Author Topic: L'Aigle Megathread  (Read 14968 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: L'Aigle Megathread
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 05:49:38 am »
Because both of these mods used this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE aiming system from some Modder who doesnt know anything about MultiplayerPerformance.

Vince spend a week fixing it for IE.. It works now, even with 200 players. But it was the reason why BearForce and IE crashed...

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 09:22:52 am »
Let's hope it'll be done right.
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 06:50:34 pm »
Am I the only n00b that used cheats cause he keeps getting his party killed?

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »
just money, travel, and genocide cheats  ;)
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 07:38:01 pm »
Raid everyone and everything.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 01:56:50 pm »
Because both of these mods used this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE aiming system from some Modder who doesnt know anything about MultiplayerPerformance.

Vince spend a week fixing it for IE.. It works now, even with 200 players. But it was the reason why BearForce and IE crashed...

Danyele?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 03:31:29 pm »

Danyele?

No no no. They made some game about the Napoleonic Wars and it was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention their "company" name. Something like "Soaring Mouse Recreation". Dumb name, am I right?
xD

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »

Danyele?

No no no. They made some game about the Napoleonic Wars and it was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention their "company" name. Something like "Soaring Mouse Recreation". Dumb name, am I right?
Yeah, then there's that one member who's name is from a kid in toy story and can't seem to answer reasonably therefor cannot be taken seriously, annoying when people are like that right?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:30 pm »
Dany did not make that script. He took it from someone else. I don't remember his name.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:18 am »
Ugh, this is really annoying, I just got my own kingdomn (using cheats ofc) and when I make people my vassals, they change their fancy clothes that I gave to them to really ugly knight armor. Help pls

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 12:45:36 am »
Ugh, this is really annoying, I just got my own kingdomn (using cheats ofc) and when I make people my vassals, they change their fancy clothes that I gave to them to really ugly knight armor. Help pls
Thats all coding and brf. Docm will surely fix that afterwards, he's mainly trying to test out features and balancing.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2015, 04:50:05 pm »
As of now: unbalanced as shit.

I am aware that this is still pre-alpha, but I'd imagine Docm would have put some more core-features of his total conversion in the game already.
Example: advanced battle AI. At the moment, the AI is more than 50% cavalry and charges immediately. Even in a tightly-packed formation (the cav-square doesn't work at all) your infantry will get rekt 10/10.
The melee system with bayonets is clunky and just isn't combat anymore, you literally win fights on who has more power strike and the most hitpoints, skill is compltely gone.
The artillery of friendlies only manages to get 1 round off per battle, same for the enemy artillery.

Again, I know this is pre-alpha. But there are loads of core-game bugs and what does docm update? That infantry isn't wearing winter uniforms as often and that it doesn't rain all the time?
That is some next level prioritising.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Also, the leveling system is weird. you join as a ranker in the game, and you are now fully capable of leading your own party in the name of the ruler of the nation. Done.
Why not instead spend time working on a system that you actually work through the ranks of an excisting party and improve the system that has been shown in the freelancer module? Why invest time in making seven nations already, while you could just as well stick with one to four and work onthe the revolutionary changes you planend yo make, such as the improved battle AI and more complex economy system?

Even in such and early stage, a vast disappointment to me.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »
No one can deny the problems that exist with the mod right now but yes its Alpha so there is still loads of room for improvement. You dont need me to tell you to be patient and wait for improvements.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33:11 pm »
Again, I know this is pre-alpha. But there are loads of core-game bugs and what does docm update? That infantry isn't wearing winter uniforms as often and that it doesn't rain all the time?
That is some next level prioritising.

Absolutely ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that I focused on fixing actual bugs and issues before working on new content and features? What?

Advanced battle AI is impossible. The AI isn't nearly 50% cavalry. Cavalry isn't OP and I can easily defeat it with equal numbers of infantry. I personally feel that the bayonet combat works better than in NW, where it's just a ridiculous looking dance routine. I don't know what you mean about the artillery---that's objectively wrong.

Also, the leveling system is weird. you join as a ranker in the game, and you are now fully capable of leading your own party in the name of the ruler of the nation. Done.
Why not instead spend time working on a system that you actually work through the ranks of an excisting party and improve the system that has been shown in the freelancer module? Why invest time in making seven nations already, while you could just as well stick with one to four and work onthe the revolutionary changes you planend yo make, such as the improved battle AI and more complex economy system?

You clearly have no idea what kind of work these things take. Not knowing these things, you probably shouldn't comment on what should and should not be prioritised.

If anyone is disappointed by an alpha I made very clear is extremely rough, it's their own fault.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »
I think it would kind of be cool to go around with your general in battle, sort of like Gekokujo where you start off as a basic yari unit and work your way up through the ranks as you follow your commander in battle, rather than having your own army and being a Sergeant or something. Seems like nothing really changes when you sign up for the army other than your allegiance. 

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