Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skullzdeath
  • Side: Neutral
War Thunder
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:15:28 am »
Hey all, earlier i started playing a game called War Thunder, it's like World of Tanks, but with planes.

My first round, our objective was to capture a single airfield in the middle of the map, it was absolute CHAOS, whilst chasing someone i saw so many planes chasing and shooting each other. its just an intense game.

http://warthunder.com/

Screenshots.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:34:46 am »
Really good game yes!
Only been in the british tier so far where I'm tier 8. Got the early lvl 7 bomber, the 2 early heavy fighters, a lvl 7 Typhone and the lvl 6 Spitfire.
Only problem for me since I started has been the economy. As I understand it it was nerfer right before I started and in the latest patch it became even harder to get lions. And no, I'm not paying :p
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:10 am »
Some 60th playing this, I should try it.

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
  • Nick: nApolenic_wArs!111_Dev_Mekkil
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »
Ha, been playing a fair bit of it myself. Only made my way into one tree, the Japanese one. Made it to tier 7 as it is.

And guys, don't play Russia or UK...

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:54:14 pm »
And why is that? :p I love the british machines, and many of the russians are straight OP. Seems like a win to me :p
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »
Same goes for the british aircraft, I'm afraid. Ruskies and Brits are OP, Brits to a lesser degree than their Russian counterparts though. Beaufighter is a good example of that.

And as some forumite said; "Playing Russia is like playing on sandbox difficulty. Brits are easy mode.", and I can only agree. I personally feel the japanese aircraft are worse than just about any Russian or British aircraft, but you know, most players propably feel that way anyhow.

I think it's a problem they will address soon, if not they risk loosing the community.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 01:29:45 am »
Indeed. Currently using the Beaufighter a lot, and except for more clumsy steering, it's way superior to any fighters anywhere near the class. Firepower, speed and the damage it can take is incredible. Same with the Spitfire-tree IMO.
The british bombers are horribly easy to shoot down though. At the moment I never operate under 4000ft with them as most fighters are too lazy to ascend to such hights :P

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 01:04:17 am »
Just started playing and love the game.

Got to rank 6 with German aircraft with a full day of 'no lifing' - got some pretty decent german fighters and attackers I'll have to say. Can't recall names off by heart, but this game is amazing and very fun with a bunch of mates who are happy to watch your six. :D

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:08:15 am »
But I love playing as UK...

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 01:08:56 am »
Just started playing and love the game.

Got to rank 6 with German aircraft with a full day of 'no lifing' - got some pretty decent german fighters and attackers I'll have to say. Can't recall names off by heart, but this game is amazing and very fun with a bunch of mates who are happy to watch your six. :D
Hopefully not today....

Spoiler

[close]

But I love playing as UK...
Russia OP, UK easy mode. Japan tier 8, get on my level boyo.

Side note: .29 patch is fucking shit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:12:51 am by Mikkel the Great »

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:26:17 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Fear the EAF! xD

I'd actually completely forgotten about this game, I didn't realize it was in open beta yet. Friend of mine was in the closed beta and seeing it in action completely put me off World of Warplanes...
Well WoW did that on its own really... horrible as a flight sim. Will certainly give this a download.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:34:23 am by Rogov »

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:37 am »
UK isn't easy mode.. Beaufighter has so bad maneuverability that any plane can out turn you easily and shoot you down (If not your pilot has already passed out of the G force -.-)

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:52:10 am »
Beaufighter has so bad maneuverability that any plane can out turn you easily and shoot you down (If not your pilot has already passed out of the G force -.-)
Excuse me for saying this... But if you really can't use the beaufighter to rack down -on average- 2-3 airplanes, you are a rather bad pilot. You simply forget that it is slower than some, and therefore has to be used in diffrent roles. In reality, a beaufighter used properly can be impossible to shoot down, and will get you down in two hits.

UK isn't easy mode.
Pay a visit to the Gaijin forums, they'll be able to provide you with more examples of why than I am able to here.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 11:33:48 am »
Very sweet game to play with your clanmates, it sucks you cannot have more than 4 people in a squad unless you go premium.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:20 pm »
Very sweet game to play with your clanmates, it sucks you cannot have more than 4 people in a squad unless you go premium.

How many can you have with premium?

I'm tired and have gone full dumb dumb today.  :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:52:40 pm by Hawkes »