Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 315866 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1065 on: July 07, 2015, 08:44:00 pm »
1 have you made the material have a alpha channel? 2nd have you made sure the name is linked correctly, eg plume_texture_1 is consistent within the material not Plumetexture_1, it's an easy mistake. OR you've not moved the texture in the right spot, i've done it XD you make it and save it in downloads and not Nap Wars  ::)

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1066 on: July 08, 2015, 09:11:50 pm »
1 have you made the material have a alpha channel? 2nd have you made sure the name is linked correctly, eg plume_texture_1 is consistent within the material not Plumetexture_1, it's an easy mistake. OR you've not moved the texture in the right spot, i've done it XD you make it and save it in downloads and not Nap Wars  ::)

What do you mean by alpha channel on material?

Can I not make another plume texture?

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 08, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »

Can I not make another plume texture? ofc you can

The alpha channel is like a cookie cutter, it takes the textures shape and cuts around it leaving a Png image ingame. Let me get some screenies.

Spoiler
[close]
The black is the part not shown. Pink is shown.

make sure your new texture has the right flags, check the old plume material flags and give that new plume texture the same (copy and paste) then it should been transparent around the edges. KEEP IN MIND the alpha channels in this suck they WILL leave a black edge, a way to make it look better (ish) is to 1, give the texture a black outline before hand 2, give it a bump map which helps with edges.

The Alpha channel texture is premade you dont need to make it, once the flags are changed. GL

Offline Bamse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar SCoH, 16e Hussard Cpt.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Lt_Bamse
« Reply #1068 on: July 08, 2015, 11:47:20 pm »
I have a question about uploading a skin to the Steam Workshop.

I have done many skins and i have thought about uploading them to the Steam Workshop.

Is there any way to do so? and im only talking about skins now, not an entire module.

Current: 16e Regiment de Hussards - Lieutenant Bamse
Past Regiments: 15th Hussars - Staff Corporal of Horse | K1. Kungliga Livgardet Till Häst

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #1069 on: July 08, 2015, 11:57:52 pm »
Yes

If you want to remove the hats from British_hats.brf and place them in the ummm british_uniforms.brf you will need to roto them likeeeeee   https://i.gyazo.com/6cbdf536f9f09d212b5ef4c15ca6693b.png

you'll have to keep checking but place it/move it to the where you want the hat to be, make sure it's named the same as the unit e.g 33rd_Ranker.1 not just 33rd_shako. GL

An easier way is to right click on the mesh, and select "mount on one bone" then choose the bone "head" and it will rig the hat on the head bone. No need to fiddle about with roto-translate-rescale :P
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:20 am »
Yes

If you want to remove the hats from British_hats.brf and place them in the ummm british_uniforms.brf you will need to roto them likeeeeee   https://i.gyazo.com/6cbdf536f9f09d212b5ef4c15ca6693b.png

you'll have to keep checking but place it/move it to the where you want the hat to be, make sure it's named the same as the unit e.g 33rd_Ranker.1 not just 33rd_shako. GL

An easier way is to right click on the mesh, and select "mount on one bone" then choose the bone "head" and it will rig the hat on the head bone. No need to fiddle about with roto-translate-rescale :P

cheeky, I know of this but it's better to get in the habbit of knowing the roto scales for placing shit in the future for new people.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #1071 on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:31 am »
cheeky, I know of this but it's better to get in the habbit of knowing the roto scales for placing shit in the future for new people.

True XD ahhh the early days when I'd spend hours trying to roto-trans something into position... now I'm lazy and just use Blender
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 09, 2015, 12:27:50 am »

True XD ahhh the early days when I'd spend hours trying to roto-trans something into position... now I'm lazy and just use Blender

Spoiler
[close]

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 09, 2015, 07:30:18 pm »

Can I not make another plume texture? ofc you can

The alpha channel is like a cookie cutter, it takes the textures shape and cuts around it leaving a Png image ingame. Let me get some screenies.

Spoiler
[close]
The black is the part not shown. Pink is shown.

make sure your new texture has the right flags, check the old plume material flags and give that new plume texture the same (copy and paste) then it should been transparent around the edges. KEEP IN MIND the alpha channels in this suck they WILL leave a black edge, a way to make it look better (ish) is to 1, give the texture a black outline before hand 2, give it a bump map which helps with edges.

The Alpha channel texture is premade you dont need to make it, once the flags are changed. GL

Ah, thank you, that worked.

But when I look down at the hat from upwards it turns invisible. Sorry to bother you further.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 09, 2015, 08:03:40 pm »
That's just because the models thin...

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 09, 2015, 08:37:58 pm »

Oh, okay  ;D

EDIT: I actually don't think that is the problem. I re-textured another plume but for some reason this one is see-through. The other one doesn't disappear.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:44:15 pm by RedcoatOfEngland »

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 09, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »

Oh, okay  ;D

EDIT: I actually don't think that is the problem. I re-textured another plume but for some reason this one is see-through. The other one doesn't disappear.

you not have placed the texture correctly as the Alpha will only see the texture and the rest will be invisible.

Offline Pushok

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pushok
« Reply #1077 on: July 09, 2015, 11:07:40 pm »
Guys, does anyone know, how do I change Simbirsky regiment pants? I want them to use my texture, but the problem is that musketeer pants mesh is used by all regiments for Russian Empire, when I want to change them only for Simbirsky-ies. It has to done somewhere in scripts, but I do not have any idea what I have to change. Any help, pls?

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 10, 2015, 12:50:08 am »
Guys, does anyone know, how do I change Simbirsky regiment pants? I want them to use my texture, but the problem is that musketeer pants mesh is used by all regiments for Russian Empire, when I want to change them only for Simbirsky-ies. It has to done somewhere in scripts, but I do not have any idea what I have to change. Any help, pls?
Use openBRF, you can assign custom materials to individual models like pants. Most likely it is not done in scripts but troops file in the source code.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Pushok

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pushok
« Reply #1079 on: July 10, 2015, 01:29:50 am »
Use openBRF, you can assign custom materials to individual models like pants. Most likely it is not done in scripts but troops file in the source code.
All inf classes(line, grenadiers and guard) for Russia use the same pants mesh. And I don't have any idea how to "personalise" them pants(