Poll

Custom Scripted Game modes taking over conventional game modes?

Yes
16 (45.7%)
No
5 (14.3%)
Both are popular
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: July 31, 2017, 03:31:56 am

Author Topic: The end of Conventional game modes?  (Read 5015 times)

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
The end of Conventional game modes?
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:29:39 am »
Has there been a general shift in how players engage in NW game play? As the conventional NW game modes appear to have lost their touch apart from a few notables. I no longer see giant battle servers that can attract large player bases to join. I dont often see the official NW get popular either. Servers which use an existing game mode added with scripts to create a new game type seem to be keeping the NW public player base alive. Such as Human v Bots which is not an actual game type but has edited the commander bot system with scripts to make it human v bots. I've also seen a remarkable swing to full on role play servers. For instance the 59th Jailbreak attracts a large player base when given the correct attention by the admins. Scrips have been added and are still being improved upon. The idea of escaping out of prison, rising up to freedom seems to of attracted ultra-Role Players.

My new server, the 59th latest addition 'Napoleonic Wars Role Play' is truly amazing. The NWRS has come up with new game types such as storming the palace which requires a team to defend the a general while the other team kills him is amazing. The round wins if the general is killed. Another game type which is popular is Hostage rescue. These are great game types which attracts 100s of players regularly. I think if NW is ever improved or in BCF we should have some extra game types. State your opinions ladies.

Napoleonic Roleplay Server
Jailbreak
Human V Bot
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:47:17 am by sirkaide »

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The end of Conventional game types?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:13 am »
Game modes come and go and so does their popularity. Although he new RP server do seem to be taking a large stand now groupfighting servers have also gained huge popularities. The thing that makes old thing go and new things brought forth is that the veteran members of the community seek new and interesting game modes. I'll quote something that SeanBeansShako has been saying for quite some time and that it that after a long period of time the rolling hills of random maps becomes old. So we strive for new public servers as sadly not many dare move outside their comfort zone for events. Jail Break immediately took off due to the new idea. Although it had been a game mode on many RP server it had never been introduced to many has a separate game mode. Other game modes however do not always work and are left behind and forgotten. If wanting to keep a server populated you need to well...keep it populated. Constant administration and uptime is key into keeping servers that use these game modes alive. Because after yours goes down they flock to another and scarcely come back to yours. Overall the community is daring to experiment with new ideas which is a magnificent thing in this game. Another perspective is to look at mods. People flock to something new but if it fails to keep populated or has small amounts of down time (Iron Europe) people will not come back as easy. I still cannot stress enough that adequate administration for these new game modes is of the upmost importance so people can understand and follow any new rules. Another thing I have noticed is that smaller server get more on. Its a completion to get on the server. It also makes it so less admins are needed less times and there are less people to monitor. Trust me trying to monitor 180 people singled handed in a brand new game mode is a pain in the arse to this is another small thing that draws people to new servers. Hopefully this gives some insight as to how the community reacts to these new game modes and trust me this is all from experience.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
Re: The end of Conventional game modes?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:41:47 am »
Thank you for your response Conway. Over 170 people at peak the NWRS is the hottest show in town. The mode kill the general takes the role play to the extreme. I think we need some extra game types for the future. The community leaders current regimental leaders appear to have lost interest in playing on public servers exclude group fighting. How often do you see Malakith, Cenkris, Karth, Stefan play on servers. It seems either lack of interest due to repetitiveness may have set in. I think old dinosaurs that have been playing NW since M&M should step aside and let some new fresh idea's come to light.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 10:21:27 am »
Thank you for your response Conway. Over 170 people at peak the NWRS is the hottest show in town. The mode kill the general takes the role play to the extreme. I think we need some extra game types for the future. The community leaders current regimental leaders appear to have lost interest in playing on public servers exclude group fighting. How often do you see Malakith, Cenkris, Karth, Stefan play on servers. It seems either lack of interest due to repetitiveness may have set in. I think old dinosaurs that have been playing NW since M&M should step aside and let some new fresh idea's come to light.

I think the regimental leaders are less on the public servers because they have their own, and want to gain face on not other's servers.
Anyway, I think the Deathmatch servers should triple in numbers, and the amount of players per server cut down to 32.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:17:42 pm »
Yes, but the 59th server NWRP had over 170 and often gets over a 100 along with our jailbreak that attracts a large following. Apart from 33rd siege and groupfighting what other conventional servers still attract large player bases? We need new idea's and better options. That goes for the complexity  of editing scripts which is an extremely tricky process.

Offline Crunk

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The tactical turtleneck, the tactilneck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:32:12 pm »
This reads more like an advertisement than something else.
My plan is to crowdsource a plan.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 09:45:06 pm »

+1

I would also like to say that Stefan has a day job and I'm a University student, I imagine many other older regiment leaders are in a similar situation, so playing on a public NW server is not the first thing I do when I get home nor does it mean conventional game types are dying. If they lacked interest, they would have quit. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:50:04 pm by Gurkha »

Offline PoWder

• Private
  • 18th_AzeriArty_Queen_PoWder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:05:52 pm »
i raely like to play napolinc wars bc i can expres my autism by spednning my youthfful afternoons by linign up with like minded retards and shoot at the bad guys  ;D

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »

+1

I would also like to say that Stefan has a day job and I'm a University student, I imagine many other older regiment leaders are in a similar situation, so playing on a public NW server is not the first thing I do when I get home nor does it mean conventional game types are dying. If they lacked interest, they would have quit.

To re-add to that. 33rd adversities much more.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:12:38 pm by sirkaide »

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 10:09:39 pm »
Also Gurk we have both had to pay Dany Ele a large fee for his services..

Offline PoWder

• Private
  • 18th_AzeriArty_Queen_PoWder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »
nobody cares how many stupid pubbie eurotrash kids play in ur linebatles

1v1 me in meelee and we'll se e who is laughing.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 10:26:08 pm »

Except we don't.

I have the entire 59th that admin.
K, explains the poor admining job from 59th

All them twats who seem to think the I & the 59th brings nothing to NW. #59th Great admin team.
Spoiler

[close]
More 59th server ads, gotta turn on my ad blocker brb.

"How are you a leader of a reg" So .... ya

Yeah, my opinion hasn't changed.

k and?

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:32 pm »

Except we don't.

I have the entire 59th that admin.
K, explains the poor admining job from 59th

All them twats who seem to think the I & the 59th brings nothing to NW. #59th Great admin team.
Spoiler

[close]
More 59th server ads, gotta turn on my ad blocker brb.

"How are you a leader of a reg" So .... ya

Yeah, my opinion hasn't changed.

k and?

You've always been a cunt. I remember when you and Bob kicked me from the 33rd. Maybe one day we can create something thats half as good as the 33rd siege. As the 33rd siege is the best. Which Uni do you go? We might be at the same one mate, that'd be great, I'd love to meet ya.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:51:58 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:03 pm »
You've always been a cunt. I remember when you a Bob kicked me from the 33rd.
Lol when was this, I only remember you as that annoying invite for grens.

Maybe one day we can create something thats half as good as the 33rd siege. As the 33rd siege is the best. Which Uni do you go? We might be at the same one mate, that'd be great, I'd love to meet ya.

I highly doubt it.

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:48 pm »
You've always been a cunt. I remember when you a Bob kicked me from the 33rd.
Lol when was this, I only remember you as that annoying invite for grens.

Maybe one day we can create something thats half as good as the 33rd siege. As the 33rd siege is the best. Which Uni do you go? We might be at the same one mate, that'd be great, I'd love to meet ya.

I highly doubt it.

So rude
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:13:01 pm by sirkaide »