Author Topic: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)  (Read 15232 times)

Offline Clarke

• Private
  • 2nd In Command of the 105e Voltigeur Compagnie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 105e_Volt_Adj_Clark
  • Side: Neutral
The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:35 am »
Hey guys!

I was thinking last night about why the small regiments never grow, and I figured that the bigger regiments, like the 84e, 91st, 92nd and the other bigger regiments suck up all the recruits on Eu servers.

So I would like to arrange a 3-day period where the big regiments don't recruit to give the smaller ones a chance. I now many of those big regiments won't be interested, but they need to remember that when they started, there was no big regiments and it was relitively easy without the competitivness over recruits there is now.

If you agree to this then simply reply with the [regiment] agree and then we can sort out a date. Remember, its only three days, so your regiments will be fine!

Colonel Clarke
23rd Regiment of Foot
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:03:01 am by Clarke »

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Arrangement
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:56 am »
Hey guys!

I was thinking last night about why the small regiments never grow, and I figured that the bigger regiments, like the 84e, 91st, 92nd and the other bigger regiments suck up all the recruits on Eu servers.

So I would like to arrange a 3-day period where the big regiments don't recruit to give the smaller ones a chance. I now many of those big regiments won't be interested, but they need to remember that when they started, there was no big regiments and it was relitively easy without the competitivness over recruits there is now.

If you agree to this then simply reply with the [regiment] agree and then we can sort out a date. Remember, its only three days, so your regiments will be fine!

Colonel Clarke
23rd Regiment of Foot

Lack of recruits doesn't mean you should get almost free reign on the servers.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,234316.0.html

Dat might help.  :D

Offline Clarke

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:27 am »
Hey guys!

Colonel Clarke
23rd Regiment of Foot

Lack of recruits doesn't mean you should get almost free reign on the servers.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,234316.0.html

Dat might help.  :D

No I mean, a 3-day period where the big regiments stop recruiting momentarily to allow smaller regiments to get enough members for LBs etc.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:33 am »
No I mean, a 3-day period where the big regiments stop recruiting momentarily to allow smaller regiments to get enough members for LBs etc.

Who says those 3 days will grant them that, seems like a waste. To prevent extra spam maybe regiments with less than members should disband to allow the chat box to be less full of spam

I don't actually think they should do that but it's the same principle. If you have a problem with something, it's sometimes best to overcome it rather than stop it as it would create a problem for other people  ;D

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
Re: The Arrangement-Recruitment (ATTENTION BIGGER REGIMENTS)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:22:21 am »
Not that hard to get recruits. Im in the 6e, which is not a big regiment at the moment, yet I can easily land 3 recruits a day if I want to. I am just too lazy to give them my teamspeak and some info.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:24:33 am »
All you gotta do is persevere, not ask big regiments to stop recruiting

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32:53 am »
The problem are not the big regiments, the problem is that 90% of the small regiments don't last more than 3 month. And very often members of these small regiments spam ingame chat with recruiting messages and start aggressive asking individuals "XXX_without_tag do you want to join my regiment?", the bigger regiments never do. That doesn't help to get bigger attention nor reputation. The "leaders" forget, that rising a good and well running regiment doesn't mean only beeing in Teamspeak, naming himself XXth_Colonel_X makes a good leader. No, you need social but more organisation skill. It helps a lot if you have served awhile as private in another (well leaded) regiment and later on as CO there to get skills. But only playing the game 2 weeks, creating a regiment name and then complaining about the big regiments absorbing all players don't helps!

And Clarke, you just registered here in the community 2 days ago. You can't demand directly to run a succesfull regiment when you're a "newbe" here! Learn the things I mentioned above!

Offline Aldemar

• Donator
  • 84e Prison Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:31:24 am »
Such things can help aswell ;)

What We Have to Offer

84e is one of the most prestigious and long-standing regiments in the community, not many are able to boast the longevity and existential stability of the 84e and as such the first thing 84e can offer is a prolonged and reliable place in a respected and tightly-knit community.

84e is primarily a melee focussed regiment and reflects this in its training and battlefield tactics, but not in its selection processes! No one is ever refused admission for inadequate skills, nor kicked from the regiment for lack of progress; all that 84e asks is activity and maturity, with emphasis placed on a fun and communal experience for all involved. We have some of the best and most experienced players in the game who strive to pass on their knowledge to new recruits, who soon themselves become seasoned veterans with unquenchable bloodlusts, and it is this perpetual skill base and not an elitist recruitment policy that has allowed 84e to remain as one of the premier regiments since its founding.

