Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [14th Matchday 15th - 21th Jan]  (Read 215191 times)

Offline 59th Regiment of Foot

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League - 6th Season [14th Matchday 15th - 21th Jan]
« Reply #1770 on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:43 am »
I think the issue are clear to see. New regiments join the leagues and tend to disband or face a loss of attendance.

We can fix that by simply only allowing the older regiments into a particular 'Stable League'  'Old Guard' league or something. The likes of your 33rds, 77y, 59th, 63e, 15YR, 78th, 51st, 25th, 45e, 6te etc (I only know English speaking sorry).

The newer regiments should enter a separate league. Which should have nothing to do with skill level but defined on their existence age.

That way the likes of your 74ths, 93e, 17e, 7thQRC, 92nd and other newer and mostly highly skilled regiments can play without fear of them disbanding and compromising the existence of the older member league.

To conclude. Two seperate leagues: no difference or intended difference in skill. Regiments are assigned into the two leagues based on direct proof on their regimental history.

At the end the winner of the two leagues face each other.  Or the top 2 or 4 regiments of each league face each other in a play off.

(I hope no one gets offended. I just little faith in half of the regiments lasting 4 months. When regimental leaders disband/remake more times then I can count. Skill based means nothing as the 59th will beat anyone ;)).
Look at the last few NWL's lots of the older regiments disbanded too, it can't be judged purely on a timescale.

The names I mentioned didn't disband. Question is. Do you trust in regiments like the 33rd, 77y, 63e to finish a NWL or regiments such as the 74th?

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1771 on: March 17, 2016, 09:13:45 am »
I think the issue are clear to see. New regiments join the leagues and tend to disband or face a loss of attendance.

We can fix that by simply only allowing the older regiments into a particular 'Stable League'  'Old Guard' league or something. The likes of your 33rds, 77y, 59th, 63e, 15YR, 78th, 51st, 25th, 45e, 6te etc (I only know English speaking sorry).

The newer regiments should enter a separate league. Which should have nothing to do with skill level but defined on their existence age.

That way the likes of your 74ths, 93e, 17e, 7thQRC, 92nd and other newer and mostly highly skilled regiments can play without fear of them disbanding and compromising the existence of the older member league.

To conclude. Two seperate leagues: no difference or intended difference in skill. Regiments are assigned into the two leagues based on direct proof on their regimental history.

At the end the winner of the two leagues face each other.  Or the top 2 or 4 regiments of each league face each other in a play off.

(I hope no one gets offended. I just little faith in half of the regiments lasting 4 months. When regimental leaders disband/remake more times then I can count. Skill based means nothing as the 59th will beat anyone ;)).
Look at the last few NWL's lots of the older regiments disbanded too, it can't be judged purely on a timescale.

The names I mentioned didn't disband. Question is. Do you trust in regiments like the 33rd, 77y, 63e to finish a NWL or regiments such as the 74th?
Yet*, all regiments disband eventually.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 17, 2016, 09:15:57 am »
Lovely wisdom there.

My point: evidence suggests older regiments like the ones I mentioned will finish a NWL regardless whether they win or lose all their matches. Its not perfect... Im sure all if not most of the older leaders of them regiments will agree.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #1773 on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:13 am »
Lovely wisdom there.

My point: evidence suggests older regiments like the ones I mentioned will finish a NWL regardless whether they win or lose all their matches. Its not perfect... Im sure all if not most of the older leaders of them regiments will agree.
If this is the last season every "skilled" reg should play in 1 league. .. boring without 15th yr vs 17e

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 17, 2016, 09:19:48 am »
As I said. My point is not skill. its whether the regiments after losing or winning 5 matches will continue. By logic of skill if the 17e win the newer league and 15yr win older league they will face each other anyway in the final.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 17, 2016, 09:20:59 am »
As I said. My point is not skill. its whether the regiments after losing or winning 5 matches will continue.
So how would you suggest that Brot fills league 1, when at least 3 of those regiments you mentioned to go into league 1 want to stay in league 2?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 17, 2016, 09:22:34 am »
As I said. My point is not skill. its whether the regiments after losing or winning 5 matches will continue.
Cant agree... Just make one last season  with all good regs in 1 league dont split them because they might disband ...

