Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6]  (Read 363167 times)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 6] STARTS 2/7
« Reply #720 on: February 07, 2016, 06:14:42 pm »

The MoskovGren v. IV match is sunday the 14th, not sat the 13th.

Fixed
Ok it's not at 6 est either :p.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
« Reply #721 on: February 07, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »
I've been talking to the LIR, they are actually hyped to attend league 1.  So change what I said I'd say the 8th be league 2 since that would fit them a lot better size and skill wise.  Also they wished to be moved there if i'm not mistaken.

Offline nathan6254

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4eGren AdjC
  • Side: Union
« Reply #722 on: February 07, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »

The MoskovGren v. IV match is sunday the 14th, not sat the 13th.

Fixed
Ok it's not at 6 est either :p.

Sorry, mixed up some of the stuff from the match below

Offline nathan6254

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 07, 2016, 06:18:21 pm »
I've been talking to the LIR, they are actually hyped to attend league 1.  So change what I said I'd say the 8th be league 2 since that would fit them a lot better size and skill wise.  Also they wished to be moved there if i'm not mistaken.

Why can't everyone be like LIR and be happy where they are and accept that there is actually competition to play? :P

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #724 on: February 07, 2016, 06:19:04 pm »

Why can't everyone be like LIR and be happy where they are and accept that there is actually competition to play? :P
+1
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 07, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »
Shooting is rng tho xd
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline nathan6254

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 07, 2016, 06:36:22 pm »
Gents, lets end this topic now. If anything will change we will notify you guys of the change. Lets get ready to start a great season!

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #727 on: February 07, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

I think you're confusing concern with discontent, some people just aren't sure if 104th has the skill necessary to be competitive in league 1, but they aren't really upset with it. I think everyone is more than happy to play in whatever league they're put in and against whoever's in the league.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #728 on: February 07, 2016, 06:46:58 pm »

Well, it can't be so cut-and-dried. People are saying they want a chance to actually compete and not be instantly steamrolled by mostly everything else in their performance bracket. What is the point of competing if it's not balanced as best as it can be?  The 8th hasn't played proper NW even for events since the summer, so they definitely should not be placed into league 1.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:09:37 pm by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 07, 2016, 06:52:14 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Why are we in league one ?

And because you never contacted me about it so kinda on you to contact the people in charge about where you are.

but we are casuals, i don't want to get reamed :(

Right? If this is based on regiment ability, then shouldn't more balancing across the leagues be done? It still looks mismatched to me.

Id reckon half of league 1 is on the same level

8th, PSG, 104th, 22nd, and the LIR are roughly the same level competitively imo.

Of course, you guys might have trouble with 3e/54th/Moskov etc, but the NWL isnt made to be easy.

No offense to the 104th but they are not even close to the same level as the 8th, PSG, LIR and 22nd. They would lose 10-0 or 8-2 to any of those regiments.
[close]
Hold up lemme put this out here and Ody don't bang your head at my grammar.

104th brings I say 50 or so, I don't think any League 2 regiment brings close to that besides USMC.  It would be easier for them to be in league 1 because out of 50 active I'm pretty damn sure they can muster a few good players.  Also for them balancing would be a lot easier not sure how big their NANWL roster is though.

Alright Jdf now you get to see the autism wars of Chantakey.  USMC should be league 1, I mean ffs have you not seen their players? Everyone thats not off BBG survival in that reg is great at the game.  Also, they've been competitive and have great leadership in 1v1s making them a regiment that qualifies for playing in league 1.  This isn't JDF or Bakons first rodeo in this town. IMO, swap LIR with USMC I understand JDF wants to win a league going 10-0 against everyone but he at least needs some competition and league 1 is the only place he is going to get it.

