Author Topic: North American Community Lists - NaCl [UPDATE 1.1: "Show Some Melee Competence"]  (Read 399971 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Community Lists - NaCl [#WBANTZ™] UPDATE
« Reply #1620 on: February 26, 2016, 01:31:22 am »
Groupfighting takes skill lol, knowing how and trying to read your team mates mind is a lot harder then 1v1ing, 1v1ing is basically just who uses this games gimmicks better than the other, while groupfighting is a combination of working together, communication, game sense, positioning, etc. Some people are great groupfighters and not great duelists because  they understand groupfighting and focus on it/ develope their style to do so, which might not work out in a duel. But seeing as this is a team based game, groupfighting is more important too. I would rather have 10 people who understand how to groupfight than 10 duel heroes in a fight.

Though I agree somewhat, but to be a "duel hero" you basically automatically are a good groupfighter. You automatically have the skills to be a good groupfighter by being a good duelist, however being a good groupfighter does not make you a good duelist. Top tier dueling is all about game sense, positioning, and reading your opponents. Any good "Hero" worth his salt can read multiple opponents as easy as he can read one. Take a look at Jackie real quick. Hes a great duelist, but lacks communication. What makes his dueling so great though is how easily he reads his opponents and adapts his style. Every time ive FT7d him, I always start out with the early lead, only to get rolled out of nowhere once he adapts to my style and learns to read my movements. Every duelist can read opponents and adapt like that, its just the better a duelist you are, the better you are at doing just that. Thats why alot of great duelist's skills seem to translate into solid groupfighting without fail (i.e Jackie, Tammo, Russianfury, etc), so I think ill go ahead and say id rather have 10 duel heroes than 10 people who understand how to groupfight.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:33:09 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1621 on: February 26, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
Groupfighting takes skill lol, knowing how and trying to read your team mates mind is a lot harder then 1v1ing, 1v1ing is basically just who uses this games gimmicks better than the other, while groupfighting is a combination of working together, communication, game sense, positioning, etc. Some people are great groupfighters and not great duelists because  they understand groupfighting and focus on it/ develope their style to do so, which might not work out in a duel. But seeing as this is a team based game, groupfighting is more important too. I would rather have 10 people who understand how to groupfight than 10 duel heroes in a fight.

Though I agree somewhat, but to be a "duel hero" you basically automatically are a good groupfighter. You automatically have the skills to be a good groupfighter by being a good duelist, however being a good groupfighter does not make you a good duelist. Top tier dueling is all about game sense, positioning, and reading your opponents. Any good "Hero" worth his salt can read multiple opponents as easy as he can read one. Take a look at Jackie real quick. Hes a great duelist, but lacks communication. What makes his dueling so great though is how easily he reads his opponents and adapts his style. Every time ive FT7d him, I always start out with the early lead, only to get rolled out of nowhere once he adapts to my style and learns to read my movements. Every duelist can read opponents and adapt like that, its just the better a duelist you are, the better you are at doing just that. Thats why alot of great duelist's skills seem to translate into solid groupfighting without fail (i.e Jackie, Tammo, Russianfury, etc), so I think ill go ahead and say id rather have 10 duel heroes than 10 people who understand how to groupfight.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 26, 2016, 01:46:23 am »

NAvsEU
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1623 on: February 26, 2016, 01:48:50 am »
Claimed for 111e? :o

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #1624 on: February 26, 2016, 01:57:52 am »

I mean, a lot of top duelers are decent groupfighters but that is because they trained it (many many hours), along with dueling, but take blood for an example, he hasn't won any duel tournys but everytime I see him play he top frags. I could give examples of people owho are great duelists but don't group fight that well but im not gonna be rude. But switching opponents and knowing when to disengage, is key to groupfighting and I see a lot of solid players not doing that. Being a great duelist doesn't make you a great groupfighter,and being a great groupfighter doesn't mean you are a great duelist. Take your 10 duel heroes and watch them bait each other, and get back stabbed by my groupfighters  8)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: February 26, 2016, 02:06:29 am »

NAvsEU

We didnt have any duel heroes for that lol.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 26, 2016, 02:07:42 am »

NAvsEU

Then why did I have to go into that video and get eye cancer from the groupfighting I saw? I heard it is inherently easy.
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 26, 2016, 02:19:12 am »

NAvsEU

Then why did I have to go into that video and get eye cancer from the groupfighting I saw? I heard it is inherently easy.

Did you not read what I just said? I got into melee once that whole match and I got 7 kills, its just we didnt have any other "duel heroes"

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 26, 2016, 02:26:08 am »

NAvsEU

Did you not read what I just said? I got into melee once that whole match and I got 7 kills, its just we didnt have any other "duel heroes"
I dont care about what you did. I care about what the group did.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:28:53 am by Alexander »
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #1629 on: February 26, 2016, 02:28:22 am »

I mean, a lot of top duelers are decent groupfighters but that is because they trained it (many many hours), along with dueling, but take blood for an example, he hasn't won any duel tournys but everytime I see him play he top frags. I could give examples of people owho are great duelists but don't group fight that well but im not gonna be rude. But switching opponents and knowing when to disengage, is key to groupfighting and I see a lot of solid players not doing that. Being a great duelist doesn't make you a great groupfighter,and being a great groupfighter doesn't mean you are a great duelist. Take your 10 duel heroes and watch them bait each other, and get back stabbed by my groupfighters  8)
Make it official, 10 "duel heroes" vs 10 "groupfighters"  U WONT

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: February 26, 2016, 02:39:22 am »

NAvsEU

I dont care about what you did. I care about what the group did.

Then dare to ask yourself if you have any right to complain when you are and alot of our "duel heroes" didnt even show

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #1631 on: February 26, 2016, 02:39:45 am »
i am elite tier
[close]
click here to join the 84th

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1632 on: February 26, 2016, 02:56:50 am »
man this thread is too cancerous now that all the "pro duelers" got here :(
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #1633 on: February 26, 2016, 03:02:34 am »
man this thread is too cancerous now that all the "pro duelers" got here :(
Wowowowow I haven't commented in awhile so please heard me. You all suck and Rihanna had the best video.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #1634 on: February 26, 2016, 03:38:48 am »
rip i wish I was there when that EU vs NA match was on