Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup [NWWC|2015|GB 3 Time Winners]  (Read 247256 times)

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup [NWWC|2015]
« Reply #1260 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:36 am »
I must admit I'm happy to see that everyone is willing to play on french servers and not on german ones because during European Cups, playing on german servs was a pain in the arse, that we had to comply with in the name of equality. 'Cuz "frenchies playing on french server, not fair". Well, now you know :D
So, kinda following the general movement here, except on decision of an admin, all french team's matches will also be played on french servers :)

Well, you have to play with Russia and Poland and for them should be better play on the German servers, which are located more or less between France and East EU. So, logically, play these matches on German servers would be the right things to do. I found your imposition very selfish tbh, 'cause the main idea in having more servers is to grant a decent ping to almost all the teams. Anyway, if Russia, Norway and Poland don't want to play in the German servers there is no problem since all the Cpts agree on play on French servers, but it's a particular case and, generally speaking, you should permit them (or the other teams you will face) to play also in German servers, if it makes the ping of both nations more balanced.

Tournesol

« Reply #1261 on: March 11, 2015, 10:08:30 am »
I must admit I'm happy to see that everyone is willing to play on french servers and not on german ones because during European Cups, playing on german servs was a pain in the arse, that we had to comply with in the name of equality. 'Cuz "frenchies playing on french server, not fair". Well, now you know :D
So, kinda following the general movement here, except on decision of an admin, all french team's matches will also be played on french servers :)

Well, you have to play with Russia and Poland and for them should be better play on the German servers, which are located more or less between France and East EU. So, logically, play these matches on German servers would be the right things to do. I found your imposition very selfish tbh, 'cause the main idea in having more servers is to grant a decent ping to almost all the teams. Anyway, if Russia, Norway and Poland don't want to play in the German servers there is no problem since all the Cpts agree on play on French servers, but it's a particular case and, generally speaking, you should permit them (or the other teams you will face) to play also in German servers, if it makes the ping of both nations more balanced.
Just so everyones clear as I see Arctics name being mentioned quite a bit. Germany is a terrible location because of its infrastructure and the data controls in Germany. It forces you to go through so many nodes that its always going to be laggy unless your inside the country. This has been explained many times, nothing you can do about it for gaming purposes it just sucks, its not the actual hardware that we are using.

-Arctic

:-*

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:30 am »
Spoiler

Just so everyones clear as I see Arctics name being mentioned quite a bit. Germany is a terrible location because of its infrastructure and the data controls in Germany. It forces you to go through so many nodes that its always going to be laggy unless your inside the country. This has been explained many times, nothing you can do about it for gaming purposes it just sucks, its not the actual hardware that we are using.

-Arctic

:-*
[close]

So just decide if they are considered playable or not, if they are playable my reasoning is still valid, if they are not considered playable just shut them down and ask for a refund.
Btw Herishey and the other admin have to do it, not the Nations Cpts

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:34 am »

+1

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1264 on: March 11, 2015, 11:53:53 am »

-Arctic

That's all, any argument is absolutely pointless. German servers are not adapted, that's all. Norwegian players are closer to Germany than France, still they prefer French servers, why in the world would it be different for Polish and Russians ? I would have understood your will for fairness during the european cups where what Pride said hadn't been clarified. However now that it is, arguing on this is useless.

Furthermore, I am not trying to influence the admin on anything, just giving french point of view, because it's not only mine, but the team's here. At least except if Tardet decides to say shet again *freetaunt :P* That's also why I said "except on decision of the admin". I'm not imposing anything, just saying that if one wants to play against us on a german server, he'll need the admin's support, because it's now proven that there is no matter of fairness or equality, and that french servers are better for infrastructural reasons.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:06:29 pm by Lubukill »
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1265 on: March 11, 2015, 12:21:19 pm »

-Arctic

That's all, any argument is absolutely pointless. German servers are not adapted, that's all. Norwegian players are closer to Germany than France, still they prefer French servers, why in the world would it be different for Polish and Russians ? I would have understood your will for fairness during the european cups where what Pride said hadn't been clarified. However now that it is, arguing on this is useless.

Furthermore, I am not trying to influence the admin on anything, just giving french point of view, because it's not only mine, but the team's here. At least except if Tardet decides to say shet again *freetaunt :P* That's also why I said "except on decision of the admin". I'm not imposing anything, just saying that if one wants to play against us on a german server, he'll need the admin's support, because it's now proven that there is no matter of fairness or equality, and that french servers are better for infrastructural reasons.

