Author Topic: NA_Groupfighting | www.nwleaderboards.com  (Read 562225 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA_Groupfighting | www.nwleaderboards.com
« Reply #780 on: June 10, 2016, 06:26:41 pm »
Ban godfried. He has weak memes

Apparently my trolling is stronger than I anticipated tho.

Make a terrible point, fall on your face, post memes to disguise failure. Rinse and Repeat.

Okay, I'll make it clear for you.

Spoiler
Wait what? The screenshots show Pooba being teamkilled by Davey then Deadeye being killed twice....why is Pooba being banned....for getting teamkilled?
[close]

That was the only serious thing I asked. Which Label answered to my content. I honestly couldn't care less who gets banned, you could ban me even (I prefer duels anyways), and I'm not stupid enough to bog myself down in a "serious" debate about the "injustice of NA Groupfighting" on anyone's behalf. The fact is, even if I wanted to have a serious debate about such a stupid topic I wouldn't be able to, because all of my arguments would be reliant on real world morality/concept of justice which is not even applicable to something like a group fighting server and it's rules.

For example I'll, take what I said earlier about self defense and expand it into what could be considered as a legitimate argument/criticism.

Spoiler
----
In the real world, self defense is justifiable as long as it falls within the boundaries of reasonable force. The way reasonable force is defined, at least Canada where Label, yourself and myself are from is as follows - taken from Criminal Code, section 34: "34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if
(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes, and
(b) he believes, on reasonable and probable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.".

Also, in many States within the U.S. there is also "Expanded self-defence" allowing, by law, for someone to protect another person from an attacker.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/04/us/table.selfdefense.laws/

Now given that you have no proof that Pooba didn't kill Davy out of self defense, you may only assert that he didn't, just as I am asserting that he did, however since the burden of proof falls to the one prosecuting Pooba (you), I'm going to keep going with the assumption that it was self defense, until proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt ("The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty"). So what do we know? Davy had attacked and killed both Pooba and Deadeye as reported by the victim, Deadeye. Given that Davy was a known repeat offender to both Deadeye and Pooba, I would assert that it's reasonable for Pooba to perceive an attack from Davy as an intention to cause not just grievous bodily harm, but death, as any reasonable person would. Also, given that it is common for people to survive multiple bayonet stabs and thus give them multiple opportunities to continue their assault, I would also assert that the only way he could realistically  preserve himself was to kill David. Some factors to consider.
1)The nature of the threat: a serial team killer and troll.
2)Were there other means available to respond to the potential use of force: No, there were evidently no admins on, or if there was, they were not doing their job.
3) the person’s role in the incident: We have no reason to believe Pooba antagonized this behavior, he has not been previously banned on the server and up until now has never been called into question as to whether or not he is a rule abiding player on the group fighting server.
4)The nature, duration and history of their relationship: To be honest, I'm not sure, they both appear to be in the same regiment, but as Blitzer and the Bushpirates showed the NW community, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

While I agree that Pooba broke rule 10 ("10. No teamwounding purposefully.") as he did kill Davy purposefully,  he did not do it maliciously, but rather out of necessity, and while I realize that by that fact alone, some people think he should be punished, I would argue that to punish him would not be doing so in the name of justice, as he not only killed Davy in defense of himself, but also in defense of Deadeye, allowing for both of their experiences to be better and safer until Deadeye was able to report the offense to the mostly capable admin team. He should actually be commended instead of punished! Finally "It is both good law and good sense that a man who is attacked may defend himself. It is both good law and good sense that he may do, but only do, what is reasonably necessary." - The lawyers' practitioner’s text. So by punishing Pooba  for reasonably defending himself you only demonstrate that the server and those chiefly associated lack both good law and good sense.
----
[close]

