Author Topic: Lord of The Rings  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Lord of The Rings
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:57 am »
If they follow the book there will be next to no action in the Battle of Five Armies since Bilbo just gets knocked out if I remember correctly. Hopefully they won't focus on him being knocked out but you never know.
I highly doubt that they will leave the main battle of the tale as a side note of the movie. I really hope they don't.
Despite all the things that weren't in the books I enjoyed "An unexpected journey" pretty much and I am also looking forward to the next films, although I found that Smaug looked pretty poorly animated (in the trailer) in comparison to the Fellbeasts of the LotR trilogy.

Back to the topic: I am huge LotR fan, have read all books (except the "Unfinished Tales"  :'( ), played almost all games and well look at my name and you'll see my favourite race in Arda. I just love the dwarves, their humour, their badassness, their sturdiness and their axes and armors. Following would be Elves as they so asthaetic and the complete opposite of the Dwarves, the Istari (like someone mentioned already, Gandalf is a badass motherfucker :D ) and the Dunedain, cause they got Numenorian blood in their venes. The Men of Gondor and the Rohirrim are cool aswell, but they are so weak in comparison to other races, so easily trickable, so gullible.

As you might already have noticed, I am totally into the good guys of Middleearth. Thats mostly because the "evil" races are just either just bad copies of the good (e.g. the Orcs) or betrayed the good guys (e.g. Rhun, check out the Simarillon). Of course the Trolls and Mumakil are very fascinating and bad ass aswell, but they are on the wrong side :P

Offline Anthony Venison

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:17 pm »
If they follow the book there will be next to no action in the Battle of Five Armies since Bilbo just gets knocked out if I remember correctly. Hopefully they won't focus on him being knocked out but you never know.
I highly doubt that they will leave the main battle of the tale as a side note of the movie. I really hope they don't.
Despite all the things that weren't in the books I enjoyed "An unexpected journey" pretty much and I am also looking forward to the next films, although I found that Smaug looked pretty poorly animated (in the trailer) in comparison to the Fellbeasts of the LotR trilogy.

Back to the topic: I am huge LotR fan, have read all books (except the "Unfinished Tales"  :'( ), played almost all games and well look at my name and you'll see my favourite race in Arda. I just love the dwarves, their humour, their badassness, their sturdiness and their axes and armors. Following would be Elves as they so asthaetic and the complete opposite of the Dwarves, the Istari (like someone mentioned already, Gandalf is a badass motherfucker :D ) and the Dunedain, cause they got Numenorian blood in their venes. The Men of Gondor and the Rohirrim are cool aswell, but they are so weak in comparison to other races, so easily trickable, so gullible.

As you might already have noticed, I am totally into the good guys of Middleearth. Thats mostly because the "evil" races are just either just bad copies of the good (e.g. the Orcs) or betrayed the good guys (e.g. Rhun, check out the Simarillon). Of course the Trolls and Mumakil are very fascinating and bad ass aswell, but they are on the wrong side :P
I love you solely due to the fact you didn't call the Mumakil an "elephant" unlike 90% of people.

Offline RabidDonkey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Rct_RabidDonkey[YOR]
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

I love you solely due to the fact you didn't call the Mumakil an "elephant" unlike 90% of people.

What about Oliphant?

Offline Anthony Venison

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

What about Oliphant?
Equally as acceptable as Mumakil. I just prefer the word Mumakil as you can proceed to use the term Mumakil Mahud as opposed to "Oliphant rider".

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 02:29:03 am »
I use Mumakil, because the word "Oliphant" sounds so similar to "Elephant" which kinda takes away their beastliness, and their much bigger height. I mean I have experienced how scary Elephants are when they are running towards you (had that twice on a night Safari in South Africa, the bus driver suddenly told us all to shut up and took out his gun, then the elephant came trampling towards us, the driver turned the bus around on the open field we went off of the road but got away safely), but they are nowhere as tall, as strong and as badass as the Mumakil. So I think the term "Oliphant" is a bit denouncing for them (though Tolkien used the word aswell but oh well :P )

Back to the Hobbit: After watching the trailer serveral times, I think I already noticed Bard "the Bowman" in it, and he looked cool, which is a big plus :D Can't wait for the release; unfortunately it will be much later in Germany  :'(

Offline Oakenshield

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 12:54:31 am »
Rohan would be my favourite faction, then the dwarfs of the misty mountain of course :P

Offline Allasaphore

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 03:40:02 am »
Who doesn't like the elves of Gondolin, eh? Huzzah for the Hidden City.

Offline bobow95

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 84e_Cpl_Bobow95
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »
Who doesn't like the elves of Gondolin, eh? Huzzah for the Hidden City.
First Age 510 Nevar forget <3
I love this painting of Gondolin
Spoiler
[close]
My favourite scene in the movies.
 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:14:26 pm by bobow95 »
84e RĂ©giment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »
that is the best part part of all the movies
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Anthony Venison

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 11:12:37 am »
WHAT? Would you not say the charge of Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields is the best part of all the movies? My eyes water everytime

Offline Tokin

• Sergeant Major
  • 33rd Siege & Jail Break admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Pfc_Tokin
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 01:16:49 am »
WHAT? Would you not say the charge of Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields is the best part of all the movies? My eyes water everytime

+1

Offline RabidDonkey

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Rct_RabidDonkey[YOR]
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 01:10:15 pm »
Well, the worst bit of the movies for me is when The Return of The King ended, I actually cried at that bit, mind you I was 5 at the time ::)

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »

+1
+2

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:53 am »
Post for notifications
*Ignore*

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 08:52:49 pm »
I just started reading the Silmarillion, and OH MY GOD it's like amazing!
Pointy stick champion