Author Topic: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming  (Read 275052 times)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Re: Bot Survival NA - Sponsored with Quantum Impulse Gaming
« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2016, 04:05:46 am »
May an admin come to BBG_BotSurvival_NA? We have TNT and buildpoint trolls.

screenshots and evidence will help out, post a ban request
click here to join the 84th

Offline Nr9_Toki

• Private
  • What if the MG42 was invented in the 1800's?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: HMKingGeorgeIII
« Reply #646 on: January 18, 2016, 04:17:42 am »
Someone on the server has the screenshots.
lol'd i rule dem soldats all dayyyyy

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #647 on: January 18, 2016, 04:23:09 am »
Nickname: Anakin_Groundrunner
GUID:
Steam:joemama77
How active can you be?: couple days a week (3 or 4)
Current Regiment/Clan: none
Admin experience: none
Why do you want this role?: I play this server a lot, I try to be courteous to others and have fun, and I feel like I could better ensure the same fun experience to others as an admin. I like the server and want to help keep it running smooth

Denied, reasoning in the spoiler.
warning racial slurs are included
17:06:08 - [Anakin_Groundrunner] settle down ni**ers, stop spamming 
17:08:38 - *DEAD* [Anakin_Groundrunner] too many ni**ers/trolls on this server
17:09:46 - *SPEC* [Anakin_Groundrunner] 1 or ur a ni**er
17:12:21 - [Anakin_Groundrunner] NI**ER SPOTTED 
17:29:55 - *DEAD* [Anakin_Groundrunner] fuck off spam ni**ers
[close]

Your GUID is 1360158. You've also been banned. Feel free to apply for an unban request. Good luck
click here to join the 84th

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #648 on: January 18, 2016, 04:37:21 am »
"I try to be courteous with others"

And this, gentlemen, is why we take our time on selecting new admins
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Lord Alistair

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 18, 2016, 04:42:36 am »
He beat my record.  I got 6 days for 2 ni**ers and 1 ni**erino. I wonder how long he'll get.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:45:37 am by Lord Alistair »

Offline Nr9_Toki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 18, 2016, 04:45:41 am »
Gg. I do believe I haven't ever been bad in a server. I only got kicked once and that was earlier, cause someone named themselves Toki_Kotakii and poll'd to kick me.

Offline Lord Alistair

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 18, 2016, 04:54:05 am »
Anakin, you were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the trolls, not join them. You were to bring balance to the server, not leave it in darkness!

Offline Nr9_Toki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 18, 2016, 04:57:02 am »
So much for a chosen one.

Offline Nr9_Toki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 18, 2016, 05:14:08 am »

Offline Fabulouss

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 18, 2016, 06:22:36 am »
Unban Request for 32nd_Pte_Fabulouss :
Name: STEVE(KONIG)
Offense: I do not know exactly. I disconnected to cook food for me and my GF, came back after dinner and found out I was banned. Im guessing its probably due to the chat spam, but honestly we were just having fun.
Why should you be unbanned? To be quite frank with you, cause I'm an avid player. Even considered applying for admin here now that the one i'm currently on is dead. Again the spamming wasnt intentional and you gotta admit that when you unfortunately get killed in the first few seconds of the game dead chat gets kind of boring. Im also an administrator of a NW serv and OWN AND OPERATE a serv myself, LINK: unturned-servers.net/server/43098/ (just to provide a bit of credibility)
User ID #: 429470
Time/Date: Again IDK I was never told the exact reason, but Im guessing it happened around 5PM CST, 2016/1/17

Also, unrelated to my unban request, I have several comments I would like to make note of

Server related. A lot of NW servs nowadays seems to have long maintainance downtimes and uptime issues due to DOS and DDOS attacks. As a serv owner myself I would like to make recommendations. First of all, if you are running your serv on a local machine, I'd advise you switch to remote as soon as possible. The reason behind this is that, in Layman's terms, Local hosts must have a disabled firewall to send and receive data in a public ip. This exposes the serv IP for a DOS attack. This problem is especially serious if you are using your internet in an apartment of building complex as a DOS attack in that case can affect the ISP's entire network and obstruction of business means they can actually sue you (at least, in US law). So yeah..... it can actually get very serious.

