Author Topic: Classes- M&B classes or Custom?  (Read 27755 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
Re: Classes- M&B classes or Custom?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »
I'm hoping for tons and tons of character customization. Face, accessories, bears, mustaches, scars, weight, and height. Maybe even things like uniform dirtiness and hat position(tilted back, slanted to the side, etc.).

You know? I think one of my favorite character customizations ever in the history of gaming is from TES V: Skyrim. I mean, you could customize everything! Dirt, facial dimensions, eye size/height... a really in depth character customization would be really cool! M&B I can almost make my "toon" look like me, but you have those preset "skins." If you remove that and have color pallets for skin, and other pallets for features, that would be very worth it.
Yeah... Except Oblivion had a substantially more in depth character customization stage than Skyrim. I'm guessing the only TES game you've played has been Skyrim though, so I'll let it be.

And anyway, there are other RPGs that have allowed you to customize your character a fuckton. Skyrim aint shit, doc.

Lose the attitude, asshole... I've played every TES, and have them, from Arena. I said I liked Skyrim's the best.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 01:50:00 am »
Beards are the things that make a game worht buying  :D
So true

Offline ColdSniper45

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:14 am »
Hmm I like Napoleonic's class based system, but i do agree that unit uniforms should be customizable to an extent, not completely out of control, because i think that you lose a sense of faction unity when every unit on the battlefield is wearing something different. Like in Native warband, your whole army just looks like a militia. But just limit it to smaller things, like utility, hat and chest props, canteens, pockets, etc.

Offline Budzinskiy

• Sergeant
  • I'm retired from MM.I was captain in an Army corp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Budzinskiy
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:46 am »
Or they just could add a customisable system for the uniform of different regiments and could be fun and more  realistic

Offline Ryno2626

• Second Lieutenant
  • MAW Community Manager
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [9y] Ryno2626
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 09:00:59 pm »
I think it should be like native. Certain classes shouldn't be allowed to equip certain items.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 09:10:05 pm »
I think it should be like native. Certain classes shouldn't be allowed to equip certain items.
Yeah the Musketoon can piss everyone off sometimes. Especially on a Russian Dragoon.

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18:52 am »
I think that the class selection should be completely NW based, but with some customization.

Add extra hats for different regiments or just for different style, it will make it neat.  Have this be a side scroller (for instance, russian skirmishers can have cav musket or rifle, something like this)

I think rank tags would be neat.  I've looked through the textures of NW and I think you could probably fit all of the rank emblems on there and just be able to switch the texture of the regiment soldier.  Ranks could be a little nifty thing for visual effect, although I don't know how ranking looked on uniforms during the war as I don't know much about it, so I may just be making a fool of myself here.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 08:43:55 am »
I think that the class selection should be completely NW based, but with some customization.

Add extra hats for different regiments or just for different style, it will make it neat.  Have this be a side scroller (for instance, russian skirmishers can have cav musket or rifle, something like this)

I think rank tags would be neat.  I've looked through the textures of NW and I think you could probably fit all of the rank emblems on there and just be able to switch the texture of the regiment soldier.  Ranks could be a little nifty thing for visual effect, although I don't know how ranking looked on uniforms during the war as I don't know much about it, so I may just be making a fool of myself here.

+1, probably the best suggestion concerning classes, although I would like to add that maybe stuff like hats could be unlocked for getting a certain amount of kills with the class, as an incentive to play as each class to get the cooler hats

Offline EgoisticPenny

• Corporal
  • I quite liked MM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 05:43:02 am »
I'm going to refer back to Azrooh's old mod, Secession.  I really enjoyed the ability to pick and choose the hat, the rank, the trousers and, if you were an officer, the gloves.  I just felt that it gave the people in the group something besides their in-game name to look at and be able to say "Hey, I am a corporal.", and also a bit more character individualization beyond the character's face.

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Galadhion
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 09:48:52 am »

Generally everything above private would be displayed on the uniform, so Corporal and up. On the mod North & South the ranks are displayed on the shoulders for high command staff, and on the upper arms for NCO's. Cavalry buglers, for example, have two chevrons on their arm.

Offline saturnplanet

• Private
  • Oberst Of the Black Legion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBruns_Obst_Saturn
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 04:04:53 pm »
I think there should be a base skin, to which you can add things to

Offline Major Sharpe

• Second Lieutenant
  • Aliases: Brother_Padre, Angbar, E.Spears
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20thME_Col_E.Spears
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »
Have the napoleonic set up with all the regiments but with customisation towards hats etc..

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 12:37:41 am »
It would be fun being able to tilt your hat around.

I mean, half the players would try and put their vizors in front of their eyes and shout 'I can't see!'.

Offline Insurance Salesman

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2013, 02:30:44 am »
Honestly, I think that the class system should basically be like that from NW, with the ability to lightly customize based on the regiment's uniform (so differently colored hats, glasses, etc.).

Also, if you're going to implement "guard" regiments like in Napoleonic Wars (though I'm not sure many elite regiments even served during the war) please make them limited in number. There was really no point to not play as elite troopers unless you happened to like playing riflemen, which made them a lot less important and imposing than if you met them in real life.

Offline Ryan1

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Scott_Roderick
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 04:59:43 pm »
each regiment should be able to have custom ones