Given the above it would be very easy to continue and assert the server deals only in punishment and not in either fairness or justice, and I would if I wanted to have a legitimate argument about something, instead of those retarded Buzzfeed level rhetorical questions you thought were arguments, but I don't really come to the forums for that reason, and the novelty of all this has long been worn out. So I propose you keep all of your condescending comments to yourself, and I'll keep any of mine to myself and the thread can continue as it should, unless you want to keep doing this until the thread gets locked.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 10, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »
Name under which you were banned: John~Sanders
What was happening when you got banned: Using Fists,Some "minor" Slurs, small delaying time
Time, date, and timezone: Sunday, June 5th 10;00 Central Time
User Identification Number: 782550

Unban 6/10.
bump

Offline Shine

• Donator
  • ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_5hine
« Reply #782 on: June 10, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »
Name under which you were banned: John~Sanders
What was happening when you got banned: Using Fists,Some "minor" Slurs, small delaying time
Time, date, and timezone: Sunday, June 5th 10;00 Central Time
User Identification Number: 782550

Unban 6/10.

bump

Unbanned.

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
  • Side: Union
« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »

Make a terrible point, fall on your face, post memes to disguise failure. Rinse and Repeat.

Spoiler
Wait what? The screenshots show Pooba being teamkilled by Davey then Deadeye being killed twice....why is Pooba being banned....for getting teamkilled?
[close]

That was the only serious thing I asked. Which Label answered to my content. I honestly couldn't care less who gets banned, you could ban me even (I prefer duels anyways), and I'm not stupid enough to bog myself down in a "serious" debate about the "injustice of NA Groupfighting" on anyone's behalf. The fact is, even if I wanted to have a serious debate about such a stupid topic I wouldn't be able to, because all of my arguments would be reliant on real world morality/concept of justice which is not even applicable to something like a group fighting server and it's rules.

For example I'll, take what I said earlier about self defense and expand it into what could be considered as a legitimate argument/criticism.

Spoiler
----
In the real world, self defense is justifiable as long as it falls within the boundaries of reasonable force. The way reasonable force is defined, at least Canada where Label, yourself and myself are from is as follows - taken from Criminal Code, section 34: "34. (1) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted without having provoked the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
(2) Every one who is unlawfully assaulted and who causes death or grievous bodily harm in repelling the assault is justified if
(a) he causes it under reasonable apprehension of death or grievous bodily harm from the violence with which the assault was originally made or with which the assailant pursues his purposes, and
(b) he believes, on reasonable and probable grounds, that he cannot otherwise preserve himself from death or grievous bodily harm.".

Also, in many States within the U.S. there is also "Expanded self-defence" allowing, by law, for someone to protect another person from an attacker.

Now given that you have no proof that Pooba didn't kill Davy out of self defense, you may only assert that he didn't, just as I am asserting that he did, however since the burden of proof falls to the one prosecuting Pooba (you), I'm going to keep going with the assumption that it was self defense, until proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt ("The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty"). So what do we know? Davy had attacked and killed both Pooba and Deadeye as reported by the victim, Deadeye. Given that Davy was a known repeat offender to both Deadeye and Pooba, I would assert that it's reasonable for Pooba to perceive an attack from Davy as an intention to cause not just grievous bodily harm, but death, as any reasonable person would. Also, given that it is common for people to survive multiple bayonet stabs and thus give them multiple opportunities to continue their assault, I would also assert that the only way he could realistically  preserve himself was to kill David. Some factors to consider.
2)Were there other means available to respond to the potential use of force: No, there were evidently no admins on, or if there was, they were not doing their job.
3) the person’s role in the incident: We have no reason to believe Pooba antagonized this behavior, he has not been previously banned on the server and up until now has never been called into question as to whether or not he is a rule abiding player on the group fighting server.
4)The nature, duration and history of their relationship: To be honest, I'm not sure, they both appear to be in the same regiment, but as Blitzer and the Bushpirates showed the NW community, that doesn't mean a whole lot.

