Troop's Tree, Unit types, General's Guard and more
Today, we are going to talk about the news in the troops. First of all, I want to talk about the unit types than uses each faction, they are very similar in order to balance them.
The two factions have the similar number of regiments and types of infantry:
1 Militia, 3 Line Infantry, 1 Foot Guard, 1 Grenadiers Guard and 1 Sharpshooters.
- Militia: They are the most agile, but worse in melee and shooting.
- Line Infantry: They are the base infantry unit, not modified, only improved a litte in shooting
- Foot Gaurd: Slightly slower, and slightly better in melee and shooting
- Grenadiers Guard: The slowest, same shooting than Line Infantry, but the best in melee
- Sharpshooters: Slightly more agile, the best firing. Improved one-handed melee
Each infantry unit (not militia) has a new rank between the rankers and the ensigns, the new unit is the Veterans (in the Carlist Side) and the Sergeants (in the Isabeline Side). This rank has a slightly better skills than the rankers of each unit, and they have a diferent kind of musket, the battalion's musket, that wooks perfectly in-game.
All the fire weapons have now better accuracy. And the fix/unfix bayonet script has been implemented for the infantry muskets.
*The list of the units in the principal post have been modified a little, so I need to edit it.*
The two factions have the 4 similar base units, 1 Hussars, 1 Lancers, 1 Dragoons and 1 Heavy Cav. But then each faction repeat one unit, with a total of 5 regiments. The Isabeline Side has one more Heavy Cav, and the Carlist Side have one more Lancers.
The Artillery is similar than the Napoleonic Wars unit, with a ranker, a train and a officer.
Then each faction has a sapper. (we are lookin for improve the artillery and the sapper)
Each faction has a new unit, the medicals (a lady in the Isabeline Side and a monk in the Carlist Side). Their job is heal wounded troops.
This is one of the new features in the mod, each faction have two diferent generals types, and each generals have their own guard.
- The types: There are two types of generals, one aggresive and one defensive. The idea is than they was elite units, so they have similar skills than the base cavalry units but improved. The aggresive general has improved light cavalry skills, and the defensive general has improved heavy cavalry skills. Their horses have not been modified the skills.
- The Guard: Each general has their own guard, with a ranker and an officer, the officers have the same skills than the general, and the rankers have slightly worse than them.
The idea is that in the events the generals can be a combat elite unit, with a total of 5 members: 1 general, 1 officer and 3 rankers.
Woorking hard in the project. Cheers.
Spain 19th Century Team.