Thank you for your time and reading my dank grammar.
The only person that was in the 104th that could hold their own 1v1 against a decent player was jorsonner but the guy left so now there is literally no one that can who can melee well. Its essentially an NA 1 line.
Its like the 63e signing up there Cadet line and them being put in league 1 just because they bring 50 people. It makes 0 sense lol
Maccle have you met Klasse from the 5th? Dude can't survive a 1v1 for mroe than 10 seconds, same for me, but he can go 15-0 on you quicker than you can block his back stabs.

Okay, IDK if anyone Season 1 nerds are still left but I remember Jackie saying that regiments are brought into this based off of skill and numbers. Out of 50 people at least 1/10 can be decent.  You have 5 decent players with the rest decent at shooting and you have 15 show up that's 10 guys shooting the shit out of you and 5 decent players doing pretty well.  As we said in the 5th/75th, no man can block 3-4 stabs at once teamwork overcomes all.  The Original 5th was like the 104th, brought 55, and had 5-10 good players, but guess what we were league 1 because we brought 55 and had those few good players.  Anyone remember the 111e still?  They were pretty damn good in league 2 back when league 2 actually meant something with, 22e, 5th, USMC, 87th, and 111e, all decent regiments in my book.  But either way 111e were able to defeat the 22e who were amazing back then by shooting and outplaying.  If immath wants to compete and have a regiment as his he will just need to do the same tbh.

Thats my POV on it and I don't have a say just let the Mods/Admins decide.

1/10 from 50 = 5 decent members as you said. Now supposing the other 11-16 players fielded are decent shots as you said.... that's not sufficient to be in league 1. If you're relying on 5 members you have to not only hit almost every shot your line takes so that you can maybe overwhelm the opposing reg, you also have to make sure those 5 decent meleers never get shot, same with the rest of the players in the line. League 1, everyone is capable of fielding an average of 15-20 players with 15-20 of them being much more than decent at shooting and melee, and very experienced in group fighting.

Now I'm not saying the 104th shouldn't be in league 1, and I'm not saying they should, idk them. But your logic is absolutely terrible. If the situation was as you said, they'd need 100-200 members to field a competitive 10-20 man line. You're also basically implying that in order for them to have any chance at winning, every regiment in league 1 has to have 0 competency in their leadership, no shooting skill, and no group fighting skill, which simply isn't the case.
[close]
Yes I understand where you're coming from but like I said 111e and 5th started much like the 104th is and ended up being in the top 5 regiments at sometime.  It all starts with being put up to the test tbh.  I mean 5th/75th had good players who could hold their own but there was only about 5/7 of us that actually went hard and carried. It doesn't take more than a block and a few good stabs to win anyone can do it.  Alex and I started the 5th just thinking of reforming the 74th, but we became huge in numbers and decide we'll give it a try in NANWL.  It escalated from us focusing on numbers and being good shots to us trying to win because we wanted to prove we deserved to be in league 1 and such.  To me I don't think you should sign up for the league if that's not your goal. Once again another reference from the 111e, They had Marceaux, Suns, and that was it, but guess what they tied the 2nd place (shoulda been first if they didnt tie) regiment in NANWL.  With the 5th you could back and watch our old highlight videos our melee was terrible, It was straight Me, Dj, Alex, and Nikolai maybe a few others here and there but besides for that we had no good big name meleers.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
As chan said, Step up or step out. :P
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #731 on: February 08, 2016, 01:38:00 am »
As chan said, Step up or step out. :P
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

You're an underdog, not a sith

you fukin underdog

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #732 on: February 08, 2016, 01:40:44 am »
mfw when Chan thinks 5th was league one
league two for one season, pls

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:29 am »
We were league 1 first season
We were league 2 second season

Well, I mean if your counting from when you started to bandwagon as the 1st season then yeah.  But if you're counting actual seasons, its as I said.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #734 on: February 08, 2016, 02:55:46 am »
We were league 1 first season
We were league 2 second season

Well, I mean if your counting from when you started to bandwagon as the 1st season then yeah.  But if you're counting actual seasons, its as I said.
What? The 5th was league two for one season.. The first season you guys weren't even around

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)