Author Topic: Community Roleplay Server  (Read 11838 times)

Offline Sephira

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Roleplay Server
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 11:18:09 pm »
For the record;
A ton of people messaged me, (Hardly any of whom were NRP) telling me to join CRP as "_________"

And the pastebin wasn't evendence for the DDOS, Spess just told me what to write so I did.

Yet you did it anyway with others? Surely PewPew, you have your own brain and can make decisions for yourself, therefore what you guys did was with the very clear intent to get at me.

Now regarding the DDoS, have you not considered it may be the guy who DDoS'd us for NRP that you guys banned? I don't even think any of my admins even know how to DDoS let alone have access to big enough Botnet, when we where hit the botnet had so many IP's that it took for us to turn the Server off for an hour to properly resolve it. I can tell you now, from what I do know, is that people are using certain exploits to crash NRP, exploits we actually offered to help fix.

You may not believe me but to be honest, with the amount of rumors and warped opinions around I doubt any sense of truth from either your side, or my side is going to be 'truthful' to the opposition.
I like working on Servers.

Intel® i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 2400MHz, 6GB Asus Dual OC GTX 1060, Soundblaster ZX, 240GB Samsung SSD & 3000GB Seagate HDD

ItsAlex

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 11:26:46 pm »
PewPew Deal With it

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:11 am »
Deal with it.

Offline Commander NEKO

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 12:49:15 am »
I think some ones salty and jealous :P , lets keep it off here shall we. Thankyou :)

Offline Burgundy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 12:54:08 am »
Owning a server in direct competition with other servers will always be hard, especially when people pour so much time and effort into setting up and maintaining regiments and communities from it. It will be hard and a really unforgiving job but I always think about the people who actually enjoy it as opposed to the one who voice their opinions about not enjoying it, as an admin you really find joy in the words people say but they can always be so harsh.

Regardless, it would be nice to see a role-play server with a twist and I think it is a bold move to create a server such as this.
Good luck to you *fedora tip*

Offline Sephira

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 01:06:42 am »
Owning a server in direct competition with other servers will always be hard, especially when people pour so much time and effort into setting up and maintaining regiments and communities from it. It will be hard and a really unforgiving job but I always think about the people who actually enjoy it as opposed to the one who voice their opinions about not enjoying it, as an admin you really find joy in the words people say but they can always be so harsh.

Regardless, it would be nice to see a role-play server with a twist and I think it is a bold move to create a server such as this.
Good luck to you *fedora tip*

Thanks for your kind words, we appreciate it.

Today we got 200 players, I left around 11:30pm GMT with 180 players. Players seem to enjoy our Conquest mode based Roleplays so far so I want to push developer for Conquest Maps so we can see these more often. Despite the messy day its been nice to play with the community and watch people make lines and firing with volley's on their own initiative is something that is really cool to see.

Hopefully tomorrow goes okay with the addition of new admins in EU and NA and a few new maps featured in my old Sunday Event. Also hopefully hear back about the future Public Events we want to host in the near future too.
I like working on Servers.

Intel® i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 2400MHz, 6GB Asus Dual OC GTX 1060, Soundblaster ZX, 240GB Samsung SSD & 3000GB Seagate HDD

Offline Dodo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dodo / RaJiska
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2015, 01:10:40 am »
Hello' Guys,

It's maybe just a detail, but for the sake of knwoledge, I'd like to point out that the attacks perpetrated toward the Community Roleplay Server are DoS attacks and not DDoS.

There is effectively a huge botnet behind, but the attacker is only targetting a specific service (the game server) using a single IP at a time (a DDoS attacks is multiple IP, usually thousands, attacking at the same time).

Even though the malicious person behind this has been launching DDoS attacks (which were ineffective due to server DDoS protections); the attackers has been using DoS attacks which are dealt with at software level using a single IP flooding a given port.

All that to say that these actions are DoS and not DDoS,
Good night  :).

Offline Tim

• Sergeant Major
  • Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 02:47:24 am »
Hey

Just wanted to clarify, I know that the CRP was not behind any DoS attacks against the NRP server. It was almost certainly the same person who was attacked the CRP earlier in the day who told me he was doing it. I had that person banned immediately from the NRP server and went straight to Izu on team speak with the information I had to try and help him out at least somewhat. Of course this ban led to the NRP and JB server being attacked tonight.

We do know that over the last several days people from within the 63e including one admin of the CRP server were involved in using a crash exploit on the NRP server with the aim to get people to join the community RP server. I also realise that these people were not acting on behalf of the CRP leadership or the 63e and did it of their own accord. However I would like to see them punished, in my opinion I would have them banned from both servers but at the end of the day it's down to the CRP leaders to decide. They will stay banned from NRP permanently of course. I don't think they realise that it's not just the server that suffers but I spent 8 hours yesterday and most of the day today trying to find out what the problems are and come up with solutions when I am supposed to be with my family over the Christmas period.

