Author Topic: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming  (Read 274403 times)

Offline Ridah

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming
« Reply #1425 on: July 12, 2016, 04:41:02 am »
This has taken an awfully stupid time for me to find the proper forum after searching through the steam page and some other high level leadership peoples steams (who apparently don't want to be bothered with server stuff unless the server is on fire, if their steam page is to be believed) to finally find an active forum.

Basically I just got treated like shit for no reason. Joined the server, chose a dragoon because I felt like having a horse, and was greeted by my newly found horse in the new round and the pink admin text of "NO CAV" then was instakilled before I even had a chance to get off my horse or even take one step from my spawning location. The genius then had the audacity to pink text  "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO" like I was just supposed to know we were playing some little metagame where no cav was allowed He did it with like 3 or 4 other people (You want banned message) in quick succession before I just quit the game. The worst type of admin is the ones that try to micromanage every tiny detail absolutely like they are playing an RTS, the other admins I played with in the past weeks would give commands but it seemed like alot of people just kind of did their own thing and that was fine while the majority did some rag tag tactics to follow the commands. I wanna say the admin was someone under the name of "Mormon" but the naming syntax you people use is just to long to quickly discern people on the fly plus I had to rejoin just to see which "USMC" person it was.  I didn't even do anything. I just wanted to play a few rounds before bed and instead I get treated like a griefing piece of shit. I didn't get banned that I know, I just said something along the lines of, fuck this shit, and left.

The rest of the admins went from cool to a bit annoying/overbearing at times with constant pink text but none of them were such dickheads for no reason. Suffice to say I'm done playing on your server because of this unappetizing experience. I have been playing on it for the last couple of weeks or so, off and on, but as I would rather not deal with yet another server with admins being pointless assholes to me for no reason I'm done.    I would rather just play on a server where I will never run into this eBully again or just play a single player game. I dealt with enough of that childishness when I was a teenager and I'm just to old for it by now. So really just a heads up that you need to reassess who you have given admin powers to or its just going to end up being a childish clique with teenagers just being pointlessly mean because they can be.

Thanks for the fun I did have though, I guess.

In this "free" country, there are certain things we cannot say. For example, yelling "fire" in  a movie theater when there isn't actually a fire, could get you arrested or fined. Although the commissar may have traits leading him towards being a Soviet (memed), racial slurs will still not be made legal.

Screaming fire is a call to action with intent to create a false panic. It is not the same thing as free speech. I suggest you do some research on the topic. It has very little to do with free speech in reality. Saying how much you hate a certain group of people is far away from attempting to create a panic under false pretenses. Making this illegal does not set the principal to ban dissidence. Don't feel bad, most Americans barely understand that they have inalienable rights that the govt cannot legally deny any man without due process.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1426 on: July 12, 2016, 05:09:44 am »
sometimes when I am alone at night, I turn on auto refresh on the forum to improve my epeen

Edit: Just saw your post. I am glad you had fun on our server and sucks that you had that experience. If you have problems in the future, contact one of the server owners. I will get in contact with JDF and Mormon since there are always two sides to a story.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:13:59 am by Sir_Carson »

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Officer_Shadow

• Sergeant
  • Trust me, I don't have 20 wives.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Nick: Ze_Mormon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1427 on: July 12, 2016, 05:51:32 am »
This has taken an awfully stupid time for me to find the proper forum after searching through the steam page and some other high level leadership peoples steams (who apparently don't want to be bothered with server stuff unless the server is on fire, if their steam page is to be believed) to finally find an active forum.

Basically I just got treated like shit for no reason. Joined the server, chose a dragoon because I felt like having a horse, and was greeted by my newly found horse in the new round and the pink admin text of "NO CAV" then was instakilled before I even had a chance to get off my horse or even take one step from my spawning location. The genius then had the audacity to pink text  "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO" like I was just supposed to know we were playing some little metagame where no cav was allowed He did it with like 3 or 4 other people (You want banned message) in quick succession before I just quit the game. The worst type of admin is the ones that try to micromanage every tiny detail absolutely like they are playing an RTS, the other admins I played with in the past weeks would give commands but it seemed like alot of people just kind of did their own thing and that was fine while the majority did some rag tag tactics to follow the commands. I wanna say the admin was someone under the name of "Mormon" but the naming syntax you people use is just to long to quickly discern people on the fly plus I had to rejoin just to see which "USMC" person it was.  I didn't even do anything. I just wanted to play a few rounds before bed and instead I get treated like a griefing piece of shit. I didn't get banned that I know, I just said something along the lines of, fuck this shit, and left.

The rest of the admins went from cool to a bit annoying/overbearing at times with constant pink text but none of them were such dickheads for no reason. Suffice to say I'm done playing on your server because of this unappetizing experience. I have been playing on it for the last couple of weeks or so, off and on, but as I would rather not deal with yet another server with admins being pointless assholes to me for no reason I'm done.    I would rather just play on a server where I will never run into this eBully again or just play a single player game. I dealt with enough of that childishness when I was a teenager and I'm just to old for it by now. So really just a heads up that you need to reassess who you have given admin powers to or its just going to end up being a childish clique with teenagers just being pointlessly mean because they can be.