If you are already hosting this serv remotely, that is great. Here is where my recommendations come in. I would recommend using Amazon EC2 for remote hosting as much as possible. They are  bit expensive, but they have very enhanced and advanced filters which can pretty much block most attacks. I use Amazon EC2 for both my Unturned and Mincecraft server (started as local host from my spare laptop, then got DDOSed 3 times... :(  ) and so far, no attacks. Another great service is Nuclear Fallout Server (www.nfoservers.com)

I would like to make a note about one of the current staff members- Magic. Several days ago, near the end of a round I was playing fun on the serv by spamming explosives. Now I found out soon after that this was not allowed and a simple rule reminder of a remark of such by Magic would have sufficed. However Magic proceeded to call me a "retard" and, when I made an effort to correct how calling someone as one is inappropriate, Magic  responded with "well do I sound like a politically correct bitch?". Both the "retard" calling, and the response are completely immature, insensitive and generally uncalled for. If one of my admins on my server made that remark I would have forced an administrative leave on that person immediately. I have a family member that is clinically diagnosed and unfortunately, she would be very disappointed to hear the condition being used in such an inappropriate scenario. I would like to request that other fellow admins review their decision to let Magic into your team.

Spoiler
Nickname: Anakin_Groundrunner
GUID:
Steam:joemama77
How active can you be?: couple days a week (3 or 4)
Current Regiment/Clan: none
Admin experience: none
Why do you want this role?: I play this server a lot, I try to be courteous to others and have fun, and I feel like I could better ensure the same fun experience to others as an admin. I like the server and want to help keep it running smooth

Denied, reasoning in the spoiler.
warning racial slurs are included
17:06:08 - [Anakin_Groundrunner] settle down ni**ers, stop spamming 
17:08:38 - *DEAD* [Anakin_Groundrunner] too many ni**ers/trolls on this server
17:09:46 - *SPEC* [Anakin_Groundrunner] 1 or ur a ni**er
17:12:21 - [Anakin_Groundrunner] NI**ER SPOTTED 
17:29:55 - *DEAD* [Anakin_Groundrunner] fuck off spam ni**ers
[close]

Your GUID is 1360158. You've also been banned. Feel free to apply for an unban request. Good luck
[close]
pretty much similar in calibre to what Magic said to me.

I mean... no personal bad feelings towards Magic, but it makes him (Im assuming?) look really bad and makes others question the admin's position.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:41:45 am by Fabulouss »

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2016, 06:27:37 am »
Spoiler
Offense: I do not know exactly. I disconnected to cook food for me and my GF, came back after dinner and found out I was banned. Im guessing its probably due to the chat spam, but honestly we were just having fun.
Why should you be unbanned? To be quite frank with you, cause I'm an avid player. Again the spamming wasnt intentional and you gotta admit that when you unfortunately get killed in the first few seconds of the game dead chat gets kind of boring. Im also an administrator of a NW serv and OWN AND OPERATE a serv myself, LINK: unturned-servers.net/server/43098/ (just to provide a bit of credibility)
Time/Date: Again IDK I was never told the exact reason, but Im guessing it happened around 5PM CST, 2016/1/17

Also, unrelated to my unban request, I have several comments I would like to make note of

Server related. A lot of NW servs nowadays seems to have long maintainance downtimes and uptime issues due to DOS and DDOS attacks. As a serv owner myself I would like to make recommendations. First of all, if you are running your serv on a local machine, I'd advise you switch to remote as soon as possible. The reason behind this is that, in Layman's terms, Local hosts must have a disabled firewall to send and receive data in a public ip. This exposes the serv IP for a DOS attack. This problem is especially serious if you are using your internet in an apartment of building complex as a DOS attack in that case can affect the ISP's entire network and obstruction of business means they can actually sue you (at least, in US law). So yeah..... it can actually get very serious.

