Author Topic: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)  (Read 15234 times)

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • Age of Napoleon Team lead
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »
We never recruit on in game servers.

we dont need to.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »
You think you have seen it all and then you see this thread lol

I know the 92nd has a recruitment day where they swam the server but most big regiments are big because they have put a huge amount of time and effort into building what they have. I suggest if you want a "big" regiment, which first you actually need to figure out if that is what you want, then you work for it. Like the rest of us have.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 02:52:23 pm »
One regiment that has been doing it right in the official servers is the 95KB. They bring 6 members, move out in a line, don't stand in the middle and get slaughtered but move around the flank, pour a volley into the base campers and melee the heck out of them.

When Sloppy started they were not big at all, but I constantly see pubbers asking "Can I join the 95KB?" because they think it is so cool. Sometimes they've hung back to clutch rounds just to make sure they are more noticeable.

It comes down to this.

1)No one is going to join a regiment if they think they cannot learn something or get better.
2)No one is going to join a spam regiment.

1stFKI never or barely posts a recruitment message. We do fine on the forums, youtube, and our reputation.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 04:20:28 pm »
Do not try swing yourself recruits by offering officer positions, that will just lead to some kind of regiment catastrophe, it is better to go slow and steady, with yourself and 1 to 3 others in command, than recruit a large mass to fill up missing ranks. I see some new regiments, with 8 officers and 3 privates, and it always makes me laugh :).
Proving to the community that you are here to stay and that you offer them a strong friendly community is more important than size.
Doing that will eventually get you to a size, where the recruits just mass in, be careful with recruits, you want to train them and get them into the community, having 70% recruits in a regiment is a lot of work and frightening to the integrity of the regiment, so don't be afraid to slow recruitment while you sort them out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:22:05 pm by Nano »
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline Frederickson

• First Lieutenant
  • "La Garde meurt, mais ne se rend pas."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2de_Lt_Frederickson
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 04:26:04 pm »
Recruitment takes a lot of work. you can just spam join here if your interested. You can ask in game, be active with your current members as well and get your name around. maybe then you will attract some recruits. Its not all about having a pretty recruitment post on the post for members page either...

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:48 pm »
Of what i noticed of bigger regiments, they nearly never go out recruiting, their name is enough, just a link to the site, which is easy to get on the forums, will result in people applying THERE

Offline Jigstas

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »
The 91st rarely gets recruits from in game, I think perhaps 10% of them come from active recruitment, 50% come from knowing our reputation the rest come from youtube and Diplex's videos. In game recruitment is never just enough .

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 04:33:53 pm »
What's the problem though? It's true, the big regiments do absorb most people, be it via constant messages or reputation. Of course there are things like small regiments collapsing quickly and having a short turnover period. There have also been useful tips for the guy in the thread.

A few days of no recruiting could help small regiments, and do little harm to the large ones. Might be a token gesture by the large regiments, but it would be a nice one.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »
What's the problem though? It's true, the big regiments do absorb most people, be it via constant messages or reputation. Of course there are things like small regiments collapsing quickly and having a short turnover period. There have also been useful tips for the guy in the thread.

A few days of no recruiting could help small regiments, and do little harm to the large ones. Might be a token gesture by the large regiments, but it would be a nice one.

I think most major regiments get their members from forums and reputation, doing this would not make a difference to the influx, unless they denied applications. Which i think would be unfair to the players who applied, especially if they are forced to go join a small and usually bad regiment, who have 15 officers and 2 rankers. there are some exceptions to this rule, but most are like this.
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »

I think most major regiments get their members from forums and reputation, doing this would not make a difference to the influx, unless they denied applications. Which i think would be unfair to the players who applied, especially if they are forced to go join a small and usually bad regiment, who have 15 officers and 2 rankers. there are some exceptions to this rule, but most are like this.

No-one would be -forced- if people apply of their own merit, then of course accept them. The OP was talking about active recruiting. Most regiments get members due to people seeking them out via reputation. I just didn't think it would be too much of an issue to see what came of the OP's suggestion of a few days without any active recruiting. It wouldn't harm anyone.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 04:57:43 pm »
As many people of the big regiments pointed out already, they rarely go recruiting anyways, so it is just a competition between smaller regiments and therefore the demand is useless in my eyes (atleast this goes for EU don't know how it is on the US servers).

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:07:57 pm »
As many people of the big regiments pointed out already, they rarely go recruiting anyways, so it is just a competition between smaller regiments and therefore the demand is useless in my eyes (atleast this goes for EU don't know how it is on the US servers).

Okay, yes. I understand that particular point. Although whenevber i'm on a public server someone from 91st/92nd/84e WILL be sayingf "Join my regiment etc etc etc", i know that it isn't necessarily mandated by the leadership. But denying it happens would be silly.

MY point is what is so bad about saying "Okay... sure, we can try it". You know it wont damage your regiments, from what you are posting it doesn't make a bit of difference to you, so just offer to try it?

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:32 pm »
How about make me?

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:49 pm »
Is this a joke? It's called dedication I'm sick and tired of people saying Oh no one joins a small regiment. I started with close to 4 people now I have 31 wanna know why? Cause I was on US 1 every god damn night recruitng my heart out and anyone can agree they seen me. So shut up and get dedicated and recruit on the public server I'm tired of this whining.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »