Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Battle Championship [NWBC]  (Read 41963 times)

Offline Dukey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWBC Official Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2015, 09:32:37 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLe_0hMgNig[/youtube]
Stream from the match :)

Offline Tim

• Sergeant Major
  • Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:13 pm »
The 59th is looking for cavalry, and another line company to team with. :) We have arty and a line already.

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2015, 09:34:52 pm »
The 59th is looking for cavalry, and another line company to team with. :) We have arty and a line already.
Not yet your not, depends if the 16e can't field their coalition, which they are expected to currently.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2015, 09:54:34 pm »
Btw the 47th regiment is on the Triangle Coalition, they inscribed at last moment this sunday. Just letting you all know, seems like someone got a bad surprise this evening xP
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Velociraptor

• Major
  • Vive la France, vive la cavalerie
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex-General Ve corps/ Ex-7eHuss
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
 First I would like to thank, everyone for setting up this event. We are grateful to the admin team; Also we would like to congratulate the Triangle Coalition for their very good match. It was a tight game and you won the 2 rounds. However they were many rules that were just announced during the event itself, and some of them were in conflict with the ones written on the topic. We assumed that the ones wrote on the topic were the event rules and we were really dissapointed during the event because these rules were not respected. Here is some problems that we noticed :

1. The event was meant to start at 19.30 CET, but it started with more than 20 min. of delay. Even if we excuse some delay, after some much time people were starting to leave the server.
2. The 47th wasn't on the official roster of the Triangle Coalition but played the event. It's not so fair play because we were not prepared to fight against them.
3. In general rules it's written that the match is played in 3 rounds and that the winner is the best of three. At the beginning of the event, you announced that it will be a best at three, and at the end of the second round (2-0 for Triangle Coalition), you announced that it was a best of three. Anyway, we didn't even play 3 rounds, we just played 2.
4. The rule of FIC for the artillery guards was not written in the FSE thread, as well as the rules regarding fire in charge for the light (it was only clear for the skirmishers). Aswell we didn't really had the time to prepare in good conditions.

We don't think that these irregularities set a good example for the upcoming matches. Therefore I would like to suggest to our dear friends from the Triangle Coalition to play the match again, this time in respect with the rules that would be communicated before the event. It would be a great disappointment for us if we can't agree on this but we respect your choice.

We also would like to inform the admin team that we will only take part in our upcoming matches if the rules are respected. If not, then we would consider leaving this tournament.

However, I hope that we will find an agreement. Thank you again for the tournament and congratulations to the Triangle Coalition.

Screenshots :

Spoiler

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:45:50 pm by Velociraptor »

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:54 pm »
M8, best of 3 (Bo3) is not first to 3. The team that wins 2 rounds wins the match.
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Thorvic

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2015, 10:54:58 pm »
If i can add something to this complaint, you slayed someone in our team for FiC. BUT this person was playing as light (in the 7eFlq), and as FiC is not forbidden on your FSE thread, to conclude you didn't have to slay this player for following the rules.

M8, best of 3 (Bo3) is not first to 3. The team that wins 2 rounds wins the match.

Ok it was written on the FSE thread. But check what Fish (the main organizer of the event) announced at the beginning of the event :

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »
And on fse about fic is, that the AG are fighting like skirms. Look at the skirms rules.

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:03 pm »
Right.
The event was meant to start an hour later; i was not prepared at all for this, as i had been told it was planned for 20:00 GMT +1. but some people obviously can't comprehend Daylight Savings... Because of this the match had a delay in starting.

2. The 47th were not listed, but i was informed about them, they are a legitimate part of the Triangle coalition. the only reason you are complaining about this is to knit pick and try and win next time... It does not matter about who you fight in that regard.

3 The general rule says you play best of 3. Amittedly i did say first too 3, but that was a cock up on my end and i admit that. I don't see why your moaning about it though, did you seriously expect to clutch when you were two zero down

4 Again Fire in charge for light and Arty guard was an issue on my end, it was ill defined, i will address it in the next few days, but after i had slayed a player for it and stated in pink chat it was not allowed, i would've thought you'd have realized it...

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:25 pm »
If i can add something to this complaint, you slayed someone in our team for FiC. BUT this person was playing as light (in the 7eFlq), and as FiC is not forbidden on your FSE thread, to conclude you didn't have to slay this player for following the rules.

Ok it was written on the FSE thread. But check what Fish (the main organizer of the event) announced at the beginning of the event :

Then my apologies. I think fish had made a mistake.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:02:25 pm by KOBZIK »

Offline Thorvic

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »
4 Again Fire in charge for light and Arty guard was an issue on my end, it was ill defined, i will address it in the next few days, but after i had slayed a player for it and stated in pink chat it was not allowed, i would've thought you'd have realized it...

As i mentioned, you slayed a guy in our side because he got slay by yourself. Next time if you don't want to see light infantry FiC, mention it clearly "FiC is forbidden for lights, but allowed for skirmishers"

-> On your thread, you wrote that skirmishers are allowed to FIC, and you did not wrote any rules about FIC for the light infantries. If there is no restrictions on something, we should consider that it is not forbidden. Just indicate it clearly before taking any punishment on a live match.

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:06 pm »
banter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Jack

• First Lieutenant
  • Honneur et Fidélité
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2015, 12:04:00 am »
In my opinion, and I'm not speaking for my corps, I would like to see the admins simply appologize to both teams. That would show that you accept the mistakes and that you will try to correct it for the next time. I don't want to be rude but I haven't seen any message like this yet. That's the only thing that I ask, personally, and that would be nice from you :)
"For fangs I may have none but I have mind and it is sharper than any tooth."

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2015, 12:12:47 am »
Right.
The event was meant to start an hour later; i was not prepared at all for this, as i had been told it was planned for 20:00 GMT +1. but some people obviously can't comprehend Daylight Savings... Because of this the match had a delay in starting.

2. The 47th were not listed, but i was informed about them, they are a legitimate part of the Triangle coalition. the only reason you are complaining about this is to knit pick and try and win next time... It does not matter about who you fight in that regard.

3 The general rule says you play best of 3. Amittedly i did say first too 3, but that was a cock up on my end and i admit that. I don't see why your moaning about it though, did you seriously expect to clutch when you were two zero down

I'm pretty sure i apologised in the quoted post

Offline Thorvic

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:20 am »
I forgot also, just in my opinion, in any case, if the match had to be played as a Best of Three, i don't understand why the head admin staff and the opposite team did leave the server by saying the match is over by the score, gg, bb, et cetera..

In "Best of Three", there is the word "Three", which relates to the amount of rounds that needs to be played. We did play two rounds only, i personnally consider that behaviour towards us ; from the Triangle Coalition, BUT from the administrator staff too ; as a very disrespectful way to leave the server. You must admit this fact, in any case, the footage of the match may show it explicitly.