Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Grim Future  (Read 32524 times)

Offline Nunajs

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k Grim Future
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2013, 12:07:29 pm »
Hi to all 40k fans.

This mod is getting more and more interesting by the minute as I was made aware of.

First of all I am the guy who made all of the Space Marine and IG models shown some pages before.

1.) I did not left the team because I started insulting anybody, but because the team openly presents the work of others as their own while trying to hide the fact that they have not produced anything. The team was trying to present work of AndreusAs as their own work which is unprofessional to say the least.

2.) While asking what they have got made for the mod, they were unable to present anything showing both their dedication and skill. Make no mistake, this "modding" is supposed to be fun but it's hard work requiring some serious skill as well.

Leaving other unpleasant stuff alone that's basically it. This mod will have none of those models I made and I have refused to provide because of the situation described higher. This leaves the current state of things quite grim. Most of the stuff, from what I was presented, was very crudely made, unfinished and untextured. Only models ready to be imported are those from AndreusAs (like one barrel, razor wire and trench plank). Of course Wolfy is undeniably hard at work as I can see so I wish him good luck and strong nerve.

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »
We could not show much because we had barely started development,we have not got premade models like the one you showed.And we didn't present them as are's,we did say "all these models have been made by nunajs".I dont understand how we where ment to show the work any better than that.And if you noticed we are making progress.PhillyG is working very hard on weapons and i have started on the DKoK.And we had a trade with AndreusAS so there was a reason we got his scene props.
May i ask why i was told you insulted the team by other members of the team?

Offline Nunajs

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2013, 01:31:37 pm »
To answer your post:

I was not talking about presenting my stuff as your own. I was talking about presenting AndreusAs's stuff as your own once I asked you to show me what you can do. Now that was really stupid, ask the other guys if you do not know what I am taking about. In one week time I was not shown even a map outline, neither importing was done as promised, which to me seems like a good indication that something is not as it should be.

It is certainly good that you're making progress with weapons and DKoK models, can't wait to see how they turn out. I have previously stated that the models I was shown by some guys on the team are ugly. Somebody was trying to convince me that super texture work will save them, so I am very interested in learning some new tricks how to overcome overall bad shape and volume with super textures. One may never know of course.

I can not know why was you told that I insulted the team. Or maybe I can since every time I was on Team Speak somebody was constantly telling me that he has to have my models NOW and without them they can not do anything at all. This was really hilarious. So I of course refused to give anything unless I am convinced that the team can actually deliver. This is perhaps the insult you're talking about since I've never used any strong or inappropriate language.

Again I wish anybody who is actually producing any sensible content for the mod the best luck in what they are doing and I'll be watching what you come up with regularly.

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2013, 03:22:45 pm »
Word.

How many polys?

Im going to make an educated guess and say "too many".
and yet still looks to quote others "Sexy" so yeah i dont think anyone cares
You dont know much about modding evidently.

And i am so sorry was my education  not as good as yours?
To be honest, I doubt it was.

Offline sev666

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2CT_Skrim_Sgt_Sev
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:43 pm »
okay 1 i believe the insult that wolfy is talking about is when you called Phil `s work a abomination and 2 we have permission to use the models we are using so long as the mod is done and were not stealing from anyone who cares and Temuzu no i don't know a lot about modding ill admit that but what does that matter the point of that message is that people don't seem to care about the poly count only you and on the education bit again so what. this is a gaming forum one of the last things people are going to care about on here is grammar or education.

Offline Maximilius

• Sergeant
  • Modding Whore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vitallion
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:19 pm »
Word.

How many polys?

Im going to make an educated guess and say "too many".
and yet still looks to quote others "Sexy" so yeah i dont think anyone cares
You dont know much about modding evidently.

And i am so sorry was my education  not as good as yours?
To be honest, I doubt it was.

Why all the hate bro?

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »
Calling me a heretic?

Temuzu no i don't know a lot about modding ill admit that but what does that matter the point of that message is that people don't seem to care about the poly count only you
Everyone would care about the poly count if they knew what it means and what kind of an effect it has on gameplay.

and on the education bit again so what. this is a gaming forum one of the last things people are going to care about on here is grammar or education.
Evidently.

Offline Maximilius

• Sergeant
  • Modding Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
That gif is glorious. I don't care if we're all being assholes and insulting each other, you've given me another Heresy image.

I like you.

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »
Since there are at least 5 dead WH 40k mods for Warband, do you guys have a competent coder?
All of those WH mods died because making models is nice and good, however without good coder you end up with a cheap reskin of Warband.
people don't seem to care about the poly count only you and on the education bit again so what. this is a gaming forum one of the last things people are going to care about on here is grammar or education.
Main reason people care about poly count is because if it's too high you get a slideshow, not a game. The lower the poly count the better the game runs.
Also, using grammar, capital letters and punctuation helps people understand what you're writing.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:39 am »
i don't know a lot about modding ill admit that but what does that matter the point of that message is that people don't seem to care about the poly count only you and on the education bit again so what.

You're making a mod without any clue how games work? Considering polycount is pretty damn important.

Offline sev666

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2CT_Skrim_Sgt_Sev
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2013, 04:45:54 pm »
actually im not really in the mod team i just look after the forum and the teamspeak sometimes giving ideas when needed. everyone else on the other hand know what there doing and are quite far in the making of the private alpha

Offline Maximilius

• Sergeant
  • Modding Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »
I demand Baneblades.

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2013, 03:30:27 am »
Spoiler
I have to admit that, before I saw this mod, I hadn't paid much attention to the Warhammer universe. I spent the past few days looking into it after seeing this thread, and... well...

FOR THE EMPEROR!

You've created a new fan. :P
[close]

Aye Bob, same with me. I used to love the Imperial Guard, but really, the deepened lore is quite fascinating.

It is the same case with me.

Hh-well in that case, welcome to the Emperor's club, children! ;)
LAPDOG OF THE FALSE EMPORER

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:07 am »
Can you include the Asgardian 89th Rangers for cav on the imperial guard? they are the only cool imperial guard regiment, the rest are all scum.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2013, 07:05:38 am »
Can you include the Asgardian 89th Rangers for cav on the imperial guard? they are the only cool imperial guard regiment, the rest are all scum.

Stop spreading your heresy! (We might add them though, might not, secret secret)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:18:21 am by Desert Thunda »