As a registered member (hereinafter, “member”, “user”, or “individual”) of this forum, we require that all members adhere to the forum rules listed below. In addition, please note the following disclaimers.Forum administration (hereinafter, “administration”, “moderation”, or “staff”) and Flying Squirrel Entertainment’s (hereinafter, “FSE”) right:FSE claims the right to administer its own forums as it sees fit
. Any attempt at justifying wrongful behavior with "technically it isn’t against the rules" will be completely disregarded. While we appreciate your feedback and understand that decisions are sometimes taken that may not reflect your desired outcomes, FSE has a responsibility to its community and its own welfare as a whole and not just to the desires of specific individual(s). Members are required to follow the instruction of FSE Developers or Moderators, and may face repercussions when failing to do so. FSE’s word is final; these forums are a privately owned forum and are provided at FSE’s expense.These Forum Rules, listed below, are also claimed to be an iterative process.
FSE reserves their right to change any and all rules as it sees fit, based on the current needs of the forum. If rules are updated, we will commit to ensuring that the members are notified by a post here
briefly summarizing the changes. If there are any questions regarding specifics, please ask a Global Moderator or above (noted in the FSE Forum Administration thread
) for clarification.
1. Derogatory or discriminatory remarks or content based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion, sexuality or personal beliefs
2. Trolling, insulting and other personal attacks
- Racism or hatred of any sort (including Fascism and other forms of discrimination) is not acceptable, and will be dealt with harshly. Please keep in mind that this is an international community of members with various religions, ethnicities, and values.
- Images or content aimed at glorifying National-Socialism are specially forbidden: FSE does not wish to contravene Germany's strict policies in regards
to Strafgesetzbuch section 86a and thus requests that its users adhere to this policy as part of the terms of this agreement.
- Political discussion is allowed only in specific threads marked political discussion. All users are encouraged to have a civilized debate, and are advised to refrain from ad hominem and personal attacks on other members for differing political views or opinions. Note that a personal opinion and racism can be the same. Every user has the right to have their own political views, but there is no inherent right(s) to use the forum.
3. Spamming and Quote Pyramids
- Personal attacks on forum users and moderators of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes (but it is not limited to) insults, provocations for the sake of argument, homophobic slurs, threats, encouragement to suicide, wishing death or ill upon a user and death threats or threats to the persons physical constitution. The latter (in the threats category), in the absence of humor, is a criminal offense and may result in an immediate ban.
4. Copyright infringement
- Making unnecessary posts with no valuable content will be regarded as breaking the forum rules and will be punished accordingly. Should you want to add something to your post, edit it instead of making a new one. Be aware that posting unnecessary content (such as off-topic posting of image macros, GIFs, and other multimedia) can also constitute spamming.
- Quote pyramids are considered anything clearly off-topic or derailing equaling (or in excess of) five quotes, without the use of spoilers. Therefore, anyone involved in a quote pyramid will receive up to an 80% warning level. Additionally, the administration may see fit to remove the thread in question, in its entirety.
- Avoid double-posting/shouting where possible, if it appears you are spamming posts/shouts without any real reason this can result in a warning.
5. Inappropriate content
- We do not tolerate piracy. Anything connected to piracy, warez, cracks, hacks, serial keys, and key generators, or any other sort of copyright infringement can get you into trouble, regardless of whether you do it directly or indirectly. Infringement of this rule will result in an immediate mute, and possible ban depending on the severity of the breach. This rule also applies to the unauthorized use of another user's game assets (both from this community and any other). If you wish to use someone else's work in your mod you will need to get their written permission first, preferably alongside some form of proof that you have it. Note that this rule does not include thread format(s), event creation(s), or signature(s); these specific instances are handled separately and on a case-by-case basis.
6. Posting private conversations or personal images without permission
- Everyone can access this forum; therefore, content intended only for adults is strictly forbidden. Content such as pornography, gory images, disturbing images, or anything else the moderators find to be inappropriate, will be immediately removed, and the violating user punished, as appropriate.
7. No alternative accounts
- If you post screenshots or logs of a private chat without the consent of the other member(s) in the chat you may be muted or dealt with at the moderator’s discretion depending on the severity of the infringement, and the post(s) will be removed. FSE’s determination is that snippets of a private conversation do not provide sufficient context in a discussion on the forum and can be used to mislead, misconstrue, or provide a false narrative.
- Posting images (including the generation of memes, gifs, or other multimedia creation(s)), or personal information (such as phone numbers, home/work address(es), or any other collateral) of other individuals without permission will not be tolerated. Violations will result in severe punishment, up to and including being banned from the forum.
- Do not create alternate or additional accounts. Creating ‘dupe’ accounts to circumvent mutes/bans will result in a temporary ban or an extension of the existing ban. Exceptions to the rule are as follows:
- If you are no longer using the original account
- If you have a family member/friend who is in the same area as you.
