Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Battle Championship [NWBC]  (Read 41704 times)

Offline WolvenSpirit

• Private
  • Nothing's impossible.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: WolvenSpirit
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWBC Official Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2015, 11:25:36 pm »
Arty can officer aim?

It's almost impossible to "officer aim" its wether yes or no you hit a line, and sometimes you're lucky hitting a CO or NCO, but it can't be prevented really, i'd would make arty unplayable!
1 Shot, 1 Kill, No luck just Skill

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2015, 11:48:56 pm »
Arty can officer aim?
It's almost impossible to "officer aim" its wether yes or no you hit a line, and sometimes you're lucky hitting a CO or NCO, but it can't be prevented really, i'd would make arty unplayable!
Normally scouting officers are meant. Line is safe from arty and an officer is standing on the hill scouting, and now the arty can offiaim ;)
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2015, 12:27:33 am »
Just because i want to post something:

It was a really good battle between TFB and Ve.
I really liked to admin it,  and luckily we have found a good map shortly (not like an other match :P).

Too the topic of the all charge:
I admin the 2Lhr Events since a year or more. I did write all charge only, if it was artillery vs artillery, because that's lame for specators.
An all charge take the abillity of units who are better in shooting.
And i think this is a tactical competition, not a Melee event.
I do not complain that we lost the round just of that, but it taked our Artillery advantage away.

In love Swissy

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline WolvenSpirit

• Private
  • Nothing's impossible.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: WolvenSpirit
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2015, 09:44:03 am »
For the officer aiming: as long as I get to blast my balls without any rules, I'm fine with it ;P

And for the all charge:
I think an all charge should indeed be ordered when it's arty vs arty (it's really boring to watch, I know that).
But not when it's still 30 vs 30 with one side having arty, skirms and light, and the other one having arty, lines and cav. It's just unfair.
An all charge should be ordered when a battle comes at a standstill, aka, a 10 minute shootout between lights or arty. but not just after like 11 minutes.

P.S.
Anyone got a link yet? :D
1 Shot, 1 Kill, No luck just Skill

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2015, 09:58:27 am »
For the officer aiming: as long as I get to blast my balls without any rules, I'm fine with it ;P

And for the all charge:
I think an all charge should indeed be ordered when it's arty vs arty (it's really boring to watch, I know that).
But not when it's still 30 vs 30 with one side having arty, skirms and light, and the other one having arty, lines and cav. It's just unfair.
An all charge should be ordered when a battle comes at a standstill, aka, a 10 minute shootout between lights or arty. but not just after like 11 minutes.

P.S.
Pilophas surely recorded it :) And for the rules, lets just wait what Fish is going to publish today.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2015, 10:42:45 am »

And for the all charge:

P.S.
Pilophas surely recorded it :) And for the rules, lets just wait what Fish is going to publish today.
+1
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2015, 10:48:56 am »

And for the all charge:

P.S.
Pilophas surely recorded it :)
yes he did :D

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
  • Ubique
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2015, 12:29:51 pm »
    Just got up, getting to work on the rules while i eat breakfast/lunch
    Edit, all charge rules done
All Charge rules

• All Charges may only be called when the following criteria is met
                         - There is less than 15 people on each side
                         - The timer is past 45 minutes
                         - There is no cavalry alive on the battlefield
                         - The bulk of the remnant is line infantry, at least 7 infantrymen (not including artillery)
General rules added under cavalry
Generals may...
Scout for the Team
Take the General Class, and only the General Class
Must keep a good distance from enemy Units, not going right up and teasing them
Must not enagage unless with friendly cavalry, or dismounted with infantry

Also, i forgot to mention that due to the IVe the 2nd week has been extended to two weeks, i'm now considering making 2 week match days as standard, opinions?[/list]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:20:27 pm by Michael Fish »

Offline Czolo

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of 3pp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3pp_XW_Plk_Czolo
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2015, 01:57:55 pm »
Arty can officer aim?

I just remind arty cannons in NW have 100% accuracy. I felt it twice per 3 rounds yesterday....

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »
Arty can officer aim?

I just remind arty cannons in NW have 100% accuracy. I felt it twice per 3 rounds yesterday....
rekt xD
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Smollett

• Sergeant Major
  • 84th_Col_Smollett
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smollett
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:49 pm »
    Also, i forgot to mention that due to the IVe the 2nd week has been extended to two weeks, i'm now considering making 2 week match days as standard, opinions?[/list]

I think perhaps it's better to contain it to 1 week and if too many matches, i'd say atleast 2 (4 coalitions), couldn't find a date then extend it one week. If just 1 match didn't go through I think perhaps it's their own fault for not being flexible enough. In other words, you decide when an extra week is needed. Otherwise the tournament will go from the planned 9 week timeline, to over 20 weeks :P

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
    • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
      • View Profile
    « Reply #191 on: April 19, 2015, 06:27:01 pm »
    We arent added to the first post at the moment, but feel free to also ask us, if you need an adminteam.

Team 4:
    SSS - Sterben-ist-schrecklich-Front
    Spoiler
    Headadmin: Kanade Tachibana (Wüstenkrieger)
    Other Admins: Dario
    Chrossy
    Lucasa
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019708563
    [close]
    Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Lawford aka. Ninu

• Volunteer
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Lawford
    « Reply #192 on: April 20, 2015, 07:42:16 am »
    Anyone asked for a link of the Match , so : https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmTt0FqIjz9-Yk3ewAwJC7vL4u9qCcDcj&v=ovZTRczCe7M&index=1

It is recorded by the 2Lhr artillerie^^

Offline Michael Fish

• Major
    • Ubique
      • View Profile
    • Nick: 1stRHA_Col_Fish
    « Reply #193 on: April 27, 2015, 05:57:52 pm »
    Update: British army is of kill due to me taking a step back from NW and a few other reasons (no i didn't lead the BA)
    The Hispanic coalition has resigned from the NWBC, due to being all-round bitches (details will be provided over steam upon request)
    As such, all battles against them will result in a 2-0 Battle, this does apply retroactively to make it fair.
    http://challonge.com/NWBC
    Brackets for this week are play, ensure they are played by or on Sunday The 3rd of May

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Verm2 god
    « Reply #194 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:59 am »

Best melee combat in NWBC?
    padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
    padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
    #justice4padawan