Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5]  (Read 221855 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] [Current week: 10]
« Reply #1410 on: April 13, 2015, 04:53:07 pm »
Will you nig nogs ever stop?

Please, I beg you..

The silliness..

I cant...

I just can't...

Handle it :(
I take offence, I should get Goki to come to your room and teach you some manners.  :-\

Gokiller_Da_Turtle  is in my basement :) :) :) :) :)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Alexander Munro

• Private
  • I'll zornhau the crap out of your genitalia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Maj_Alexander_Munro
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1411 on: April 13, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »
Reading through these last few pages was depressing and entertaining at the same time. I found the match to be rather dull because of how defensively BOTH regiments played, but what people need to keep in mind is that the KK-A spawned on a hill and the first thing they did upon having spawned was to fire at us from their spawn. Naturally we moved to cover - 'tis what any sensible commander would do. Had we not been fired at from the very beginning of each round (I believe it happened in all the first rounds but I might be mistaken) we might have opted for a bolder and riskier course of action but with the KK-A desperately hanging on to each and every little advantage they could squeeze out of the map we decided to follow suit. Some of us, myself included, grew rather nervous after some of the earlier close combats and with the KK-A continuing to play as they so often do we decided not to expose ourselves unnecessarily when making our way toward their lovely hill.

Had the KK-A made ANY attempts to approach us we would have met them in the field but instead we had to endure a rather tedious game of who-stops-camping-first. Once we had taken the lead we grew quite determined to win the match and we saw no reason not to do what the KK-A had done to us once we got to spawn on the hill. It's been mentioned before but neither regiment had any success shooting from long range so most of the rounds were settled at point blank range where the superior shooting and positioning from the 91st obviously played a huge role. Some time after losing 2 rounds in melee the 91st melee improved considerably (We did get a few rather comfortable wins in melee) but what won the battle was the leadership, the positioning and the shooting of the 91st.

I personally would like to test the 91st melee against that of the KK-A but until we get to fight them on an open field with no shooting allowed I see no reason not to adopt their campy tactics. I'm fairly confident that the 91st melee would prevail against the KK-A but until we get the chance to prove that I am content with having won because of superior positioning and shooting. In my opinion shooting and leadership are just as important as melee. Even more so when the melee revolves around messed up glithconets that make about as little sense as the Warband-kick. All in all it was an interesting fight. I regret that it got to be so dull at times but when your opponent has been dealt a better hand and has decided to capitalise on it, you have to make the most of what you have.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 13, 2015, 06:46:34 pm »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #1413 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:37 pm »
K-KA not KK-A
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Alexander Munro

• Private
  • I'll zornhau the crap out of your genitalia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Maj_Alexander_Munro
« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »
K-KA not KK-A

My mistake. I'll just say clansmen from now on to avoid further confusion.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2015, 07:26:09 pm »

Here's the video, uncut other than my Steam messages as it was asked for.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2015, 07:41:41 pm »
Reading through these last few pages was depressing and entertaining at the same time. I found the match to be rather dull because of how defensively BOTH regiments played, but what people need to keep in mind is that the KK-A spawned on a hill and the first thing they did upon having spawned was to fire at us from their spawn. Naturally we moved to cover - 'tis what any sensible commander would do. Had we not been fired at from the very beginning of each round (I believe it happened in all the first rounds but I might be mistaken) we might have opted for a bolder and riskier course of action but with the KK-A desperately hanging on to each and every little advantage they could squeeze out of the map we decided to follow suit. Some of us, myself included, grew rather nervous after some of the earlier close combats and with the KK-A continuing to play as they so often do we decided not to expose ourselves unnecessarily when making our way toward their lovely hill.

Had the KK-A made ANY attempts to approach us we would have met them in the field but instead we had to endure a rather tedious game of who-stops-camping-first. Once we had taken the lead we grew quite determined to win the match and we saw no reason not to do what the KK-A had done to us once we got to spawn on the hill. It's been mentioned before but neither regiment had any success shooting from long range so most of the rounds were settled at point blank range where the superior shooting and positioning from the 91st obviously played a huge role. Some time after losing 2 rounds in melee the 91st melee improved considerably (We did get a few rather comfortable wins in melee) but what won the battle was the leadership, the positioning and the shooting of the 91st.

I personally would like to test the 91st melee against that of the KK-A but until we get to fight them on an open field with no shooting allowed I see no reason not to adopt their campy tactics. I'm fairly confident that the 91st melee would prevail against the KK-A but until we get the chance to prove that I am content with having won because of superior positioning and shooting. In my opinion shooting and leadership are just as important as melee. Even more so when the melee revolves around messed up glithconets that make about as little sense as the Warband-kick. All in all it was an interesting fight. I regret that it got to be so dull at times but when your opponent has been dealt a better hand and has decided to capitalise on it, you have to make the most of what you have.

I was referee, so I was able to have a look at both regiments during the whole match from the aerial perspective and I can just say that you're taking the biscuit. I think he describes this match really well and like he said: No side can be blamed for anything. Both played their game and both played careful, comprehensible. So, heads up. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2015, 07:43:35 pm »
Snip.

- Stop posting GIFs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:48:28 pm by Bever »

Offline quickzR

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Cpl_James_Steel
« Reply #1418 on: April 13, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »

If you think that melee is the only fun part in this game pls go Play gf 24/7.

That's what I did, then I got banned from GF for a still unknown reason to me.

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1419 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »
16e 7 - 3 2nd

Good match to referee, some really good melee. Only a few minor issues. GG both sides!

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 13, 2015, 09:31:46 pm »
16e 7 - 3 2nd

Good match to referee, some really good melee. Only a few minor issues. GG both sides!

Thanks for refereeing Macca :-*

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »
6-4 to 3rd against 6te. Superior melee and shooting, a worthy match to end our winning streak. I cri :(

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1422 on: April 13, 2015, 09:50:41 pm »
16e 7 - 3 2nd

Thanks for refereeing Macca :-*
My pleasure.  :-*

Offline Dom_

• Donator
  • boi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kafka // Robert Black
« Reply #1423 on: April 13, 2015, 10:35:23 pm »
6-4 to 3rd against 6te. Superior melee and shooting, a worthy match to end our winning streak. I cri :(
Now I feel bad ://///////////
Spoiler
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgvwfvTcNl0[/youtube]
[close]

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 14, 2015, 05:33:27 am »
No they got busted by 14e second time.