7A - Event/Regiment/Unit/List accounts
- The account(s) that meet the criteria listed above will be identified and dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
8. Do not drive a thread Off-Topic
- So-called “Regimental accounts’, “Event accounts”, “List accounts”, or “Unit accounts” (accounts that are registered to represent a certain event/unit and is used by one or more members of said event/unit to maintain an event’s/unit's thread in the “Regimental Boards”, related “Event Boards”, or in the “Off-Topic” areas of the forums) are exempt from Rule 7 as long as these accounts follow the following:
- Carry the event/units’ name
- Only post in their respective boards (Regiment, Event, or Off Topic areas, as appropriate)
- Keep posts to a minimum (preferably only used to maintain the OP)
- Are not used to circumvent mutes or bans (e.g., not posting as the member who is currently muted/banned).
- Are not logging in using any VPN. Any accounts that use VPNs will be banned from use. Please contact a moderation team member in order to have the account unbanned.
- Remember that we can see which users are posting on a Event/List/Unit account. Accounts that do not abide by Rule 7A will be banned and their users punished. Do not register a new account when changing names; ask a moderator to change it.
9. Do not punishment-boast
- "Off-Topic" posts in a thread are constituted as posts that are irrelevant to the thread's intended purpose or discussion. If users consistently attempt to derail the thread’s subject, then moderators will take action against the user(s). It is the thread owner’s responsibility to make moderation aware when user(s) attempt to derail the thread.
10. Forum Contests
- Using reports, bans, or warning levels as a signature, avatar, or in any other way attempting to boast about action(s) taken by the moderation staff against you or other member(s) of the community is forbidden. Violations will result in severe punishment, up to and including being banned from the forum. Do not argue against a moderator’s decision on the forums. If you disagree or believe a punishment was unjust, make an appeal to senior moderation or the Head Moderator of the FSE forum. To keep it simple do not share your warning/ban/mute history.
10a. Removing Names from Forum Contests
- FSE allows poll or vote-based public contests to decide “who is the best in what”, or any other public contest exclusively in the Mess Hall. These contests must follow the rules noted expressly above, and moderation reserves the right to remove contests/lists if they do not follow the rules as appropriate (including the punishment of the user(s) involved). Contests/lists that could be considered offensive such as the 'biggest loser' list will be considered a breach of this rule and potentially punished and removed.
11. Language Rule
- Also linked to the above if you wish to have your name removed from a list FSE will not do this unless it can be deemed as an insult such as being part of a list like 'the biggest troll' list, any list that appears to have a genuine intent and has made an attempt to do something accurately without offense will not be touched.
11a. Language Rule on Regimental Threads
- Please make sure when posting outside of language boards to stick to English so that the moderators can properly moderate all posts, most of the moderators are native English speakers and can't do their job if the posts are in other languages, that is why we have language mods for the relevant boards. This includes the shoutbox, a warning can be handed out if you choose to ignore this after being verbally warned. Commonly known phrases that do not breech any other rules in any main language may be allowed but this is up to a moderator's discretion.
- The exclusion to this rule can/will be if you are posting on a regimental thread that consists of one nationality/language e.g. the IVe posting in French or a German regiment posting in German. These posts still have to be within the other rules however and if they are breached there will be a punishment just as any English post.
How to appeal a forum moderator's decision
In order to appeal a moderator’s decision, contact the senior/head moderation staff listed in the FSE Forum Administration thread
in a fashion that seeks to resolve the issue in a civil manner. Appeals will be subject to review by the moderation team. Please exercise patience in the review and understanding on the verdict. If you do not feel that your situation has been dealt with appropriately, contact the members of the team in the following manner for further assistance:
How to report moderator or admin abuse
- Language Moderator/Junior Moderator
- Global Moderator
- Senior Moderator
- Head Moderator or Vincenzo
If you believe a moderator is neglecting their duties or abusing their powers, please submit your complaint to a Senior Moderator or the Head Moderator of the FSE forums.
NotesAbuse of report function
Please do not use the report-post function in an attempt to flame, insult, troll, annoy, aggravate or make bogus claims against other users. The report function is also not the appropriate place to complain or appeal a moderator’s decision. Using the report function to complain or appeal a punishment, will be considered as abuse. Please go through the appropriate channels for appealing a moderator’s decision, as noted above. Please exercise patience
When posting requests or questions to moderators or developers, please be patient while waiting for a response. The developers may be working hard on their current project or that the moderators contacted are not currently awake and not in your time zone, or that the issue has been escalated due to technical or circumstantial difficulties. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not take out your frustration on the moderators as this will only compound the issue. Thank you.
It is recommended to consult with a Junior/Language/Global Moderator(s) in a time zone similar to yours via PM in order to get the quickest response.Do not make posts on behalf of a banned or muted user
It defeats the purpose of a ban or mute and may result in action being taken against the party doing the posting on behalf of said individual. The exceptions are as follows:
- An appeal for an unban from the forums
- An appeal for an unban from a server
- A sign up for an event
In the case of an unban from the forums, it is preferred to PM the Head Moderator and any Senior moderation staff with the unban.