Poll

Will you play on Human vs. Bots Rebirth?

Yes
17 (38.6%)
No
27 (61.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Boycott of the 15th Humans vs Bots [VICTORY!]  (Read 40755 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Boycott of the 15th Humans vs Bots [VICTORY!]
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:17:18 am »
First i would just like to point out that this thread is not about hating on the 15th or any one person in particular. This is simply a constructive criticism of the server as well as a public response to the problem. On this thread, we intend to follow the forum rules exactly and know that this is not a rant against the 15th. If i find that this thread does not abide to forum policy due to my misunderstanding of my own interpretation of the rules, then i will edit or lock the thread. I ask that everyone who posts on this thread also follow the forum rules.

From the forum rules:
Spoiler
Please do not rant and rave
Please do not create a hate filled thread or post that serves only to stir up popular sentiments against a user, policy or product  in a pitchfork and torch fashion. If possible please keep all criticism constructive and non-abusive to enable everyone to focus on the problem rather than the hatred it has generated. Thank you! 
[close]

So first off, if you have never been to the 15th Humans vs Bots, here are a couple things about it. Currently it is the most popular Humans vs Bots server on NW, the alternatives are limited. Humans vs Bots is where the humans face off in a siege type battle against a horde of AI bots, it can create a rather enjoyable experience. Often the 15th HvB will have 100+ players on their server regularly.

So you might be asking yourself, "Well what's the problem then?"

The problem is that as i said, the alternatives are limited. Several HvB servers have been tried and failed and none can match the 15th HvB. This would be fine and dandy had it not been for one major problem. The 15th have a problem with banning their players.

"Why should i listen to you? Weren't you banned?"

Yes, i was banned. But also know that my credentials should be irrelevant as this is a public response, not a personal one and will be edited accordingly based on public input. I may have at times broken rules in the past on a few servers and know that i apologize for that.

"What is so bad about the server?"

Well to be honest, most of the time the server is a fun and enjoyable experience. The primary issue with the server is their current banning policy which is "UNBANS WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" as they say on their thread. So if you mess up and get perm banned, there is no going back to this server, ever. It does not matter how sorry you are or how much you have changed since then or how long it has been since you were given the ban. You are never getting back on that server, ever again unless you buy a new CD key which costs money which not everyone has.

"Well, what do you want to change?"

I want 1 of 2 things to happen, preferably both.
1. 15th HvB changes their banning policy to allow unban requests
2. More HvB servers become more populated so that they would be as enjoyable as 15th HvB
The goal of this thread is to enlighten people of the 15th HvB server from the perspective of an average player. It is then to find alternatives to the 15th Humans vs Bots server to create a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Obviously the 15th have no obligation to follow this thread and it becomes their decision on how they wish to respond. Maybe the 15th will never change their policy, that is fine by me but there should at least be an alternative that is just as enjoyable.

Thank you,
-GlukTheWalrus

Update 1:
Everyone check out 30th Humans vs Bots :D Cool guys, much respect
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=22853.0

Update 2:
First poll result, out of 99 votes, 84 voters want something different.

Should the 15th HvB change their banning policy?
46 (46.5%)Yes
15 (15.2%)No
38 (38.4%)We should play on another server instead

Update 3:
Check out the new server, Human vs. Bots Rebirth!

Update 4:
Second poll result!

Will you pledge to stop playing on 15th Humans vs Bots until they change their banning policy?
76 (55.9%)Yes
27 (19.9%)No
33 (24.3%)We should play on another server instead

Update 5:
Rebirth has passed 15thHvB HURRAH!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:10:41 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Boycott of the 15th Humans vs Bots
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:18 am »
I agree. A ban for life is harsh...

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:50:00 am »
I agree with you on the banning policy but if I'm completely honest I've never understood the appeal of HvB servers and one thing I don't want to see is more of them stealing players away from PVP servers.

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
I agree with you  :)
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:29:12 pm »
Thanks for the comment about us  8) our server should be back up soon ; it was getting ddos'd

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »
lol gluk the rage is real

Temp banned 30 seconds after joining server on bots side with no warning. There were over 5 on bots already who weren't being kicked and over 90 on humans, giving them a  pretty ridiculous advantage already. Pls tell admins to communicate before abusing their powers.

You didn't read the Game Rules? It has the warning there, so you did have a warning.
Are you going to respond to my later comment?

Not in anyway you'd like. Your ID will still remained banned. Like everyone else.

Now if you want to play again, take advantage of sales. Others have done it. If you don't that's fine but that is the true 2nd, 3rd, etc chance(s) for people.
Wow dude, you're basically saying i can either buy a whole fucking new NW or i could go fuck myself. I don't have money to buy a new NW just so i can play your fucking server. You see my mom is almost bankrupt because she had an unexpected surgery, you see the US doesn't have free healthcare like the UK. It's possible we might lose our fucking house and you have the balls to tell me to buy a new CD key to play ON YOUR FUCKING SERVER??? I'm sorry that i just don't have the god damn luxury to buy on a new CD key so i can play on your shity ass server.

I hope you know that you're a fucking asshole.
<3

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »
That was my personal response, i was a bit angry last night :3

AeroNinja

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 05:38:46 pm »
I agree with you Gluk. Always being banned, no one deserves that.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:01:21 pm »
Honestly, I'm glad the 15th have the balls to do that. Personally I have had enough of people getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances when they just don't get the rules and code of conduct. It's a good lesson to learn, that breaking the rules comes with punishment. Besides, unless you personally pay for the server, it is not up to you who they ban and unban. Honestly, if I hosted a server I would ban people on sight just for there names, because it becomes my property, and some people I wouldn't want on my property.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »
Who wants to play against Bots anyway?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »
Honestly, I'm glad the 15th have the balls to do that. Personally I have had enough of people getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances when they just don't get the rules and code of conduct. It's a good lesson to learn, that breaking the rules comes with punishment. Besides, unless you personally pay for the server, it is not up to you who they ban and unban. Honestly, if I hosted a server I would ban people on sight just for there names, because it becomes my property, and some people I wouldn't want on my property.
Normally I'd agree but what if you're new to the game there is a time we all were once, and they ban people for being in certain regiments, how's that breaking the conduct. :P
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »
Have you ever been in melee during a linebattle when someone chambers two people at the same time? Have you ever seen a 1v10 in which the 1 man kills all 10 players?

Let me tell you. they train on the Groupfighting Server!

With active admins, a 24/7 server up-time, and loads of great rules for you to follow - lest you be slain - there is really no reason why you should not pay a visit to the Groupfighting Server!

Become what you were born to be. Train on the Groupfighting Server.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »
Have you ever been in melee during a linebattle when someone chambers two people at the same time? Have you ever seen a 1v10 in which the 1 man kills all 10 players?

Let me tell you. they train on the Groupfighting Server!

With active admins, a 24/7 server up-time, and loads of great rules for you to follow - lest you be slain - there is really no reason why you should not pay a visit to the Groupfighting Server!

Become what you were born to be. Train on the Groupfighting Server.
Shit server.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 06:21:22 pm »
Normally I'd agree but what if you're new to the game there is a time we all were once, and they ban people for being in certain regiments, how's that breaking the conduct. :P
If Betty banned you from her server, would you be mad? Ofc not, because Betty pays for it. It's the same with the 15th - they PAY MONEY for the ability to ban people. Hence, they can ban whoever they want. Shit talk thier server all you want, don't even go on it, I don't go on it at all, but it's a popular server, so it seems they do SOMETHING right.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »
I agree with this idea, the 15th are just not nice

Please refrain from insults. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:59:13 am by Thunderstormer »