Author Topic: Thoughts about "Confederate Flag" being banned  (Read 43858 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Thoughts about "Confederate Flag" being banned
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2015, 12:32:28 am »
Saw this on facebook today kek

Offline Eldred

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2015, 03:44:04 pm »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:49:41 pm by Eldred »

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2015, 12:25:53 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RwUJM6VoLI&feature=youtu.be

Complete with soundbits from the game.

Oh my... I haven't laughed so hard for a long time, now!  ;D

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2015, 07:25:13 am »
In the case of South Carolina Capitol, the flag was set there in the 1960's or 1970's to oppose the Civil Rights movement, so this flag was indeed actually used as an offensive and racist symbol.
I really hate people take anything Buzzfeed or CNN says as fact. Beck moi tchew. The flag was raised over the South Carolina State House for the opening of the Civil War centennial in 1961. Please don't try to lecture me about how you consider our flag racist. How many peoples were enslaved under the flag of France? How many peoples were conquered and slaughtered? How many laws were put in place in France to restrict the rights of minorities? Code Noir anyone? So before you go off judging other people, look at yourself.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of the Southern people. The Kurds have their flag, the Tatars have their flag, the Bretons have their flag, etc. No matter the history of any of these groups, it is still a symbol of their heritage. Its a symbol of a people.

Shameful statement. John Brown must turn in his grave.
I actually highly respect John Brown. I also highly respect Henry Berry Lowrie.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:04:51 am by Akko »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2015, 08:11:03 am »
That song was great, I want it played at my wedding.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2015, 11:05:52 am »
That song was great, I want it played at my wedding.

That can be arranged ayyy

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2016, 08:56:02 pm »
Just a "fun" fact:

Hitler banned the same flag during the third reich..  :P
Next step:

Apple banned games with the Dixie Flag in the game ;)

History repeats itself

Does this mean that the US, and apple are becoming another reich? Illuminati confirmed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:23:21 pm by TheDoctor »
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2016, 12:19:08 am »
Fuck the south  :)  gg jk, anyway.. if u fly that stupid confed. flag or Dixie flag, I feel liek you have problems trying to rise up against the governemtn, even though OBAMA is a bitch.. Donald Trump@2016

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »
Fuck the south  :)  gg jk, anyway.. if u fly that stupid confed. flag or Dixie flag, I feel liek you have problems trying to rise up against the governemtn, even though OBAMA is a bitch.. Donald Trump@2016

Well the battle flag of northern Virginia and the CSA flag don't only represent a failed secession. They also represent a part of history that all Americans should remember. They represent thousands of brave people who fought and died for their beliefs of states rights, freedom, and the idea that it was their right to rise up against the federal government if they thought it to be to large/ intrusive. All of these are mentioned in the US constitution and at the time of it being written everything the CSA did would have been seen as right and justified. When the US was a new nation the states held many more rights then they do now. Back then the constitution was and I quote "like a gentlemen's club" (Gettysburg). If a group of people (states) join a gentlemen's club (nation) they can stay a part of that cub but when one of the men or a group of men start mandating (federal gov) what the other members must do when they are not in the club then the members have the right to leave the club if they please. This is how the CSA saw the constitution and it is pretty close to how the founding fathers saw it. The founding fathers saw it the same way as the CSA however they absolutely needed it in order to protect their new found nation and under no circumstance would any of the original 13 states leave the US (at that point) or else they would face probable invasion from Britain.

The whole idea that secession was the answer if a state thought the Fed. Gov. was to large began during Jackson's administration with SC threatening to secede due to a new tariff. Jackson was ready to invade the state (which probably would have been better) but Clay came up with the Missouri Compromise resulting in a prolonged solution to the problem. Due to Clay's small patch the anger in the south group to what was known as the CSA.

So going back to what I was talking about before. The whole idea that all of those that fly the Battle Flag Of Northern VA or the CSA flag are evil rebellious scum is just wrong; however, there are some that are scum. Those that use the flag as their banner for racial prejudice are off in the head but those that fly it because that was what their ancestors fought for or those that fly it to represent the freedoms and states rights those brave men fought for are not evil or racist...they are exactly the same as our for fathers. They are basically the anti-federalists of today. They believed in a belief that once inspire debate in the senate but now is seen as a racist, traitorous, satanical idea. The idea of states rights was once a widely agreed upon topic and now is never discussed. Now in order to prevent myself from continuing this rant I will finish it by saying, before you call those that fly the flag
you must first understand the true meaning of the flag and the flyer's true reason for flying it.
--Burnout

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2016, 07:28:19 pm »
I thought this wouldn't get back, so I was like "thank god" and then it came back again. For fucks sake, leave it be! It's a fucking piece of cloth! >:(

Offline Jonny Powers

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2016, 08:28:23 pm »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:31:47 pm by Jonny Powers »

Offline Bob_Rabbit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2016, 07:59:24 pm »
in my opinion the modern american flag represents a tyrannical, war mongering nation.

lets ban it  ;)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »
^ true that

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:13 pm »
in my opinion the modern american flag represents a tyrannical, war mongering nation.

lets ban it  ;)
How was the CSA war mongering? They played a defensive war trying to keep the union out of the CSA states, and the only reason they went to war is that after seceding (at that point it was completely within their right to secede) the Union refused to remove their troops from the forts on CSA land. And they Seceded because they believed the new president (Lincoln) was going to take their economies foundation away (slavery). They were not war monger or tyrannical. They supported States rights so technically wouldn't the USA be more tyrannical then the CSA because the USA supported a strong central government instead of strong states rights.
--Burnout

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:58 am »
I think the CSA is pretty tyrannical considering they were fighting for slavery. Slavery is pretty bad, in my opinion.