If you are already hosting this serv remotely, that is great. Here is where my recommendations come in. I would recommend using Amazon EC2 for remote hosting as much as possible. They are  bit expensive, but they have very enhanced and advanced filters which can pretty much block most attacks. I use Amazon EC2 for both my Unturned and Mincecraft server (started as local host from my spare laptop, then got DDOSed 3 times... :(  ) and so far, no attacks. Another great service is Nuclear Fallout Server (www.nfoserver.com)

I would like to make a note about one of the current staff members- Magic. Several days ago, near the end of a round I was playing fun on the serv by spamming explosives. Now I found out soon after that this was not allowed and a simple rule reminder of a remark of such by Magic would have sufficed. However Magic proceeded to call me a "retard" and, when I made an effort to correct how calling someone as one is inappropriate, Magic  responded with "well do I sound like a politically correct bitch?". Both the "retard" calling, and the response are completely immature, insensitive and generally uncalled for. If one of my admins on my server made that remark I would have forced an administrative leave on that person immediately. I have a family member that is clinically diagnosed and unfortunately, she would be very disappointed to hear the condition being used in such an inappropriate scenario. I would like to request that other fellow admins review their decision to let Magic into your team.
[close]

k thx

We don't host this server on a local machine. We've been sponsored with three servers for the past 3 years, thank you for your consideration regarding our servers.

Offline Fabulouss

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 18, 2016, 07:28:58 am »
Thank you for the answer. With all due respect I would like some sort of closure for the other two issues at hand.

Offline Lord Alistair

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 18, 2016, 07:31:44 am »
I agree that Magic is not fit to be an admin. I've had the misfortune of being on the server at the same time as him, and he's been a disrespectful entitled prick every time.

Offline [BBG] Alpha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2016, 07:34:21 am »
Why should you be unbanned? To be quite frank with you, cause I'm an avid player. Even considered applying for admin here now that the one i'm currently on is dead. Again the spamming wasnt intentional and you gotta admit that when you unfortunately get killed in the first few seconds of the game dead chat gets kind of boring. Im also an administrator of a NW serv and OWN AND OPERATE a serv myself, LINK: unturned-servers.net/server/43098/ (just to provide a bit of credibility)

Basically it was the chat spam, you logged onto three different character names repeating the same offense. The admin who handled your ban actually went out of their way to ban two of your names it seems, KIMCHI_WARRIOR_Sally and Dokudoku - though your regiment tag was left alone it seems.

Be sure to bump the thread on the 21st to be unbanned.

I mean... no personal bad feelings towards Magic, but it makes him (Im assuming?) look really bad and makes others question the admin's position.

Thanks for reading.

Magic is a head admin who handles approving and denying admin applications, as for that particular incident, we at BBG Botsurvival do apologize for his behavior and will have a chat with him about how he conducts interpersonal communications with the community.
It does not matter if you are the happiest person.. An unfortunate weeper.. A powerful beast.. Or a terrifying creature.

We are all equal, in the eyes of the Reaper.

Offline Bakon

• First Sergeant
  • Trust me, I'm from New Jersey!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMO_Capt_Bakon
« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2016, 07:43:12 am »

Basically it was the chat spam, you logged onto three different character names repeating the same offense. The admin who handled your ban actually went out of their way to ban two of your names it seems, KIMCHI_WARRIOR_Sally and Dokudoku - though your regiment tag was left alone it seems.

Be sure to bump the thread on the 21st to be unbanned.

Thanks for reading.

Magic is a head admin who handles approving and denying admin applications, as for that particular incident, we at BBG Botsurvival do apologize for his behavior and will have a chat with him about how he conducts interpersonal communications with the community.
In other news Magic has agree to step down as an admin and has had his powers revoked. All hail new Head admins Bakon, Ak3120 and BBG_Alpha!
Current Regiment(s): 1st Missouri Regiment [BCoF] (Capt) #BBGMYCREW
Past Regiments: 3rdBrig,1st(Corporal), 65th (SgtMaj), 49e (Major), 5thVA [N&S] (Pvt), 5thMO [N&S] (PFC), FFL [B&I] (PFC) United States Marine Corps (Captain)