Thanks for the fun I did have though, I guess.

In this "free" country, there are certain things we cannot say. For example, yelling "fire" in  a movie theater when there isn't actually a fire, could get you arrested or fined. Although the commissar may have traits leading him towards being a Soviet (memed), racial slurs will still not be made legal.

Screaming fire is a call to action with intent to create a false panic. It is not the same thing as free speech. I suggest you do some research on the topic. It has very little to do with free speech in reality. Saying how much you hate a certain group of people is far away from attempting to create a panic under false pretenses. Making this illegal does not set the principal to ban dissidence. Don't feel bad, most Americans barely understand that they have inalienable rights that the govt cannot legally deny any man without due process.

I am the admin who you seek of. First off, the map we were playing on was the arena map. In the arena map, all the admins like to do a different kind of "gametype", which is basically when we turn off bot ammo, bot cav, and we enable the class limits so there is no cav. Basically, we had troubles with enabling class limits at that time. Another admin and I were able to fix it later, but at that time I sent out multiple warnings saying "No cav allowed for this map." Because basically if we had cav, it would make the map too easy. So we admins made it a kind of "tradition" to always change the settings for that map only.

The genius then had the audacity to pink text  "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO" like I was just supposed to know we were playing some little metagame where no cav was allowed.

I don't recall ever saying that, ever. The only thing I said were on the lines of "No cav allowed, or I will slay you."

I am sorry that you had the experience you had. We admins just had a bit of troubles with the "Enable class limits" that night and wanted to give the rest of the players a challenge, so I warned and slayed who ever chose the class cavalry.

Okay, I'm afraid you wasted more of your time trying to be a smart alec than helping. But thanks anyways.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:54:00 am by Officer_Shadow »
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - President Reagan

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1428 on: July 12, 2016, 05:53:11 am »
You know, to avoid all fighting, I can just disable cav on that map for awhile

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:33:18 pm by tired »

Offline [BBG] Alpha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:35 am »

The genius then had the audacity to pink text  "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO" like I was just supposed to know we were playing some little metagame where no cav was allowed.

I don't recall ever saying that, ever. The only thing I said were on the lines of "No cav allowed, or I will slay you."

True, you did not say "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO"
18:51:20 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: NO AV
 18:51:22 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: CAV
 18:51:30 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player Ridah.
 18:51:38 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: Zayas, want a ban hammer?
 18:51:49 - *DEAD* [Ridah] I just joined you ingrate
 18:51:55 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: Yes or no
 18:51:58 - *DEAD* [Ridah] How the fuck would I have known

18:55:27 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player Attila_the_kitty.
 18:55:29 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: No cav

19:00:37 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player henry_the_hen_fucker.
 19:00:39 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: No cav

I'm going to make this clear, if you do not want players to use cav, then adjust the settings in the class limits or reconfigure the map itself with tired's assistance to disable cav. As for the problem, with class limits, we'll get to that in a moment. However, this is simply unacceptable behavior and despite it being a minievent, you do not have the authority to slay/ban players simply for not playing by your demands. If I see this garbage again from any admin, we are going to have a very big problem that I will definitely fix.

Now then, the problem with the class limits.

18:47:42 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Set the class limit for Horsemen to 1 % of the team.
 18:47:44 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Set the class limit for Non-Armoured Heavy Cavalry to 1 % of the Horsemen.

Let's put it this way, 1% means 1% of the player population can be cavalry, if you want no one to be cav, set it to 0% it is best if you manually type the specified number.
It does not matter if you are the happiest person.. An unfortunate weeper.. A powerful beast.. Or a terrifying creature.

We are all equal, in the eyes of the Reaper.

Offline Officer_Shadow

• Sergeant
  • Trust me, I don't have 20 wives.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Nick: Ze_Mormon
« Reply #1430 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:00 pm »

True, you did not say "YOU WANT BANNED, YES OR NO"
18:51:20 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: NO AV
 18:51:22 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: CAV
 18:51:30 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player Ridah.
 18:51:38 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: Zayas, want a ban hammer?
 18:51:49 - *DEAD* [Ridah] I just joined you ingrate
 18:51:55 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: Yes or no
 18:51:58 - *DEAD* [Ridah] How the fuck would I have known

18:55:27 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player Attila_the_kitty.
 18:55:29 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: No cav

19:00:37 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Slayed Player henry_the_hen_fucker.
 19:00:39 - *Admin*[USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon]: No cav

I'm going to make this clear, if you do not want players to use cav, then adjust the settings in the class limits or reconfigure the map itself with tired's assistance to disable cav. As for the problem, with class limits, we'll get to that in a moment. However, this is simply unacceptable behavior and despite it being a minievent, you do not have the authority to slay/ban players simply for not playing by your demands. If I see this garbage again from any admin, we are going to have a very big problem that I will definitely fix.

Now then, the problem with the class limits.

18:47:42 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Set the class limit for Horsemen to 1 % of the team.
 18:47:44 - [SERVER]: USMC_Sgt_Ze_Mormon Set the class limit for Non-Armoured Heavy Cavalry to 1 % of the Horsemen.

Let's put it this way, 1% means 1% of the player population can be cavalry, if you want no one to be cav, set it to 0% it is best if you manually type the specified number.

I'm going to comment on the class limits. Setting it to 1% was not the issue. Originally, it was set to 0%. The issue that Crunchy and I finally found, was that the "Min players to enable class limits" was changed to 101. The server doesn't even have 101 slots, so we set it down to 5, and fixed the issue. It wasn't because the cavalry was set to 1%. (Nice fail pic though) P.S. I did ask tired, he had no idea.

As for the slaying, I'm deeply troubled and will make sure that won't happen ever again. Now that -some- of us newer admins know how to fix that, I hope that this problem won't be repeated. But, I am still glad to have had 70-90 players have a great time playing while having a fair challenge on the arena map, as they voted for it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:16:09 pm by Officer_Shadow »
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - President Reagan

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SIR_PENIS
« Reply #1431 on: July 12, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
Hello,

Just the other day I submitted an admin application on this thread. However, I was also wondering if you can edit this thread to show all current admins on this server (and their IGN)? That would be great, thanks.

edit/ Also if there is a way to request maps, that would be nice too
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:33:55 pm by FeatherSton3 »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #1432 on: July 12, 2016, 09:39:47 pm »
Hello,

Just the other day I submitted an admin application on this thread. However, I was also wondering if you can edit this thread to show all current admins on this server (and their IGN)? That would be great, thanks.

You can find us by joining the BBG BotSurvival Steam Group unless it's not updated.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:25 pm »
Hello,

You can find us by joining the BBG BotSurvival Steam Group unless it's not updated.
It's not updated, and why does one need to know who all the admins are? I finally have a super secret master list I compiled. I had to research into the depths of the caverns of NW archives to find them all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 12, 2016, 10:11:56 pm »
It's not updated, and why does one need to know who all the admins are? I finally have a super secret master list I compiled. I had to research into the depths of the caverns of NW archives to find them all.

Well, I would like to get to know the admins if I'm applying for the position. Also, I think it would be helpful for public players to have a list so they know who they can contact if there is a rulebreaker

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
You want to go to the 1st page here. Let's see the admins are Commissar JDF, Knights Dankest, AK3120, Alpha, King Mitchell. Yup that sounds about right, they are all fully involved and active admins

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 12, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »
You want to go to the 1st page here. Let's see the admins are Commissar JDF, Knights Dankest, AK3120, Alpha, King Mitchell. Yup that sounds about right, they are all fully involved and active admins
I know about the first page. Just thought there were more and that wasn't updated. Be it that their in-game names are not the same as Steam.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 12, 2016, 10:24:39 pm »
I know about the first page. Just thought there were more and that wasn't updated. Be it that their in-game names are not the same as Steam.
Let's see, Commissar JDF is the same, Knights Dankest would be the same maybe, AK3120 is the same, Alpha is actually Magic, King Mitchell is Mitchell

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 12, 2016, 10:25:03 pm »
You should add Knight's Dankest on steam and ask him about an admin app

Offline [BBG] Alpha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 12, 2016, 10:43:58 pm »
Let's see, Commissar JDF is the same, Knights Dankest would be the same maybe, AK3120 is the same, Alpha is actually Magic, King Mitchell is Mitchell

I would like to make a note about one of the current staff members- Magic. Several days ago, near the end of a round I was playing fun on the serv by spamming explosives. Now I found out soon after that this was not allowed and a simple rule reminder of a remark of such by Magic would have sufficed. However Magic proceeded to call me a "retard" and, when I made an effort to correct how calling someone as one is inappropriate, Magic  responded with "well do I sound like a politically correct bitch?". Both the "retard" calling, and the response are completely immature, insensitive and generally uncalled for. If one of my admins on my server made that remark I would have forced an administrative leave on that person immediately. I have a family member that is clinically diagnosed and unfortunately, she would be very disappointed to hear the condition being used in such an inappropriate scenario. I would like to request that other fellow admins review their decision to let Magic into your team.

pretty much similar in calibre to what Magic said to me.

I mean... no personal bad feelings towards Magic, but it makes him (Im assuming?) look really bad and makes others question the admin's position.

Thanks for reading.

Magic is a head admin who handles approving and denying admin applications, as for that particular incident, we at BBG Botsurvival do apologize for his behavior and will have a chat with him about how he conducts interpersonal communications with the community.

*innocent smile slowly turns into a sinister grin*
It does not matter if you are the happiest person.. An unfortunate weeper.. A powerful beast.. Or a terrifying creature.

We are all equal, in the eyes of the Reaper.