We are all playing "Mount & Musket" and "Napoleonic Wars" for years now and we all have our nice linebattle statistics. But we dont have the chance to compare our skills, beacause every regiment and every LB has its own rules. So you can't see, if one regiment is better than another, because they both had different battle conditions. So our idea was a standardized league with fixed rules. To make it a real league, like the German "Bundesliga", we have 3 leagues, the Premier, Second and Third one. At the end of the NWL the 2 best regiments in the second and third league rise up into the upper league. The the 2 worst regiments of each league will descent into the lower one. The 12th of the first and the 3rd of the second league will fight for promotion or staying in the league, same for the 12th in league 2 and 3rd in league 3. The 2 worst regiments of the thirdleague will drop out of the NWL. But 2 new candidats have the chance to qualify for the NWL! We want to have 14 Regiments per league, so at all we have a maximum of 42 teams in competition! Caused by this number of teams, we have decided not to have a second leg. So you will meet every regiment in your league only once. At the end of the league, regiments from outside it can qualify for getting a place in the third league. The 2 best ones get a place in League 3 then.
NWL was the first well running event of it's kind and got copied several times due to the success, but only the original league is supported by so many popular regiments and people. It also became the biggest event of the NW-Community, including 38 regiments with over 1200 players! The first four seasons are already finished. After season 3 we changed back to two leagues but with 14 teams each instead of 12. Since season 5 we've 3 leagues again, with a smaller league 3. It were very nice tourneys and we're looking forward to the next one!
1. No Firing in melee or out of formation.
1.1 A melee is where one bayonet or sword from either line strikes the player or weapon of the opposing team.
1.2 Firing out of formation is where a shot is fired from a player of a line which is not stationary and in a tightly packed formation.
1.3 The officer is not allowed to shoot on his own while his line is waiting in cover
2. Gaps have to be closed tight.
2.1 If you fire without closing the gap beforehand, you may be punished by the referee.
2.2 You are not allowed to open the gap after you take a shot.
3. No officer aiming. This only regards the player in the officer class.
3.1 Officer aiming is only true in the following situations;
Shot whilst marching ahead of the line.
Shot whilst ranged combat and not within 5 man spacing of the original line.
3.2 In the following situations, officer aiming does not apply.
If the officer is standing in front, behind or in the line (from enemies viewpoint)
In a definite and obvious charge movement towards the enemy line.
4. Allowed units: Rankers and officers of regular line infantry - No skirmishers, light infantry or guard infantry.
5. Only one line per regiment, only one officer per regiment.
6. No Bonuses, no musicians, no flag bearers.
7. Only a ONE man majority is allowed.
7.1 The minimum attendance required for a balance is 15 men. If a regiment does not bring 15 their opponents may use 15 regardless.
7.2 The maximum attendance is 35 men in play at any time.
8. Only 'Random x Medium' maps are to be used. And not on the "forest" setting.
8.1 Both regiments have to agree on a map. After 5 rounds teams will be swapped to the opposing faction.
8.2 The referee may pick a map on his own when it takes more than 10 minutes to agree on a map.
9. Matches have to be played on official NWL Servers.
9.1 The referee may choose a server if the regiments can't agree on a server
10. You need to get a referee for your match, otherwise its invalid. A list of these is shown below.
10.1 Both regiments need to agree on the chosen referee.
10.2 Referees are not allowed to referee a match that their own regiment is partaking in.
11. You need to play your match in the given time.
11.1. Matches can be played from the commencing Friday to Thursday.
12. If one regiment does not appear in time, the other one will get a 10-0 win.
13. If both teams don't appear, both will get a 0-0 loss. This will result in 0 points for both teams.
14. Players may only be in one regiment that is attending the NWL. If a player is in two regiments that are both in the NWL they
must choose which one to play for.
15. No invites.
16. Slaying, freezing, kicking or banning is only allowed, if the target is from your own regiment.
16.1 You are not allowed to reset or restart on own behalf.
17. Referee rulings have to be accepted in a running match. You may not discuss it within an unfinished match.
17.1 Instructions of a referee must be followed; excluding instructions which would change the match dramatically
where no rules have been broken (e.g. charge orders or similiar orders)
17.1.1 The referee may send spectators of any regiment which is not part of the competing regiments off the server
17.1.2 The referee may forbid to use the global chat and global admin chat for everyone, other chats (internal ones) are not mentioned
17.2 You may appeal a referees judgement with a video or screenshot if abusing behavior is seen, or a wrong/biased decisions has occurred.
17.3 If you abuse the appeal system your further appeals may be ignored.
18. No flaming or insulting. Organizers may punish insults or inappropriate behavior with ceding or canceling points.
19. Organizers keep interpretational sovereignty
The Sign Ups for the 4th season of the NWL will open on
15th January 2015 at 6pm CET
The Sign Ups are open until
20th January 2015 at 6pm CET
Regiments which sign up before or after the posted dates will be ignored!
There will be some qualifying matches for interested regiments maybe.
Regiments which stay in NWL don't have to sign up again. For signing up, post the following informations:Regiment:
More informations about the qualifying matches will follow soon.
The organizers will talk to signed up regiments after the sign ups closed to answer all questions.