Author Topic: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)  (Read 15228 times)

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
Recruits want regiments they recognize as well established and good. When I'm on US1 I always see some poor guy in there recruiting for his regiment by himself with spam messages, but never really showing himself to be good at the game or well organized. Then I see a regiment like the FKI, 3eVolt, or ILR having multiple guys in the game chatting, having fun, and topping the score board. That kind of exposure is enough because then recruits want to be with them, having fun and getting better at the game.

If I was going to give some tips: (Which many have already stated)

1. Be active with your guys on the Official Servers
2. Have a well organized thread/website
3. Try personal appeals to recruits you think would be interested
[4.] As Malakith said, HAVE A SCHEDULE! No one wants to join a regiment and not do any events, so have some lined up for you to do and use volunteers to fill holes if you need to.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:15:29 pm by Salt »
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline psmith

• Donator
  • Validus quod Verus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FiDO / PSmith
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »
I admit I didn't read all 5 pages of replies  before replying, but having been in sales and marketing for many years, so here it is.  Borrowing from the U.S. Marine Corps recruiting ads for examples.

1) To earn a customer (recruit), you need to have a compelling product & selling proposition.  This is the Who, What, Where, Why and How of your regiment and what it delivers for the potential recruit, i.e., what do they get out of it?
Example:
Spoiler
[close]

What NOT to do: Be egotistical and self-serving.  "Join MY regiment blah blah blah". 

2) You must have a compelling message that is clear, concise, and compelling.   Yes, I'm using the word compelling a lot for good reason.  The message must be repeated in multiple forms: Forum Post, YouTube video, Forum Signature, Steam Page, Web Page...etc.  The message must move the audience member reading/seeing it, (see next item).
Example:
Spoiler
[close]

Example of what NOT to do (Marines fail):
Spoiler
[close]

3) Visuals > Verbal.  People are more moved to action by something they see, rather than a tedious blurb of words.
Example:

Spoiler
[close]

4) Deliver on your message. Not only back up your message with consistent content, but also with your & your recruiters' & other leaders' behavior.  If you want to be a professional, inspired unit, behave that way.  If you want to be an ass-hat unit, behave that way.

5) Last secret: Be exclusive.  Scarcity sells. In contrast, desperate pleading (i.e. spamming) for customers/recruits conveys weakness and lack of confidence.  Be sure to include a barrier to entry.  People are intrigued by barriers and will come flocking over to try your unit out, (see #2 above).

Good luck!

Offline Valiant

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:46 pm »
Spoiler
I admit I didn't read all 5 pages of replies  before replying, but having been in sales and marketing for many years, so here it is.  Borrowing from the U.S. Marine Corps recruiting ads for examples.

1) To earn a customer (recruit), you need to have a compelling product & selling proposition.  This is the Who, What, Where, Why and How of your regiment and what it delivers for the potential recruit, i.e., what do they get out of it?
Example:
Spoiler
[close]

What NOT to do: Be egotistical and self-serving.  "Join MY regiment blah blah blah". 

2) You must have a compelling message that is clear, concise, and compelling.   Yes, I'm using the word compelling a lot for good reason.  The message must be repeated in multiple forms: Forum Post, YouTube video, Forum Signature, Steam Page, Web Page...etc.  The message must move the audience member reading/seeing it, (see next item).
Example:
Spoiler
[close]

Example of what NOT to do (Marines fail):
Spoiler
[close]

3) Visuals > Verbal.  People are more moved to action by something they see, rather than a tedious blurb of words.
Example:

Spoiler
[close]

4) Deliver on your message. Not only back up your message with consistent content, but also with your & your recruiters' & other leaders' behavior.  If you want to be a professional, inspired unit, behave that way.  If you want to be an ass-hat unit, behave that way.

5) Last secret: Be exclusive.  Scarcity sells. In contrast, desperate pleading (i.e. spamming) for customers/recruits conveys weakness and lack of confidence.  Be sure to include a barrier to entry.  People are intrigued by barriers and will come flocking over to try your unit out, (see #2 above).

Good luck!
[close]
Very detailed, nice work. I'm sure it will help him.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Charles_MacDonald
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:36 am »
I lead the 93rd first we got a regiment (94th to merge into us) , we changed our name to 94th. It didn't work out so we reformed to a Cav (but i wanted the 51st name at this time , marsh had it) so i then stuck with the cav and the guys didn't like it so i said 'if edward disbands ill get the 51st name for us' . I got it. This debate happened got the name. So if you are saying im an indicisive leader no im letting my men decide we had been nothing but line so we wanted to try somthing new we didn't like it. Now we are light infantry and are enjoying our time. I have answered your question for you mack thats how many, tbh people just need to find there right place, and i think we found it so yea.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:40:18 am by CHARLES111MAC »

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 04:05:03 am »
I lead the 93rd first we got a regiment (94th to merge into us) , we changed our name to 94th. It didn't work out so we reformed to a Cav (but i wanted the 51st name at this time , marsh had it) so i then stuck with the cav and the guys didn't like it so i said 'if edward disbands ill get the 51st name for us' . I got it. This debate happened got the name. So if you are saying im an indicisive leader no im letting my men decide we had been nothing but line so we wanted to try somthing new we didn't like it. Now we are light infantry and are enjoying our time. I have answered your question for you mack thats how many, tbh people just need to find there right place, and i think we found it so yea.

