Author Topic: Company of Heroes 2  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Company of Heroes 2
« on: December 24, 2015, 03:58:07 am »

The first ESL Tournament of CoH2 will start on the 27th of December

Share what you think about the recent patches, weird RNG moments and whatever you experienced while playing this awesome Game !

The Gameplay explained:
Resources

The resource-generation system from the first game has been modified. Players will still capture specific flagged points all over the map to collect munitions and fuel credits, which will be invested in assembling their units. Most armies can construct caches to increase the fuel or munitions income from these points, though some points produce a higher income of one material. Instead of the soldier units actually gathering at the flagged point itself, capturing the point is possible if the player's units are inside a specific zone with no enemy units in the same zone. The accumulation of these resources and the size of the player's army can be much faster if players capture various flagged points all over the map. In order for a player to receive the benefits of a flagged point he owns, it must be part of his contiguous area of captured territory, thus allowing an unbroken chain ("supply line") to be traced back to his headquarters. Thus, the resource intake and population cap will be curtailed if the opposing side captures territory that isolates ("cuts off") owned points from other allied sections in the map. Manpower is used to build common units, and the amount will decrease the larger a player's army grows.

Buildings

Units can occupy a civilian building and use it as a temporary strongpoint. However, the occupants can be flushed out through attacks by artillery or soldiers using flamethrowers and grenades. The building-damage system from Company of Heroes is retained and enhanced; wooden buildings set afire will continue burning until they are reduced to cinders. The Soviets' main structure is the Regimental Field Headquarters, which is used to produce conscripts and field engineers. The Special Rifle Command, Support Weapon Kampaneya, Mechanized Armor Kampaneya, and the Tankoviy Battalion Command are the respective Soviet equivalents of the original game's barracks; weapons support center, vehicle center, and tank hall. A field hospital can help treat seriously injured soldiers.

Combat mechanics

Combat includes controllable units that are recruited and ordered directly by the player (through the user interface at player-controlled buildings, or through a doctrine ability), as well as activated support actions, such as artillery bombardment or air cover suppression. Every controllable unit type, whether infantry or vehicle, has an associated construction cost and recruitment time, as well as a range of fighting abilities. Vehicles and infantry can eventually be upgraded by purchasing specific capabilities. Upgrades generally improve the unit's effectiveness. Some upgrades are global, granting immediate benefits to all deployed units, while others must be purchased on a unit by unit basis. Most combat takes place through direct, line-of-sight engagements. As with the original Company of Heroes, colored dots will show locations that provide varying degrees of cover for soldiers and support units. Soldiers can also climb over low terrain obstacles such as fences and walls. Occasionally if a vehicle takes too much damage, it will be abandoned rather than destroyed, leaving it vulnerable to capture. The game also offers the player a chance to complete side quests in a mission, which are denoted by an inverted triangle icon.

TrueSight

The game's Essence 3.0 engine introduces the TrueSight system,[9] which aims to better emulate troop visibility in real combat. In contrast to overhead visibility seen in other strategy games, TrueSight more accurately represents a unit's visibility range based on environmental conditions and type of unit.

The main Company of Heroes Forum: http://www.coh2.org/

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:15:54 am by Cazasar »
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Company of Heroes 2
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 04:31:48 am »
I bought this game when it first came out and I remember being disappointed. I think the 1st one is better
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 04:37:07 am »
I bought this game when it first came out and I remember being disappointed. I think the 1st one is better
What exactly is better ? Also patches changed a LOT of the Game, you might like it now :)
[close]
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 04:53:12 am »
What exactly is better ? Also patches changed a LOT of the Game, you might like it now :)
Well, I haven't played the game since the release, so its possible some of the stuff have been changed. I wasn't a fan of the weather system and found it just annoying (although the ice is pretty cool). I also dont like the commander system.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 04:54:24 am »
Well, I haven't played the game since the release, so its possible some of the stuff have been changed. I wasn't a fan of the weather system and found it just annoying (although the ice is pretty cool). I also dont like the commander system.
Well, the weather system is gone :D Ice is still there though, and the Commanders only add to the variety of strategies in my opinion, but hey thats just my opinion :)
[close]
[close]

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 09:11:20 am »
I played the game when it was free for a week and enjoyed it, but I still liked Men of War more. This game is just a bit arcadeish for me.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 03:47:26 pm »
I played the game when it was free for a week and enjoyed it, but I still liked Men of War more. This game is just a bit arcadeish for me.
I never played Men of War, isnt that a rather slow game ?
[close]
[close]

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 04:55:28 pm »
Kinda but its harder . Most infantry men die with one hit etc. Men of war is not arcade like coh

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 04:57:09 pm »
Kinda but its harder . Most infantry men die with one hit etc. Men of war is not arcade like coh
as you played both, what do you think is better ?
[close]
[close]

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 05:00:02 pm »
as you played both, what do you think is better ?
I prefer men of war but the problem of it is the netcode  ;D. But yeah i like the system of the game and you have a higher variety of units and nations. But i still like company of heroes i mean i started playing it in 2007 i suppose  :-*. But in competetive ways CoH is better since there is not really a competetive community in MoW
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:03:55 pm by TheRealHunter »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 05:04:00 pm »
Now that Coh2 integrated the Leaderboards into the actual game and its cooperating with the ESL, I can see a wonderful competetive future for Coh2 :D
[close]
[close]

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 05:04:42 pm »
Now that Coh2 integrated the Leaderboards into the actual game and its cooperating with the ESL, I can see a wonderful competetive future for Coh2 :D
Yep thats what i mean and there is nothing compareable im mow.

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 11:28:05 pm »
I used to play it a year ago with a friend. I played the complete camaign and some Multiplayer matches, but the balancing of the nations was shit, did they fixed it?
And i have the OKW and Americans.
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 11:51:27 pm »
I used to play it a year ago with a friend. I played the complete camaign and some Multiplayer matches, but the balancing of the nations was shit, did they fixed it?
And i have the OKW and Americans.
Well, in my opinion the balancing is fixed :) What did you think was unfair ?
[close]
[close]

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 12:02:35 am »
With every patch they changed which unit/army was OP. :)
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3