Author Topic: I wish NW was Based on Something Else  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
I wish NW was Based on Something Else
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »
As of late, it seems like this game is about how good people are and not the regiment itself. I like the RP of regiments. How good the formations are, they're reputation etc. Not how good they can melee or how big of trolls they are. All I see now is regiments being just so focused on being the best at melee. During events, people just rush in, shoot once, then group fight for the entire round. During our time in NWL, all I saw was regiment running in a broken formation, shoot once (While firing out of line, or shooting officers) then charging. That's not how a Napoleonic Wars regiment fights. You may say "It's just a game". Shit, yeah it is a game. But we play this game to play as a regiment, might as well doing correctly not play it like it's a CSGO competitive team. I'd be nice to see strong regiments care about their reputation. To be known as a respectable regiment, not a group of trolls that are decent at melee.

Also, events are horribly organized. It seems like admins just accept troll regiments into their event, then wonder why they have problems during the event. But events are also terribly organized. It seems like having an admin in SPECTATOR is too much to ask for. If an event has no spectating admins, there is no need for rules. Because if you are leading/marching in line you cannot admin at the same time. And I don't know how having FiC in an event can be fun. There is no need for a line if there is FiC. You can just straight up charge at the round start and just charge across the map. It is just organized NW_Official_NA1. Events such as: Union Gaming, Prussian Army, Army of the Coalition etc.

Model regiments like the 9th, 32nd, 15e/33e, 40th (Tards on FSE :P), 91st, 92nd, 87th, 14e, 1stEPI

Not regiments like the 22e, 5th, Nr37, Nr7, 2teGarde, 9y, Wherever Mang is, 3rdSS, and the list goes on.

All in all, the point of the post is to find said "solution". Or just bitch about it. Either one.
xD

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: I wish NW was Based on Something Else
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »
Top lad, Andee. Totally agree with you. The NA community has just always been like this. EU is more about organization, leadership quality, dedication, etc... And thanks for mentioning the 40th, what you're describing is what Locust and I have been trying to accomplish since day 1.  :-*

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:30 pm »
xD

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:16:24 pm »
Andee, your post more or less sums up why I left NW entirely. I love RP, and it's why I joined regiments. Once things got out of hand, I left. I was tired of muh melee glory and wanted to just find a regiment that cares about historical accuracy. Such regiments do not exist.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 09:16:34 pm »
What about we just get along.

"Nr7" Deadeye get rekt

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:18 pm »
I think Andee was using them as more of an example than a rek

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:25:23 pm »
I think a lot of people here take CSGO more seriously than NW  :P

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »
it would make more sense, when you play a CS:GO match your rank in game is at stake, when you go to a linebattle it doesn't really matter if you win or lose. I forget what the score of our lb's are a few seconds after the purple text goes away

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »
Some things you can't simply change for the entire group.

If you complain, you must be ready to make a solution! Make a separate event only for "respected" regiments.
Remember that these people enjoy the game the #420yoloswag way they do. Nothing can change that.

If it were up to me, my first order of business would be to deal with regiments that name change or disband every couple weeks.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »

If you complain, you must be ready to make a solution! Make a separate event only for "respected" regiments.
Remember that these people enjoy the game the #420yoloswag way they do. Nothing can change that.

If it were up to me, my first order of business would be to deal with regiments that name change or disband every couple weeks.

I don't know what your talking about.... :P
xD

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »
43rd_Lt_James_Kennedy: Slay Entire Team
43rd_Sjt_Robert_MacLeod: .....K :(

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:25 pm »
43rd_Lt_James_Kennedy: Slay Entire Team
43rd_Sjt_Robert_MacLeod: .....K :(

How is that relevant? lol.
xD

Offline Ody

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • MoskovGren Ody on steam
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Kpt_~Odysseus~
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:31 pm »

If a regiment wants to name change that's their business, who is anyone to say anything about that. Mind your own business. Change and diversity is a nice thing, no one is bound to a single name and things are always open to change. Change is a way of life.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

If a regiment wants to name change that's their business, who is anyone to say anything about that. Mind your own business. Change and diversity is a nice thing, no one is bound to a single name and things are always open to change. Change is a way of life.

I think, like this thread, Commissar's comment was purely hypothetical and was not meant to single anyone in particular out. No need to get defensive.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:38:19 pm by Ryner »

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 10:41:03 pm »
I feel that regiments that name change frequently indicate an indecisive form of leadership. A regiment/leader that simply doesn't know their own identity and are unable to choose a name they like and stick with it for prolonged periods of time. (Talking in general here)