Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 218756 times)

Offline sich

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »
Help please :
Is it possible to gather from various parts (parts from different cannons), another new cannon. And to make it shoot equipping it before that buttons in the editor?

Offline Amit

• First Sergeant
  • Never fart on someone balls
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »
how the hell im making the boats sail, i custom map i mean, i tried to make a map with ships but they cant move please answer

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2013, 11:06:02 pm »
how the hell im making the boats sail, i custom map i mean, i tried to make a map with ships but they cant move please answer

if you mean the mm_ship then just set the Var 1. to 1 if you mean the larger ships (the ones with sails) they can't move
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Amit

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:37 am »

if you mean the mm_ship then just set the Var 1. to 1 if you mean the larger ships (the ones with sails) they can't move

i mean the small one, so how am i do it?
set the var 1 to 1?

also please give more deateiles because i cant understand, and if you can give me your steam it will be helpfull
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:23:25 am by Amit »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »
Amit. I sent you a PM 2 days ago with all the info ;)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Amit

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:21 pm »
Amit. I sent you a PM 2 days ago with all the info ;)

thanks bro love ya :D

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2013, 08:39:02 am »
Alright so I have a lot of experience in SP and MP scening in many Warband mods and my own mods. But every time I go NW it always drives me to the edge of madness. For example, some 9 months ago me and my former partner had a good idea of making an "ambush" custom gamemode for events/public playing(by enforcing rules etc, that's mostly for events). I was working on a scene for at least 20+ hours, it was very good. I had to place so many trees and bushes, props, balance it out, make creative mountains and places to hide....then we tried to upload the scene to our server. We pasted the terrain code, uploaded the scene regular just as every other time. I was working over an existing custom_map_*number*. We load the scene in-game: BOOM, it's all mixed up and gone. Only a road and some trees, looking generally sh*t. I looked like an idiot, and tried to make it over the Arabian_Harbour scene. When we loaded the game only I could see the proper scene, he saw a bunch of random sh*t just like before. I'm asking all this because I really want to make some scenes for NW and Blood & Iron people can use. So I started a nice, bots vs humans Trench map in B&I. After my first scening session, I was checking out all the props, and I did ALL the environment and texturing(soft transitions, weight/hardness transitions) so I save that and quit the scening session. Still in-game I try to re-enter the same scene to see did those changes save, and what do the look like. I enter the scene which only kept textures at where they bordered(but evened all variables of hardness, weight to 100) and was completely flat on level 2. I was so pissed off again, but I can't quit now. Can anyone put some help here?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »
So if I get this right. Until a certain barrier everything saves and works alright. (as in somewhat a square) And out this square the terrain get's reverted everytime you restart?

In that case you are making the scene on a file that doesn't all bigger sizes. Not to sure if I'm right there but I had it several times. Just if you want to be sure that your big scene goes good. Make it on another big scene like Borodino or something like that. (if that is the case) otherwise I have no idea what the problem could be. As I neither do understand the problem entirely.

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »
That's it Gokiller, can't believe it was so simple -.-, but I can't use Borodino as I need a siege scene, which one could it be so it's long and narrow for a nice B&I trench scene?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »
Just try and search ;)

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 04:04:36 pm »
Some mapping/scening setups changed/added with the new patch?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »
Some mapping/scening setups changed/added with the new patch?

I doubt so, the only new thing for the sceners will be the sexy new ships  :D

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »
Hm, why have then some ships from the new maps both variations with 1 (I mean Var2 didn't need a number other then 0 before)?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 04:35:02 pm »
Hm, why have then some ships from the new maps both variations with 1 (I mean Var2 didn't need a number other then 0 before)?

No clue, I haven't seen anything about it on the changelog.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

No clue, I haven't seen anything about it on the changelog.
That's why I was asking, maybe they missed to inform us then. Maybe like they forgot to update the server files!  ;D