Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102969 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2015, 11:48:07 am »
Pikeman vs Pikeman

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2015, 02:10:07 pm »
Looks great, and the drummer too (minus him shouting 'Rule Britannia' but as I said previously we need voice actors to fix that!) The pictures you put up on ModB look good as well, how many more regiments are there left now to do?
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2015, 03:49:02 pm »
Looks great, and the drummer too (minus him shouting 'Rule Britannia' but as I said previously we need voice actors to fix that!) The pictures you put up on ModB look good as well, how many more regiments are there left now to do?

Im currently adding drummers and ensignes to Parliament infantry, and soon I will go working on Royalist regiments

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2015, 04:16:23 pm »
It looks good, however I would disable blocking with the pike. In real life, I would presume they're really heavy.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2015, 04:23:35 pm »
It looks good, however I would disable blocking with the pike. In real life, I would presume they're really heavy.

Yeah. I would also like to add dropping your pike if you switch weapons. But I think it's done by scripts, which I don't understand much

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »

Yeah. I would also like to add dropping your pike if you switch weapons. But I think it's done by scripts, which I don't understand much

I think you might be able to do it in Morgh's Editor, if I'm not wrong. I wouldn't have it when you drop weapons, just no blocking. Gets quite annoying after a while.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

I think you might be able to do it in Morgh's Editor, if I'm not wrong. I wouldn't have it when you drop weapons, just no blocking. Gets quite annoying after a while.

I just need to change itc_spear to itc_lance

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #382 on: September 15, 2015, 04:38:56 am »
I always loved pikes for not being allowed to block, gives me more of an incentive to stab people in the face with ma big stick :D

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 15, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »
Rupert's Foot drummer

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03:33 pm »
Love it! Looking at the re-enactors, the majority of the drummers in Prince Rupert's Regiment are wearing montero caps.

Spoiler
[close]

Then again it would depend on the individual although as has been previously discussed, the drummers were well paid and the Colonel of the regiment would take great care to make sure they were well arrayed. I've seen examples of some wearing large white feathers in their caps (of course many officers wore them in their hats and sergeants sometimes used a single feather to mark their rank).
  With the drums, not clear in the photograph but some do have Prince Rupert's coat of arms on the front although I think that may be conjectural.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:10:01 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 15, 2015, 05:35:57 pm »
Love it! Looking at the re-enactors, the majority of the drummers in Prince Rupert's Regiment are wearing montero caps.

Spoiler
[close]

Then again it would depend on the individual although as has been previously discussed, the drummers were well paid and the Colonel of the regiment would take great care to make sure they were well arrayed. I've seen examples of some wearing large white feathers in their caps (of course many officers wore them in their hats and sergeants sometimes used a single feather to mark their rank).
  With the drums, not clear in the photograph but some do have Prince Rupert's coat of arms on the front although I think that may be conjectural.

Thanks. I think it would be the best to have on drums only flag of specific regiment. I don't believe random colours, as seen on your picture.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:39:52 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 15, 2015, 11:01:56 pm »
Sounds good although remember some regiments do just have the coat of arms of their honorary colonel on them. The King's Lifeguard is definitely mentioned as having the royal coat of arms on all their drums (the drums were also the same dark red as their uniforms from what I read) whilst Manchester's Regiment seems to have had light blue drums with the Earls coat of arms on them.
Spoiler
[close]
(I am aware this is probably the third time I have linked this picture!)
  Still it is looking good.
]

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2015, 03:24:52 am »
OI U DAR, JOIN THE PIKE COMPANY, WE GIVE OUT FREE BEAR AND WENCHES GALORE TO THOSE WHO JOIN!!!

(Just posting this here for fun really)

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2015, 08:11:00 am »
This is actually turning into something nice. Oo

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2015, 01:43:56 pm »
I am certainly looking forward to this mod being released. The uniforms look great and it does seem there is some interest in this mod. Even if we don't get the numbers that play regular Napoleonic I hope it will be popular.
  By the way Pro_Dazzer, could we get a look at some of the drum designs you have done? I think doing the flags does make sense for most of the regiments (just those two or three I have already listed, King's Lifeguard, Prince Rupert's, Earl of Manchester's and possibly the Earl of Essex's should have the coat of arms of their respective namesakes).
]