New textures for the white building set
- This was formerly a stucco texture. We changed it to wood clapboards to give the buildings more of a North American look. See the pictures below of how the new textures will look on the Bladensburg map. The interior of these walls will continue to have the stucco texture because it simulates plaster well. A new set of whitewashed walls from the old unpainted woodwall set is also planned.Faction specific Cannons
- The current field guns used in the War of 1812 mod are the Gribeauval or French style guns that were used by the US Army during the war. The barrel of the cannon was made of iron and it was mounted on a double bracketed carriage. The British cannon, however, differed a great deal in appearance since they had a different, block and trail style carriage, were brass instead of iron, and had equipment boxes mounted on the axel between the gun and the wheels. British artillery train drivers will now spawn with the new British style guns.A couple new naval inspired banners
- These will be US banners with a couple of famous slogans that came form the war. "DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP" were the dying words of Captain Lawrence on the frigate Chesapeake during his ill fated duel with the Shannon outside Boston harbor in 1813. Commander Oliver Hazard Perry flew a banner with these words on his flag ship the USS Niagara during the battle of Lake Erie. The white banner "FREE TRADE AND SAILOR'S RIGHTS' trumpeted one of the primary reasons for the war and was flown as a swallow tailed pennant on some US ships during the war. Although, one of these ships just happened to be the unfortunate Chesapeake mentioned above. See pictures in spoiler below.New Naval Weapons
- We have completed models and textures for new naval cutlasses, boarding axes, boarding pike, and naval dirk to replace the hodgepodge of weapons currently used by sailors.
British Figure Eight Cutlass and US Starr Cutlass
New Native Warpaint
US Boarding Axe and Royal Navy Boarding Axe
- We have added a couple of new native heads for the First Nations warriors. The ghost warrior warpaint head is new and so is the magua style head. All the heads have revised hair and feathers.New Native Melee Weapon
- The stone club has been added to the arsenal of weapons available to the First Nations melee warrior.Mac Linux Version
- Our coder US Navy will provide a version compatible with the Mac operating system, Linux. If/when possible.