Author Topic: 2nd Warwickshire  (Read 8249 times)

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Suvorov
  • Side: Confederacy
2nd Warwickshire
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:13:13 pm »
22nd Warwickshire
The 22nd Warwickshire (22ndWWS) Are battle hardened troops with loyalty and discipline.
We accept good players with a good sense of humour, and who are loyal to their officers.
Roster
Regimental Leader
Lt. Suvorov

Non-Comminssioned Officers

CSgt. RoryFerguson

Enlisted

Pte. William
Pte. WillZ
Pte. BlackBoar
Pte. LordMIT
Pte. LordMOT
Rct. Olaf
Rct. Hans
Rct. Kim

If You Want To Join This Glorious Regiment, Add MrSuvorovTheGreat on Steam! :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:54:15 am by Suvorovski »
Meh.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 2nd Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:43 pm »
Why people are so desperate to play as the unit that got slaughtered is beyond me.

However technically this regiment is taken,you might not have taken the number 24 but you are indeed replicating it. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:56:13 pm by James Grant »

raikesi

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »
The regiment is renowned for being in the Battle of Rorkes Drift. Many people forget Isandlwana.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 07:29:07 pm »
1st Battalion was slaughtered. B Company 2nd Battalion were at Rorkes Drift. Good luck though!

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »
It Didn't say the 2nd Warwickshire were taken or even the 24th, Please update the official regiments post.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:54:59 pm by Suvorovski »
Meh.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:01:25 pm »
The 2nd Warwickshire is the 'secondary name' for the 24th Regiment of Foot. The 24th is taken.

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:10:51 pm »
I don't see the 24th in official regiments
Meh.

Offline Falk

• Captain
  • WATCH OUT DUSAN IS USING MY PROFILE SOMETIMES
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] Falk
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:53 pm »
hey im 48th_RoF_Lt_Falk !

Pretty nice Thread i wish you good luck and hope that we could work together anyway ;)

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:11 pm »
My Regiment should be able to have the name 2nd Warwickshire for the following reasons:
The 24th post was from Napoleonic Wars.
And Their post said NOTHING about the 2nd Warwickshire, It Says (Royal Regiment Of Wales)
They Made their "Place Holder" AFTER I DID (January 21st 4:13 PM) on January 22nd at 1:30 AM
And They 24th Wasn't in official regiments BEFORE I posted the 2nd Warwickshire post.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:55:27 pm by Suvorovski »
Meh.

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »
Well now, we have a petite problem here now dont we. Being a friend and former commader for Suvorov here im getting involved. Why you ask? Because fuck you thats why, but i digress. According to the rules of the various mods and such that span mount and blade warband, in perticular NW and all its derivative mods. Name wise it is first come first served. I am well aware of the 24th in NW and that they are a regiment with a substantial amount of members, this is irrelevant as Suvorov was there first. Suvorov "took" the name so to speak before they did in the Anglo Zulu mod. The fact that they made their reservation after Suvorov and that this is being taken as the "correct one" is wrong. First come first served. For anyone who wants to contest this concept i point you in the direction of the 2nd Coldstream who are now known as the 2nd Coldstream Guard due to a similar situation. Case closed. Suvorov and his boys are now the 2nd WWS. Also i can'd remember the last time a name was allowed to carry to a different mod. Get it right admins. If you really feel the need to further contest this. Send me a message and ill give you my TS address and we can settle this like adults. (Assuming you are one.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:43:34 pm by Weejock McFiddles »

Offline Wodan All Father

• Corporal
  • To Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »
Well now, we have a petite problem here now dont we. Being a friend and former commader for Suvorov here im getting involved. Why you ask? Because fuck you thats why, but i digress. According to the rules of the various mods and such that span mount and blade warband, in perticular NW and all its derivative mods. Name wise it is first come first served. I am well aware of the 24th in NW and that they are a regiment with a substantial amount of members, this is irrelevant as Suvorov was there first. Suvorov "took" the name so to speak before they did in the Anglo Zulu mod. The fact that they made their reservation after Suvorov and that this is being taken as the "correct one" is wrong. First come first served. For anyone who wants to contest this concept i point you in the direction of the 2nd Coldstream who are now known as the 2nd Coldstream Guard due to a similar situation. Case closed. Suvorov and his boys are now the 2nd WWS. Also i can'd remember the last time a name was allowed to carry to a different mod. Get it right admins. If you really feel the need to further contest this. Send me a message and ill give you my TS address and we can settle this like adults. (Assuming you are one.)

This gentlemen does have a point that though the 24th name was taken for NW (as Chay pointed out), Suvorov was the first to claim the name on this mod and should therefore being the first person to claim it on "The Anglo-Zulu War" mod. I appreciate that the regiment from NW would want to keep their name but Suvorov got here first and should therefore get the name as the gentlemen above pointed out. It seems rather unfair otherwise  :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:52:59 pm by Wodan All Father »

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
Actually Hawke was the first guy founding the 24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regiment.
But then he renamed it to "60th King's Royal Rifle Corps".

Offline Wodan All Father

• Corporal
  • To Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »
Hawke was the first guy claiming the name officially for the Anglo-Zulu Mod?  8)

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:36:27 pm »
Hawke was the first guy claiming the name officially for the Anglo-Zulu Mod?  8)
Yes.

Offline Wodan All Father

• Corporal
  • To Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »
Yes.

Ah right ok 8) is there a link to the FSE thread for it or something as I can't find it or a mention of it on registered regiments already (I can find a NW one, not a Zulu War mod one). As far as I can see this is the first call on Zulu War Mod for this name.