Author Topic: [WPC] Twitch Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 676040 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Pinoy, Rafael and Dodge are good >_>
Well today proved that our individual skill couldn't carry us

Had to sorry

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
90% of regiments are best at sitting on hills.
Because we dont have good people flocking to our regiment for no reason so we cant just meet people on fair ground if we want to win. It's an actually tactic so gtfo.

Bait. kappa.
No one flocked to the 5th and we didnt sit on a hill?

gtfo.  ;)

Even Chan doesn't sit on a hill. Lol.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired Damien
It honestly makes no sense  why would u go and charge a regiment who's very good at melee  and who can probably beat us in melee all the time why charge head on when u can just shoot them it's like Austrian landwher charging the old guard lol why would u charge a very good regiment Why not just play defensively like for instance we charged PSG all the time in our match but they were using better defensive tactics so they beat us and deserved the win  idk why some people think it's bad that u use what u have to your advantage somehow
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:59:34 pm by FatherDamien »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
It honestly makes no sense  why would u go and charge a regiment who's very good at melee  and who can probably beat us in melee all the time why charge head on when u can just shoot them it's like Austrian landwher charging the old guard lol why would u charge a very good regiment Why not just play defensively like for instance we charged PSG all the time in our match but they were using better defensive tactics so they beat us and deserved the win  idk why some people think it's bad that u use what u have to your advantage somehow

Very true

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Suns

Tactically speaking, camping on the hill is more so of using the terrain. As stated by others, its only taking advantage of your surroundings. Nothing wrong with it.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
I was just going to write a few sentences but my leadership fedora took over. As a note this isn't really directed towards the PSG's play, but in general for any leader that needs to adopt a defensive(most call it hill camping) play style for a 1v1. The PSG had some great rounds that stumped me as a leader.

I've been on both sides, my regiment has been very very good at melee for a few months and then average/mediocre the next. I have experience successfully leading aggressively AND defensively. It is definitely much easier to lead a defensive regiment very wrong. Playing defensively is a lot harder as you need to get a few ranged kills before the enemy close in on you. On top of that with this few man advantage, you need to out maneuver your opponent and land a huge close range volley and force the enemy to charge. Your goal is to exploit your opponents aggressiveness. The defensive regiment needs to have melees heavily favored for themselves every single time.

Playing defensively is a real strategy although people won't like you for it. Its how the 3eVolt beat the 12th a long time ago, and more recently how the 63e was on top of the NA community for a few months. Id say the goals of a defensive leader should be:
  • Take a position with a good over-watch of the entire map. Ideally you want to be able to see the enemy regiment moving at all times if they are advancing on you.
  • Don't stop firing for anything until the enemy is getting close. And if possible, retreat further back.
  • Once they've closed the distance, you need a huge close range volley. I'm talking destroying half their line and you need to do so with minimal casualties. This is just up to the leader not letting himself get flanked.
  • Let them charge you, which eventually they will be forced to do if you're landing your shots

some other notes
  • Morale is important. Try your best to secure the first few rounds even if it means hill camping for 15 minutes until your enemy runs out of cover. You don't want to let your guys see just how hard they're going to get destroyed in a balanced melee. It's demoralizing
  • Tying into the note above, Momentum is pretty huge and leader tilt is a real thing (getting shot up constantly is frustrating). If you can get the enemy leader to start making mistakes it's just going uphill for you.
  • You need to adapt well and fast. If the enemy finds a path to advance while under cover, you need to re-position further back before they are close.
  • The hard truth: sometimes the win isn't going to happen. The map might not be conductive for defensive play, or maybe the enemy is simply too good. (I still remember my 9y 1v1, they would yolo charge from spawn and still 5v20 us) Make sure your guys are ok with the loss because one bad defeat can break apart a regiment.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral

Its looked down upon because as you said, why fight a regiment that is better than you on fair ground.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
Not hill camping doesn't mean directly charging.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile

Its looked down upon because as you said, why fight a regiment that is better than you on fair ground.

Its a linebattle, not groupfighting. Use the terrain to your advantage.
xD

Suns

^^

Offline FatherDamien

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired Damien

Offline cheeseypants

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Col_Cheeseypants
Sitting on a spawn hill and shooting the entire time a regiment marches over to you does you no good.

All that decides is whether or not you can win with a tremendous advantage.

You don't need to be better at melee to win a line battle, nor do you need to camp on the tallest hill you can find.
Leader of the 71st

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
However you win a linebattle shouldn't be looked down upon for the way you lead. Let me make a shitty CS:GO reference and say, it's like when people shame you for buying a P90 or something. Who cares, really?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Lawbringer

We have a 5 minute rule so

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
1v1 basics, kill the enemy.