Poll

Does NW melee suck?

Definitely
6 (66.7%)
Definitely
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Why do people think this game is hard  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Why do people think this game is hard
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2014, 03:36:37 am »
I agree with you on one matter: NW melee is easier than Native or cRPG, for the simple reason of attack directions. All the things mentioned before like chambering, holds, feints etc, are also in Native. So all in all, yes, NW is easier to learn and easier to master.

However, you have probably only seen NA players play hence you think you are the best and the melee is piss easy. Go and take a look at EU linebattles, groupfighting tournaments or even 1v1 tournaments. You'll find plenty of people who are way better than the NA players. It says a lot if the best NA meleer came out of the EU community. Not hating on the NA guys here, just stating facts.

To adress your points specifically:

Why do people think this game is competitive and difficult?
Because everything can be thought of as competitive. Following your logic you could say, CS:GO is so easy, considering you can only shoot in 1 direction. I bet the competitive scene there would disagree on that one.

Melee hardly requires skill, for fucks sakes there's only 2 attack directions. My grandpa could be a "pro" at melee and he doesn't even know what a computer is. Bayonet duels are pretty much a test of who does something stupid first
As mentioned earlier, not making a mistake is a skill. That's the reason many tactics in NW melee base on the perception of the enemy player (examples: holds, feints, dolphins, spinning and changing attack direction while the enemy's view is blocked). Baiting the enemy player into a move you want him to do is a valid tactic don't you think?

Also, regimental linebattles are a terrible way of testing the skill of a regiment. From what I've seen, the more you abuse the rules (FOL, not being in a complete line etc.) and the map layouts, the more likely you are to win.
Why are they a bad way of testing it? Go watch any Linebattles of the NWL. There is a strict ruleset where things like FOL are punished. Using slopes and crests to maneuvre your men into cover while they can shoot the exposed enemy seems like a good tactic to me. It requires commanding skill to push the enemy line out of such positions and using them to your own advantage. Yet again I ask you to take a look at how things are done on the EU side, it's a lot different than NA.

I don't play this game anymore, I'm just curious to hear from the le epic melee gods xD about why they think they are the shit for winning at what is the equivalent of the special olympics.
See my points mentioned above. Nice bait though.

Lawbringer

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2014, 07:22:57 am »

It says a lot if the best NA meleer came out of the EU community. Not hating on the NA guys here, just stating facts.

ur talking about Bruce lee rite?

or was it Jet Li?

hmmmmm......

Offline Vaska

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vaska
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2014, 08:06:41 am »
I agree with Locust you sound very retarded.

Install the game and have a test fight with me. I'm sure you won't be able to block a single attack.

Well said Hadhod. He is a guy who has only played on NA siege server for 1 hour and then uninstalled the game
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:09:33 am by Vaska »

Offline Who-

• Colonel
  • You been lookin' for the wrong one
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2014, 12:21:18 pm »
I'm rather sure Chosen1 would give you a run  the run for your money in a duel.
This is almost as good as the Victoria Day in Calradia thread.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:33:59 pm by Who- »
I'm like a reincarnated Saltyy But I actually have some talent.

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2014, 04:09:01 pm »
I'm just curious to hear from the le epic melee gods xD about why they think they are the shit for winning...

Cause I'm dead inside.
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 04:12:30 pm »
Lol some 15 year old wannabe conservative thinking he knows everything about this game. 

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »
Lol some 15 year old wannabe conservative thinking he knows everything about this game.

SHOTS

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »

SHOTS
FERGUSSON?
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline InUrBase, EatingUrBacon

• First Lieutenant
  • Heil Hillary
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]TheFlood_ChrisPBacon
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 04:48:09 pm »

SHOTS
FERGUSSON?

HANDS UP DONT SHOOT

Quote from loyal PLG cultist
yeah i'm so glad i joined this respectful, loving christian regiment that in no way makes me feel ashamed of my race.
[close]

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »
I agree with you on one matter: NW melee is easier than Native or cRPG, for the simple reason of attack directions. All the things mentioned before like chambering, holds, feints etc, are also in Native. So all in all, yes, NW is easier to learn and easier to master.

However, you have probably only seen NA players play hence you think you are the best and the melee is piss easy. Go and take a look at EU linebattles, groupfighting tournaments or even 1v1 tournaments. You'll find plenty of people who are way better than the NA players. It says a lot if the best NA meleer came out of the EU community. Not hating on the NA guys here, just stating facts.

To adress your points specifically:

Why do people think this game is competitive and difficult?
Because everything can be thought of as competitive. Following your logic you could say, CS:GO is so easy, considering you can only shoot in 1 direction. I bet the competitive scene there would disagree on that one.

Melee hardly requires skill, for fucks sakes there's only 2 attack directions. My grandpa could be a "pro" at melee and he doesn't even know what a computer is. Bayonet duels are pretty much a test of who does something stupid first
As mentioned earlier, not making a mistake is a skill. That's the reason many tactics in NW melee base on the perception of the enemy player (examples: holds, feints, dolphins, spinning and changing attack direction while the enemy's view is blocked). Baiting the enemy player into a move you want him to do is a valid tactic don't you think?

Also, regimental linebattles are a terrible way of testing the skill of a regiment. From what I've seen, the more you abuse the rules (FOL, not being in a complete line etc.) and the map layouts, the more likely you are to win.
Why are they a bad way of testing it? Go watch any Linebattles of the NWL. There is a strict ruleset where things like FOL are punished. Using slopes and crests to maneuvre your men into cover while they can shoot the exposed enemy seems like a good tactic to me. It requires commanding skill to push the enemy line out of such positions and using them to your own advantage. Yet again I ask you to take a look at how things are done on the EU side, it's a lot different than NA.

I don't play this game anymore, I'm just curious to hear from the le epic melee gods xD about why they think they are the shit for winning at what is the equivalent of the special olympics.
See my points mentioned above. Nice bait though.

Inbound for NA vs EU debate

SHOTS
FERGUSSON?

HANDS UP DONT SHOOT

[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »
Well... This thread will soon turn into an NA vs EU thread. Honestly I find it stupid comparing both EU and NA. EU has their way and NA has their own way, leave them be. If one thinks he's superior, it means he has too much pride (damn prideofni). In any case just enjoy the game. NW isn't an e-sport game, it's a teamwork game but for fun and if you wish, you can also reenact (somewhat).

P.s. I like both EU and NA and admire Jackie Chan for his melee skills (can't practice with him cause he is EU... And im CA)
The first modder for NW.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2014, 07:51:38 pm »
I reckon this thread has run its course, with all the constructive posts already having been made. Locking before it descends any further into either NA vs EU or off-topic spam.