Something I found extremely upsetting was when I went onto the CRP server, I and the 59th were immediately accused of DDoS attacks not just from a portion of the player base but an admin as well when I was trying to actually help the CRP server find the culprit. I would like to make it absolutely clear that the 59th absolutely will not stand for any member using these actions against anyone. If anyone had not realised it is in fact illegal to do so under the police and justice act of 2006 with a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison within the United Kingdom.

I would like to stop the ridiculous bickering that is going on between the servers, we have to realise that there are now two servers and that's that. Nothing will come of arguing and fighting with each other, we have to work together at least some what to combat such attacks against the community.

Thanks for reading.

-Tim.

Edit to reply to Ted's comments on the previous page:

I indeed tend to say Tim is responsible for the Ddos attacks (we all know him...), but as long as there is no proof I will not take a side.

I feel quite upset seeing this. From memory I don't really have a recollection of talking to you much, maybe saying hello and what not in the game but nothing more. I really don't understand how you can say "we all know him" when you clearly do not know me at all. Also I would like to know why you think I am responsible seeing as you know there is no proof that it was me. In fact there is very clear proof to show that it was actually someone else.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:32:37 am by Tim »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 03:22:43 am »
However I would like to see them punished, in my opinion I would have them banned from both servers but at the end of the day it's down to the CRP leaders to decide.
I would have your leader, Kaide, banned from his regiment for what he did a few months ago: making a copy of the Minisiege and stealing the maps.
Otherwise, you are in no position to lecture people on their behaviour.

Offline 59th_Lt_Rhaegar

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 05:07:04 am »
Truly this is all incredibly sad. It's schisms like this within the larger community that damage all. Really this is feeling a lot like a messy divorce, two people tearing and accusing each other. I just want to play video games and enjoy myself and make sure there is an environment where the people who play with me can enjoy themselves too. The guys under me, I hope, already have the common sense and respect to know how to conduct themselves appropriately and I wish everyone else invloved to be the same. #oneplanet#oneNW#onelove

Offline BAD4SS

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:14 am »
However I would like to see them punished, in my opinion I would have them banned from both servers but at the end of the day it's down to the CRP leaders to decide.
I would have your leader, Kaide, banned from his regiment for what he did a few months ago: making a copy of the Minisiege and stealing the maps.
Otherwise, you are in no position to lecture people on their behaviour.

I just want to say: It was World_Edit_(cant realy remember number)'s idea to steal some server.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 09:43:00 am »
And that's the 5th person who's only posts have been on this thread, gg
Btw about that whole server stealing thing... Wonder what that's like huh?

Offline BAD4SS

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 09:47:47 am »
And that's the 5th person who's only posts have been on this thread, gg
Btw about that whole server stealing thing... Wonder what that's like huh?
Pls, explain what do you mean.

Offline roozvonbooz

• Private
  • Veteran in the 33rd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd Vet RooZ
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 11:49:51 am »
The New Years Eve server wars, has begun!
But no, seriously, guys... Lets put down our arms, and be brothers, eh?  8)
Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side;
my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.

- Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 12:06:36 pm »
In my opinion all persons that crashed NRP are to be banned immediately from CRP. Crashing other servers using exploits is a no-go. Those persons did not act on behalf of CRP, but by starting this whole mess they hurt CRP as well as they hurt NRP. An admin that crashs other servers is no true admin, he's just - excuse my diction - a foolish, untrustworthy cunt. I also think BOTH servers should let their admin state messages over the day containing the information that the other server was not responsible for the attack. Individuums decided to start this whole mess, and the individuums should be punished.

Yes, we got a difficult situation with two servers offering the same gameplay at the same time. But this still does not allow anyone to harm or attack the other server. It is a very difficult stand right now, but nothing good will come out of two large servers fighting each other. It may produce a laughing third one.

Edit to reply to Ted's comments on the previous page:

I indeed tend to say Tim is responsible for the Ddos attacks (we all know him...), but as long as there is no proof I will not take a side.

I feel quite upset seeing this. From memory I don't really have a recollection of talking to you much, maybe saying hello and what not in the game but nothing more. I really don't understand how you can say "we all know him" when you clearly do not know me at all. Also I would like to know why you think I am responsible seeing as you know there is no proof that it was me. In fact there is very clear proof to show that it was actually someone else.

We got a missunderstanding here. As English is not my native language it is quite difficult for me to express myself correctly during stuff like this. It was not meant to say "I think you attacked CRP!", but meant to say that because I had bad experiences with the 59th (especially Kaide) during the stolen Minisiege affair I may were more likly to say the 59th may be responsible for the attacks, but as I also noticed the DoS on Jailbreak I was able to say that someone indeed attacked the 59th so I was not going to take any side. I never wanted to make anyone responsible for the attacks as noone really knew who was responsible but everyone was pointing at the other side.

Edit: Just look at this guy's steam profile and tell me if it was suitable for an admin: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Razoronemorar/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:20:46 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<