Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [14th Matchday 15th - 21th Jan]  (Read 215744 times)

Offline Murphy

• Donator
  • Merfie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Lt_John_Fiennes
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [6th Matchday 30 Oct - 05 Nov]
« Reply #1365 on: November 15, 2015, 03:18:36 am »
Three leagues was always incredibily ambitious considering the current state of decline the game is in. I suppose it's too late now, but the organizers would have been better off having two leagues made up of 10 decent, upstanding regiments that are unlikely to disband within a week of the first match of the league.

As for match days, I feel that it is generally better, as Crumpet has stated, to keep it fixed on a weekly basis. I do however believe that if two regiments agree to move the date of their match forward then that is their prerogative.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1366 on: November 15, 2015, 09:00:07 am »
Three leagues was always incredibily ambitious considering the current state of decline the game is in. I suppose it's too late now, but the organizers would have been better off having two leagues made up of 10 decent, upstanding regiments that are unlikely to disband within a week of the first match of the league.

As for match days, I feel that it is generally better, as Crumpet has stated, to keep it fixed on a weekly basis. I do however believe that if two regiments agree to move the date of their match forward then that is their prerogative.

true story, but I do believe as well that if smaller regiments want to particapate in a some what competitive tournament that this should be possible and that is why the 3rd League has been created offcourse with these kind of regiments you cant be sure if they will keep existing, then again you cant be sure at all if a regiment will keep existing now a days regiments just randomely disbanned even in the 1st league ::)

but to come back to the point of the matchday system dont get rid of that, I mean how else are you suppose to play the matches in an orderly fashion ?

Just keep it going as it is  8)

Offline Steffan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 54e_Steffan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1367 on: November 15, 2015, 11:10:45 am »
In my opinion an administrator for each league, a go to guy for leaders to talk to about their fixtures, and a team of referees for each league. Meaning this team of 3-4 refs' priority would be the league they have been assigned, they would serve as backup for the other leagues.

This way, if I was organising a match, I would have 3-4 people to talk to try and agree on a day. Since they are dedicated to my league we will work together to get to an agreeable date and time. If no resolution is possible then i would go to my league's administrator who's job would be to find a ref from the other leagues, this administrator is better connected and better positioned to sort it out quickly.

I am happy to develop this idea with anybody who is interested to discuss further.

I would keep the structured fixture list. It is something we should be aiming to achieve. If both leaders agree on a different week however, then so be it, that's common sense.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:12:28 am by Steffan »
Want to join us? Add Steffan on steam or go here http://lynxgaming.org/

Offline Barbaneth

• Sergeant
  • Bullet is for the fool, bayonet is for the smart
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Commissar_Barb
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [8th Matchday 13 - 19 Nov]
« Reply #1368 on: November 15, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »
Ref needed for tonight 8 GMT, 16_Jeunes vs 10thLR

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1369 on: November 15, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »
So seeing the schedules and the fked up 2nd League (disbanders and leavers suck), what is your opinion of getting rid of the matchday system? Regiments could choose freely when to play their opponents with no specific order given. Many regiments can't keep up with their schedules for whatever reason...
Nah, in my experience of hosting if you don't tell players what fight to do and when, simply they won't do it or will leave all their matches till the last minute.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ndreval

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »
btw, about shedule. 2nd league. Preobraz vs 33rd : 6-4 to 33rd
And Preobraz vs 23 on 21.11 at 7.15 GMT

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 15, 2015, 05:03:07 pm »
oh shit! its page 92nd!

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #1372 on: November 15, 2015, 07:50:55 pm »
NWL_6 got 120 ping

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #1373 on: November 15, 2015, 08:32:44 pm »
Match : 5te vs 61e
Server : NWL_4
Referee : Salakien
Result : 4:6

It was good match , a very few rulebreaks , there were melee only round . GJ guys , wish you luck in league .:)

Offline huanmpth

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Lt_huanmpth
« Reply #1374 on: November 15, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »
Match : 5te vs 61e
Server : NWL_4
Referee : Salakien
Result : 4:6

It was good match , a very few rulebreaks , there were melee only round . GJ guys , wish you luck in league .:)

It was a really nice match thanks to the ref and to our opponents.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #1375 on: November 15, 2015, 08:56:37 pm »
Spartans vs. 63e: 9 - 1

One very nice match, enjoyed to referee
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Bigmama

• First Lieutenant
  • Nwl-Ref; Nwwc-Team AUT; Ex Nr12 Kpl 17e CplFo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr12_Joseph_Zittrich
« Reply #1376 on: November 15, 2015, 09:37:00 pm »
10th Lr vs. 16eJg:6 - 4

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 15, 2015, 09:52:10 pm »
16th 7-3 54e

Iffy match to say the least, lots of abuse being thrown regarding decisions and some quite offensive comments aimed at me arent very good nor wanted.

Offline Steffan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 54e_Steffan
« Reply #1378 on: November 15, 2015, 10:05:17 pm »
Well fought by the 16th.

We would like to contest 3 counts where the 16th outnumbered us by two, despite making the admin aware of the in-balance, no reset was forthcoming, a common sense issue, and one count of a round we won being reset due to fic, where earlier in the match when the 16th fic a simple slay was chosen as the punishment. Inconsistent and confusing.

I'd prefer to talk on teamspeak or discord rather than take up any more space here or any misunderstandings on steam chat.
Want to join us? Add Steffan on steam or go here http://lynxgaming.org/

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #1379 on: November 15, 2015, 10:46:45 pm »
I want to comment on the part when you were outnumbered by 2 since i a do not remember exactly what happened with the Firing in Charge. This happened twice and in both cases you had a person crashing/leaving/dying within the first few seconds. I am pretty sure after the "live" notification we don't have to drop if we were correct at the start of the round.

Also i completely ignored the  rage messages against people from my nation just because of their ethnicity during the event.