While I agree that Pooba broke rule 10 ("10. No teamwounding purposefully.") as he did kill Davy purposefully,  he did not do it maliciously, but rather out of necessity, and while I realize that by that fact alone, some people think he should be punished, I would argue that to punish him would not be doing so in the name of justice, as he not only killed Davy in defense of himself, but also in defense of Deadeye, allowing for both of their experiences to be better and safer until Deadeye was able to report the offense to the mostly capable admin team. He should actually be commended instead of punished! Finally "It is both good law and good sense that a man who is attacked may defend himself. It is both good law and good sense that he may do, but only do, what is reasonably necessary." - The lawyers' practitioner’s text. So by punishing Pooba  for reasonably defending himself you only demonstrate that the server and those chiefly associated lack both good law and good sense.
----
[close]

Given the above it would be very easy to continue and assert the server deals only in punishment and not in either fairness or justice, and I would if I wanted to have a legitimate argument about something, instead of those retarded Buzzfeed level rhetorical questions you thought were arguments, but I don't really come to the forums for that reason, and the novelty of all this has long been worn out. So I propose you keep all of your condescending comments to yourself, and I'll keep any of mine to myself and the thread can continue as it should, unless you want to keep doing this until the thread gets locked.

Great, I'm glad the triviality of this has been sorted out.

Also "teamkilling out of necessity"? Words could not express how counter-productive that is, there's an option to leave the server; keep in mind.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:57:12 pm by Krastinov »
The Myth, The Legend

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #784 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:01 pm »
[
Spoiler
quote author=Stroke0fd34th link=topic=28807.msg1377964#msg1377964 date=1465576001]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
----

----
[close]

[/quote]
[close]

You should consider becoming a lawyer

Offline Bauer16

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bauer
« Reply #785 on: June 10, 2016, 09:26:11 pm »
[
Spoiler
quote author=Stroke0fd34th link=topic=28807.msg1377964#msg1377964 date=1465576001]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
----

----
[close]

[close]

+1

I retract the following paragraph.  I didn't take the time to put forward a proper point.  I know the admins care, that's why they're admins.  Also, sounds like the admins prefer people to just leave the servers when they're being victimized instead of getting the perpetrator to leave.  Perhaps the server needs more admins.   Godfreid sounds like he would be a good candidate.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:34:49 am by Bauer16 »

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #786 on: June 10, 2016, 09:41:46 pm »
[
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
----

----
[close]

[close]
[/spoiler]

+1

Also, sounds like the admins prefer people to just leave the servers when they're being victimized instead of getting the perpetrator to leave.  Perhaps the server needs more admins.   Godfreid sounds like he would be a good candidate.
[/quote]

Getting teamkilled? Call an admin. Trouble finding an admin and still getting teamkilled? Take screenshots, leave the server and wait for an admin so you stop being teamkilled. No reason to be avoiding these steps. I prefer people to do something productive in order to find a resolution; trying to morph what I said to sound like I don't care and prefer people to not be on our server is a bit silly.
The Myth, The Legend

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
« Reply #787 on: June 10, 2016, 10:07:08 pm »
Alright enough of this now, this is getting annoying for everyone involved.

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #788 on: June 11, 2016, 05:13:23 am »
You don't like the rules,or the way the server is run, don't play on the server simple as that.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 11, 2016, 06:21:02 am »
*Grabs the popcorn* Let the flame wars begin!!

Offline Swerpious Maximous

• Brigadier General
  • I'm not creative
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Swerp
« Reply #790 on: June 11, 2016, 08:04:19 am »
*Grabs the popcorn* Let the flame wars begin!!
You're late
I'm not cool enough for a signature

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #791 on: June 11, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »
how dare these admins admin on the server they were assigned to admin on. disgusting.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #792 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:02 am »
Can you rename the server to Tropical_NA_Grouofighting?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:54 am »
Can you rename the server to Tropical_NA_Grouofighting?

a casual groupfighting server with a fresh tropical theme

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #794 on: June 12, 2016, 03:48:33 am »
KDRs have been added, it will take a bit more work to be able to sort by KDR, but I can do it if there is enough demand for it
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site