We accept members of all nationalities and have an incredibly diverse roster, with the only requirements being basic proficiency in English and the flexibility to meet the training hours. While an inescapable fact that we are mostly a European regiment operating around European time zones, members from further East and further West have nonetheless found happiness and success in our midst.

You don't have to be a good player to join 84e; we have regular melee practice to ensure everyone is playing at their best. English is used for orders during Linebattles, but we are a very friendly and international regiment. Our members come from all over Europe, the US and Canada. Promotions and Demotions happen very fluidly, and if you are a good fighter or leader you will be noticed quickly. Inactive players are kicked out within a month, so the Roster always reflects our true numbers.

What can 84e offer you? A fun, structured experience in Napoleonic Wars that will see you win line battles and introduce you to new mods that you didn’t even know existed. The chance to join your new friends in the wide array of other games that we play, the option of just joining Team Speak to chill out with a fun group of people and, of course, the glory that can only come from stabbing another man in the face.

If you are interested in joining the 84e just click the banner at the top to be taken to the recruitment office
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:37:46 am by Aldemar »

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 11:03:12 am »
I remember recruiting a few days after Christmas, it was like shooting fish in a barrel!

Offline blind_dude

• Private
  • meteorit thrower
    • View Profile
    • office of Nr.1
  • Nick: blind_dude
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:34:13 am »
The problem are not the big regiments, the problem is that 90% of the small regiments don't last more than 3 month. And very often members of these small regiments spam ingame chat with recruiting messages and start aggressive asking individuals "XXX_without_tag do you want to join my regiment?", the bigger regiments never do. That doesn't help to get bigger attention nor reputation. The "leaders" forget, that rising a good and well running regiment doesn't mean only beeing in Teamspeak, naming himself XXth_Colonel_X makes a good leader. No, you need social but more organisation skill. It helps a lot if you have served awhile as private in another (well leaded) regiment and later on as CO there to get skills. But only playing the game 2 weeks, creating a regiment name and then complaining about the big regiments absorbing all players don't helps!

And Clarke, you just registered here in the community 2 days ago. You can't demand directly to run a succesfull regiment when you're a "newbe" here! Learn the things I mentioned above!

Exactly!

Im one of the leaders of small(if you think 30 people is few) regiment that exists from the very beginning of NW (actually started far back as a different one). So im absolutely agree with Fred, there is no problem with big regiments recruiting, it's problem with unstable regiments that keep wasting peoples time.

Offline Bonnyjoy

• Captain
  • Ex-Inmate of the 84e Prison
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bonnyjoy
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:46 am »

In addition to that, it should be said that we, 84e, get most recruits from our own, very well populated siege server, which means that you ask us to close the siege server in a three day rythm?. Well No?!. Many people enjoy playing on it and they would get mad if we shut it down.
Its not our fault i people wish to join us, since we dont do much recruitment on our own server.

Thx for reading

Bonnynub

Offline Clarke

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:36:30 pm »
Yeah I understand your points, anyone got
Any good methods of making yourself the best Choice from the view of a recruit?

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:04 pm »
Remain in the game and dont give up when the first "crisis" arises. Dont troll and find some serious buddys who will help you built up the regiment. Play actively on the server, dont spam with recruitment messages, maybe look for special persons you assume fitting. If you want to recruit bring people with you who are in your regiment. It looks much more organised then.

Apart from that I think you will get a feeling for recruiting sooner or later. Atleast that is what I experienced ;)

Offline Clarke

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »
Remain in the game and dont give up when the first "crisis" arises. Dont troll and find some serious buddys who will help you built up the regiment. Play actively on the server, dont spam with recruitment messages, maybe look for special persons you assume fitting. If you want to recruit bring people with you who are in your regiment. It looks much more organised then.

Apart from that I think you will get a feeling for recruiting sooner or later. Atleast that is what I experienced ;)

Ok thanks :D

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:03 pm »
There's no better way to paint pathetic on oneself online.

Large regiments have active members already and people come to them.

That means, you are competing with similar sized groups.