faults of other teams' when I say that BNL lacked focus and concentration. That is as general a statement as anyone spectating the match could make.
I am glad you quoted Montesquieu, but I dont think you applied it correctly to this case. I believe that moral factors (skill) were stronger on BNL side but I didn't account for the importance of focus which is also a moral factor and one which played a big role in the UK-BNL match. The physical factors (ping) hardly mattered since both teams had good low pings (20-30) apart from Rhen (70-90+).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:43:00 pm by Piccolomini »

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 09, 2016, 05:41:38 pm »

Meaning?
You don't follow football, do you? It means winning against unfavorable odds as Leicester did in this Premier League 2015-16.
It's alright.... 8-1
This I don't understand. If you are talking about UK-ITA 8-1 I can easily explain it in terms of us having only 2 good players (me and Frank), we were trying a new class (cui) and you had, besides the usual 5-6 good players, Majestic and Rival. You also played most of the match 10 against 8-9 of us.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »
double post get ban
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #463 on: May 09, 2016, 06:13:47 pm »

My aim is not to start an argument/attack you or other players. I simply seek the truth and comment based on what I have experienced and seen in the past.
BNL in my opinion had more good players than UK in the match but was less focused than UK. UK is a good team but a focused BNL could have well beaten the UK. I saw mistakes and rounds almost won given up by BNL which is why I think BNL was less focused and thus lost.

I am far from 'accurately pinpointing the faults of other teams' when I say that BNL lacked focus and concentration. That is as general a statement as anyone spectating the match could make.
I am glad you quoted Montesquieu, but I dont think you applied it correctly to this case. I believe that moral factors (skill) were stronger on BNL side but I didn't account for the importance of focus which is also a moral factor and one which played a big role in the UK-BNL match. The physical factors (ping) hardly mattered since both teams had good low pings (20-30) apart from Rhen (70-90+).

You have proven time and time again that you know very little about the skill of all these players. You don't know what went on during these battles, and nor could you. You simply are in no position to judge who is better than who. To say that the UK has worse players than the BNL (maybe not with so many words) is a slap in the face to those who made it into the final winning with skill. Have some respect for both teams, and keep your opinions out of this thread. Too bad you didn't catch that bit of sarcasm there though, I'm sure Montesquieu would have.

Offline Piccolomini

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
You have proven time and time again that you know very little about the skill of all these players. You don't know what went on during these battles, and nor could you. You simply are in no position to judge who is better than who. To say that the UK has worse players than the BNL (maybe not with so many words) is a slap in the face to those who made it into the final winning with skill. Have some respect for both teams, and keep your opinions out of this thread. Too bad you didn't catch that bit of sarcasm there though, I'm sure Montesquieu would have.
How did I prove time and again that I know very little about the skill of these players?
I don't know what went on in the TS or minds of players but I saw players fighting and saw mistakes and good actions.
I am not judging, I am simply commenting on what I saw.
'To say that the UK has worse players than the BNL (maybe not with so many words)' I didnt say this but I said that in that match you had a greater number of good players. You talk about winning with skill, are you forgetting a thing called focus which by the way I saw lacking in the BNL team?
I have respect for both teams. I praised the UK team. It is because I respect the BNL team and have a good opinion of their value that I am a bit disappointed by their performance. Accusing me does not make your argument stronger but weaker. What was the sarcasm? I think Montesquieu wouldn't approve of people quoting him without having idea of what he meant or what the book it is taken from was about. I quote and explain my quote. I studied Montesquieu and read different works of his, having taken a module on the Enlightenment at University this year.
I do not want to brag but I know what I am talking about.

Here is an example of how I would comment my own team's performance in Poland-Italy 8-4. My team played decently, but I couldn't really focus for the first few rounds. I kept getting killed in the beginning of charges. I played badly. Maybe it was because I didn't have time to warm up before the match. Yet, Frank played superbly and kept the team afloat. In the last few rounds I woke up though and I started playing well. We clutched a round and started an unlikely comeback from 7-2 to 7-4. Then we lost the final round. I had started playing well too late. Saying that I wasnt focused does not mean that I do not respect myself or that I am bad players. Saying that I made mistakes is not an insult to myself. It's just being honest. A similar thing I tried to do about the UK-BNL match. Of course, it may seem a bit ambitious from the outside, yet I saw clear mistakes. I still think the BNL had the skill to beat UK. It was not going to be easy for either team. It was a close match. But a bit more focus could have tipped the balance in favour of you guys instead of UK ;) Instead the more focused team won.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:39:20 pm by Piccolomini »