Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League  (Read 162439 times)

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #570 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:41 am »
This is a game and this is supposed to be fun. Hence why people who destroy the fun by cheating are banned. Double-reging is a form of cheating.

Now, I know nothing of North as a person but that does nothing to it. Not knowing that the League started is hardly a good excuse. There's a nice saying: Ignorantia juris non excusat. He joined steam groups, many of which are in NANWL, after I said last time not to join steam groups. Joining a steam group equals joining a regiment. Also, I do not see how not knowing about the season starting changes anything about the rulebreak.

Anyways, he broke the rule and I banned him now again.
North is in the 5th group. North is not a 5th member. North is  a Community member.
Yet I've seen him with an actual rank in your regiment. In any case, it is not allowed in NANWL even if you define the purpose of your steam group differently.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #571 on: January 15, 2015, 01:24:14 am »
Oh my. I'm in multiple Steam groups. But considering its been three months since I even played NW I figure it's not much of a problem. Not really in any regiment now.

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2015, 01:24:47 am »
If being in a steam group means being in the regiment. Oooh I'm about to get so many people banned.
Don't make me search every regimental steam group for double-regers...

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2015, 01:27:38 am »
If being in a steam group means being in the regiment. Oooh I'm about to get so many people banned.
Hehe, Johnny is a double reger he is in Nr37 group and 18th! And boob plays for Nr37 under the name Gren_LongDong!!! :o

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2015, 01:28:29 am »
Hehe, Johnny is a double reger he is in Nr37 group and 18th! And boob plays for Nr37 under the name Gren_LongDong!!! :o
You really just told me that?! Talk to me on steam...

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2015, 01:30:17 am »
Waste plz! 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:53:06 am by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2015, 01:32:01 am »
This is a game and this is supposed to be fun. Hence why people who destroy the fun by cheating are banned. Double-reging is a form of cheating.

Now, I know nothing of North as a person but that does nothing to it. Not knowing that the League started is hardly a good excuse. There's a nice saying: Ignorantia juris non excusat. He joined steam groups, many of which are in NANWL, after I said last time not to join steam groups. Joining a steam group equals joining a regiment. Also, I do not see how not knowing about the season starting changes anything about the rulebreak.

North is in the 5th group. North is not a 5th member. North is  a Community member.
Yet I've seen him with an actual rank in your regiment. In any case, it is not allowed in NANWL even if you define the purpose of your steam group differently.
Mus = Musician. Mus is not an actual rank. Im DSgt in the 8th. DSgt = Dick Sergeant.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2015, 01:32:23 am »
Just putting my input here, hear me out or not its your choice.

North wasn't aware of the rule that being in a reg's steam group meant that he was part of that reg.
North hasn't been to a single NWL match this season with those regiments.
That being said, he didn't even know the new season had begun.
All in all, this just seems like a so far harmless misunderstanding from North.

Now, what I think should be done is to give the guy a chance to fix everything up. Personally, I think North is a great guy and has never meant any harm to anyone or to any event. I just think it's unfair he was banned when he didn't even know he was breaking a rule.
I hope you give Northy one last chance, Jackie  :-\
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Lawbringer

« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2015, 01:35:21 am »
I guess it would be fine if North just declared his regiment and ceased association with all the others.

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
« Reply #579 on: January 15, 2015, 01:36:28 am »
Wooooah
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:38:17 am by Chantakey »

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 15, 2015, 01:38:13 am »
I updated Rule 30. This way there should be no future confusion when it comes to this issue.

Also updated Rule 11, custom maps are now allowed if both regiments agree on it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:41:24 am by JackieChan »

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2015, 01:39:20 am »
I updated Rule 33. This way there should be no future confusion when it comes to this issue.

Also updated Rule 11, custom maps are now allowed if both regiments agree on it.
So does North get a second chance or?
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #582 on: January 15, 2015, 01:39:30 am »

Mus = Musician. Mus is not an actual rank. Im DSgt in the 8th. DSgt = Dick Sergeant.

Fits you.

Now seriously, stop. North is banned. Nothing will change that.

Thanks.

Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #583 on: January 15, 2015, 01:40:12 am »
no can do, as I said I am away and all I have is my phone, that's why I wont be at our NANWL match Jackie!!!

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:46 am »
no can do, as I said I am away and all I have is my phone, that's why I wont be at our NANWL match Jackie!!!
Yet you were online on steam 30 mins ago...

Anyways, I hope you know that you have to make sure both of them either fully join you or leave.

As for North, I am talking to him. He did break the rules, but I will discuss this issue with the organizers and moderators. So stop pushing our thread further to 100 pages with useless posts. Thank you.