To end this there should be noore new regiments at all so this is to limit the ammount of regiments looking by a bit and i the disband can not make new ones. Thats my idea.

Well now that just doesn't correspond now, does it.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2013, 04:06:47 am »
How not im saying from now on we stop new regiments being made  and pride to you always want to pick fights ?

I made so many spelling mistakes :(

To end this there should be no more new regiments at all so this is to limit the ammount of regiments looking by a bit and if they disband can not make new ones. Thats my idea.

“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”  Adolf Hitler

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 04:08:28 am »
So its ok for you, but we should deny that right to everyone else? That is hypocritical. I'm not "picking a fight", I am posting in a thread debating an issue. I haven't insulted you, have I?

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 04:09:44 am »
No not at all but you seem to be picking out on me due to the fact i changed names till i found where me and my men were happy.

Edit: i mean we started as line , then cav , now light. We hate the first two but now we love the 3rd. So we are sticking with what we are now. Is that not what you want to do here is be in a regiment tht you enjoy being in ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:11:44 am by CHARLES111MAC »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013, 04:15:23 am »
I am "picking" on you because you posted an opinion on a thread, am I not allowed to challenge that? To be honest, I don't care how many times you disband, whatever you do is your business as long as I don't have to deal with it in Official servers or it affects my regiment.

You want to prevent people their most basic right in this game, creating a regiment. Particularly people who might have disbanded in the past, considering the fact you are now on your 4th name it seems to me you would be supporting the opposite. Preventing people from creating regiments would be:

1. Impossible to control.
2. Immoral.
3. An attack on the community
4. Unhelpful in almost every regard for its growth.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:37 am »
No for a certain time if you know what i mean like say we do it once and we see how it goes of it doesn't work forget what i suggested. My idea was to reduce the number of people looking for members. If that is such a big deal then so be it, it was stupid to suggest but, saying to big regiments to stop recruiting what are your veiws on that ?

And to disband is to leave and then come back we stayed just reformed , there is a difference

Reformed:
Make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it.

Disband:
Cause (an organized group) to break up.
(of an organized group) Break up and stop functioning as an organization.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:21:56 am by CHARLES111MAC »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2013, 04:23:57 am »
It could, and I stress the the word could, help some some regiments. Most will fail due to bad leadership, as they have always done. It might help create a lot more medium sized regiments however it would also mean, in most cases, lowering of the overall skill level of the community because bigger regiments can give bigger and better trainings. Big regiments have a huge asset which is the old dogs within it, passing on their knowledge. Them stopping recruitment on the big servers for a day would have little to no impact, a month or 2 might be different. However like previously mentioned a lot of big regiments and including my own get a lot of our members through forums, youtube and contacts nowadays. Plenty on the server to recruit though, just a matter of persistence.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2013, 04:27:43 am »
Thats what im saying , but if you have not got that famous an account how many men will you pick up. 2 , 3. Most people require a partnership or they need someone in the community to be a film guy who is willing to record for multiple regiments giving them a maximum chance at getting as many recruits a possible.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2013, 04:29:50 am »
Thats what im saying , but if you have not got that famous an account how many men will you pick up. 2 , 3. Most people require a partnership or they need someone in the community to be a film guy who is willing to record for multiple regiments giving them a maximum chance at getting as many recruits a possible.

I started my regiment without being "famous" as did many. Dedication and persistence. Like I said, there are plenty in the official servers to recruit, and other servers for that matter.

Offline CHARLES111MAC

• Second Lieutenant
  • The fighting Pug !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2013, 04:32:35 am »
Yes but many do not join regiments that are small no matter how hard you try it is difficult if you post your recruiting message then 20 follow  from oher small regiments

Edit: Yes but you may have or not been around since MM many new leaders are not. You have had longer to gain members than them nothing about fame or nothing i don't care about that. What alot of them want is to join one that has been around and has many members. That there basicaly takes away all small regiments they do not fit in there.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:46:48 am by CHARLES111MAC »

Offline Clarke

• Private
  • 2nd In Command of the 105e Voltigeur Compagnie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 105e_Volt_Adj_Clark
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:51 am »
Stop arguing chaps, please.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:27:57 am by Clarke »