Author Topic: Importing music from MM  (Read 4341 times)

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skott
  • Side: Neutral
Importing music from MM
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:14 pm »
Hi!

I have always like the music that is in MM more than the onre in NW. Is there any way you can move the files over and get the music from MM to NW?
I have tried but I must do something wrong as it don't work  :(

Thanks for taking your time!
England expects that every man will do his DUTY.
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Importing music from MM
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:45 pm »
Are you just copy pasting?

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:19 am »
Are you just copy pasting?

Yes I am. I understand that I have to do something more but I don't know what :(
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:52 am »
Well, seeing as how MM is a mod and NW a commercially released game i would say no, they cant.
The reason for this is because now they would need to get a license to use that music ( well actually the recordings, not the music itself ) and vince has already stated that its going to cost too much money to add new music into the game.

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:22 am »
Well, seeing as how MM is a mod and NW a commercially released game i would say no, they cant.
The reason for this is because now they would need to get a license to use that music ( well actually the recordings, not the music itself ) and vince has already stated that its going to cost too much money to add new music into the game.

I'm not asking the devs to insert the music. I'm asking how to do it my self for private use only.
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:56:07 am »
If you want to add any music to replace NW music (not just mm) go to you music folder. My folder is located here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Music
Then you just pick a track you want like amazing grace on bagpipes which was in mm or you could find a song that you like and just rename it to like bach_gavotte or whatever you want to be replaced.

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »
If you want to add any music to replace NW music (not just mm) go to you music folder. My folder is located here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars\Music
Then you just pick a track you want like amazing grace on bagpipes which was in mm or you could find a song that you like and just rename it to like bach_gavotte or whatever you want to be replaced.

So you have to replace a song in the game to get a new? You can't just add a song and keep all the others?
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:13 pm »
Well there is a music text file in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars
The tracks look like this william_boyce_sinfonia_1.mp3 268704768 268704768
You could probally edit in new music but i dont know what the 268704768 268704768 means at the end. It looks like those numbers are used for every track so im guessing that if you put for example song_1.mp3 in the music folder then add the line song_1.mp3 268704768 268704768 to music.txt it will probally play. I've never tried though and I'm just guessing.

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:58 am »
Ok I'll try then! Thanks for the help  :)
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline EgoisticPenny

• Corporal
  • I quite liked MM.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 06:42:18 am »
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Napoleonic Wars
You could probally edit in new music but i dont know what the 268704768 268704768 means at the end. It looks like those numbers are used for every track so im guessing that if you put for example song_1.mp3 in the music folder then add the line song_1.mp3 268704768 268704768 to music.txt it will probally play. I've never tried though and I'm just guessing.
This is a bit complicated, and unnecessary.  All you need to do is take the MM music file from the MM music folder and move it into the NW music folder then rename that MM file to be the same as one of the existing music files.
Say you want to add MM's "music1.ogg" file into NW.  You would go into MM's music folder, find the file, then copy and paste it into NW's music folder.  Once you've done this, you rename "music1.ogg" to one of the files there, for example, "bach_cello_suite_1.ogg".  Then, when Bach's Cello Suite plays, you will hear Music 1.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:00 am »
This is a bit complicated, and unnecessary.  All you need to do is take the MM music file from the MM music folder and move it into the NW music folder then rename that MM file to be the same as one of the existing music files.
Say you want to add MM's "music1.ogg" file into NW.  You would go into MM's music folder, find the file, then copy and paste it into NW's music folder.  Once you've done this, you rename "music1.ogg" to one of the files there, for example, "bach_cello_suite_1.ogg".  Then, when Bach's Cello Suite plays, you will hear Music 1.
Yep, and make sure you replace the spaces with _'s, because it won't accept them otherwise. Regarding the numbers at the end, the 268704768 268704768 just tells it to play while in a game server. There's another set of numbers to indicate which track should be the main menu music. Also, you need to change the number at the top of the .txt file to however many songs are in the .txt file after you import them

This is my music FOLDER.
Spoiler
[close]
This is my music .txt file (Don't worry if your .txt interface looks different than mine, I'm using notepad++, which I recommend to everyone)
Spoiler
[close]

As you can see, there are 45 lines, -1 because of the actual # at the top, so that makes 44 songs. The thing called cant_find_this.ogg is necessary for all .txt files regardless of what music you have in there. My music file is filled with mostly custom music.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:02:39 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »
Ok thans for all your help! :D
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 03:37:53 am »
I successfully imported the music from MM into NW, but I would like to remove what is left of the NW music. I was looking for the .txt file mentioned, and the only txt file I found in my music folder was empty. Is this the right one or is it hidden in a different folder? Also, is it possible just to remove  the other NW music or will that just screw things up?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »
I successfully imported the music from MM into NW, but I would like to remove what is left of the NW music. I was looking for the .txt file mentioned, and the only txt file I found in my music folder was empty. Is this the right one or is it hidden in a different folder? Also, is it possible just to remove  the other NW music or will that just screw things up?

It's in the regular NW module folder. And all you need to do is edit the NW music out of the music.txt file and you don't need to remove the music from the folder itself.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »

It's in the regular NW module folder. And all you need to do is edit the NW music out of the music.txt file and you don't need to remove the music from the folder itself.
Alright, much appreciated!