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 17, 2016, 09:22:53 am »
They have the wish to stay in league One their choice. As I said it will not be based on League One or Two it will be defined on your longevity.

Top 4 of each league face each other for the finals. I mean us older regiments are fucking tired of having to do 15v15 1v1s. When many of us can bring double that number.

Skill and longevity finalised.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:25:25 am by 59th Regiment of Foot »

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 17, 2016, 09:24:57 am »
They have the wish to stay in league One their choice. As I said it will not be based on League One or Two it will be defined on your longevity.
In that case compared to quite a lot of regiments 15thYR are fairly new so they could end up in the second league then, seems very logical! And as I said half of those regiments wanted to step down a league because they knew they would struggle to compete at the higher level and it would be less fun for them. Even if its based on age they may still want to step down if that league is filled with old skilled regiments (meaning again you will struggle to fill the League a).

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 17, 2016, 09:25:51 am »
In that case compared to quite a lot of regiments 15thYR are fairly new so they could end up in the second league then, seems very logical! And as I said half of those regiments wanted to step down a league because they knew they would struggle to compete at the higher level and it would be less fun for them. Even if its based on age they may still want to step down if that league is filled with old skilled regiments (meaning again you will struggle to fill the League a).

15YR is well over a year old mate. We should get the opinion of all the potential leaders. You're either thick or just plain arrogant. I said leagues will not be based on skill. Until the top 4 of each leagues face each other. So there previous comments about league one or two will be re-visited. It seems attractive from a 'older' regimental  point of view.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:30:32 am by 59th Regiment of Foot »

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 17, 2016, 09:30:36 am »

15YR is well over a year old mate. We should get the opinion of all the potential leaders. You're either thick or just plain arrogant. I said leagues will not be based on skill. So there previous comments about league one or two will be re-visited. It seems attractive from a 'older' regimental  point of view.
i think he was talking about 17e
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1781 on: March 17, 2016, 09:31:15 am »
What is the point of putting Long Lasting Regiments in the same Group if they have different skill levels. I don't think that it would work as some regs will just rq as they wouldn't like losing to everyone. Skill leagues please not Longetivity because longetivity =/= regiment is skilled.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 17, 2016, 09:32:13 am »
Spoiler

(I hope no one gets offended. I just rather the stable regiments play each other rather then a mix of new and old. Not skill based as 59th will beat anyone ;)).
[close]
Read my paragraph. Us in the older regiments don't have faith in most regiments to finish the NWL. Do you have faith in the 77y, 33rd, 15yr to finish a NWL over the 74th, 93e etc? Base the League on longevity then at the end have a final play off top 4 of each league.

Currently league one will be decided by Caz or Das Bot added in with regiments who finished last year NWL. Which likely rules out the 17e, 74th anyway.

Clearly if your in the newer regiment you won't be happy and I understand why.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:39:10 am by 59th Regiment of Foot »

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1783 on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:42 am »
It has a lot to do with how competent the regiment leader is and how sturdy the regiment is. I understand you may have Concerns with the 74th, 93e, 17e, etc. But you have to understand that doesn't mean the older will finish NWL over some of the older regiments. Regiment Longetivity does not guarnatee they will survive in NWL. It increases the chances statistically yes, but statistics do not represent everyone. I would put my trust into the 74th, 93e, and 17e in surviving the NWL no matter what. It is the last season after all.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 17, 2016, 09:40:14 am »
Spoiler

(I hope no one gets offended. I just rather the stable regiments play each other rather then a mix of new and old. Not skill based as 59th will beat anyone ;)).
[close]
Read my paragraph. Us in the older regiments don't have faith in most regiments to finish the NWL. Do you have faith in the 77y, 33rd, 15yr to finish a NWL over the 74th, 93e etc? Base the League on longevity then at the end have a final play off top 4 of each league.

Currently league one will be decided by Caz or Das Bot added in with regiments who finished last year NWL. Which likely rules out the 17e, 74th anyway.

Clearly if your in the newer regiment you won't be happy and I understand why.
Just nope