To be honest If my team were going to play against France I would insist on German servers reason is I remember last tournament we played on French server you guys had 25- while we had the lowest 70 some people 100+ . You guys simply outplayed us 11-0. Btw of course French team is stronger than us but atleast we would have win couple rounds

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 11, 2015, 12:31:19 pm »
What exactly is the discussion here? Isn't it up to the captains of the teams to decide what server to play on?

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 11, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »
Nope, the question is: are we allowed to play on the German servers?
A) Yes, so the Cpts have to agree on where play the match, whit the possibility to chose between France and Germany
B) No, the German servers are too laggy. But this option have to be said by Herishey, who is the leader of the tournament.
Actually we are in the A situation, so you can't say "France will play JUST in the French servers" because you have to keep in mind the opinion of the teams you will face. If someone want to play in the German servers you will have to deal with it. Moreover, saying that you won't play on the Germans servers unless an admin imposition, you are also stopping the possibilities of dialogues with the other Nations.

So, yes Melton, it is up to the Cpts, but a nation can't refuse totally to play on a server, not even considering the opponents' condition.

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1268 on: March 11, 2015, 12:47:24 pm »
What exactly is the discussion here? Isn't it up to the captains of the teams to decide what server to play on?

I agree and I disagree with the statement of Lubukill why we need an admin approval to play on German servers . You guys gonna cry about having 35-50 pings? Oh let me introduce you the reality that Turkish team's lower ping is mine and it is 58 others 70+ so please , those pings are like dreams that we will never reach to lol  ;D

Exactly Skyfall , we always fight with 60+ pings but when you guys have to fight with 40 ping which is already super decent ping being problem?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:49:59 pm by RebelliouS »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #1269 on: March 11, 2015, 01:07:38 pm »
It's not about crying but we know from experience that you have some Nation which purposely want use to play on a German Server, not because they have good pings on it but because they want us to have bad ones which is where my problem lays : Giving the two teams bad conditions just to make sure one has not a clear advantage due to the server location.
Moreover guys, it would be cool If you could stop the "We have bad pings since we play Warband so the others can't complain." It is in any case an argument to the current problem, because you might indeed have 70+ ping but you got use of it by the time and even got some advantages of it (the kick while blocking). Our problems is not to have high pings but to have high pings we have never been use to play with. So please if you want to argue about this matter, do speak about all the things which are worth being consider and not only the ones which goes in your direction.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 11, 2015, 01:52:04 pm »
Can everyone just be quiet about the servers?

We have French and German. Nuff said, the server is selected before a match. If you get bad ping during a game deal with it.

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02:34 pm »
What, no
Do you really think that an high ping could give advantages? Really? Even if we are used to it, it is clearly not a useful thing, come on man! Moreover when you talk about "bad conditions" well, that means 40 ping for you, I totally wouldn't call it a bad condition.
Pinging 20 more for you shouldn't be so bad, let the Turkish/Russian/idk people ping 20 less would be very nice instead.
Anyway im getting out from this, my point was just that refuse to play on the German servers sounds very selfish and childish to me.
Good luck for the tournament y'all

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #1272 on: March 11, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »
Pretty sure Turks get 65-70 on groupfighting which is French, although a different location to dodos I think. Servers are important.. That's undeniable but you should try and be as considerate as possible to get a level playing field..

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 11, 2015, 03:24:09 pm »
It certainly makes little sense to play on the german server, even if you're polish, turkish, russian or from balkan. The server itself just gives you slower melee which just makes it more or less nigh impossible to properly block or chamber. Even if you give the enemy a super advantage such as the French as they're the closest, and also NL and Belgium or probably quite close as well perhaps. You still have the ability to atleast play like you do in the groupfighting server. And I assume most of the players are used to the ping in the groupfighting server, and the difference between ping is -/+5 or 10 at the very best (doubt 10 though) from groupfighting server and the NWWC french servers. So it seems quite irrational to see why people are complaining about playing on the French servers when they're all already used to playing on them from before.

But if you want an excuse to give the enemy a big disadvantage as possible then that's understandable. It only proves one thing.  ;)

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 11, 2015, 03:33:56 pm »