Author Topic: ISIS Thread  (Read 54169 times)

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
  • Side: Union
Re: ISIS Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 10:10:21 am »
To be honest, I'm against the Western&Friends intervention in Irak and Syria. It's not that I think IS is in its right to spread terror and murder, but I think that the intervention will create more problems than it will solve. Some French chap was kidnapped and executed in Algeria for this, and many terrorist threats came through as well. It may sound a bit selfish, but sometimes it's better not to get involved and to let the problem resolve itself and I'm fairly sure that we (westerners) will have probems because of that.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »
Arguably the most effective ground force fighting IS right now are the Kurds. The west should allow International Brigades made up off people who want to fight ISIS to leave for Kurdistan and fight together with the PKK, YPG and even Peshmerga.

http://www.kurdishinfo.com/turkish-youth-joins-ypg-kobane
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:11 pm »
Woke up to ISIS moving closer to Turkey. As, it was shown on CNN, with Syrian-Kurdish fighters trying to repeal ISIS from moving into Kurdish territory in Turkey. The guy who was filming was next to a bunch of Kurdish run aways who had to leave their homes, all of them were watching the battle from a hilltop in Turkey.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »
Woke up to ISIS moving closer to Turkey. As, it was shown on CNN, with Syrian-Kurdish fighters trying to repeal ISIS from moving into Kurdish territory in Turkey. The guy who was filming was next to a bunch of Kurdish run aways who had to leave their homes, all of them were watching the battle from a hilltop in Turkey.
Oh shit, that's why Europe needs a strongk Greece, to prevent all the filthy ME arabs from invading the glorious EU.

<Insert joke on how Greece sucks and can't defend it's borders etc>
<3

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 07:48:01 pm »
Oh shit, that's why Europe needs a strongk Greece, to prevent all the filthy ME arabs from invading the glorious EU.

Don't worry! The serbians will remove all kebab that tries to go past Greece.   ;)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2014, 07:55:58 pm »

Don't worry! The serbians will remove all kebab that tries to go past Greece.   ;)
lololololol apparently kebab is toorkish :0
<3

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »
isis dont want none unless you jihad son

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »

Actually, Greece is very well capable of guarding their own borders, and they indeed do have a strong army. Which is getting modernised even further as we speak.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 09:36:05 pm »
Its a shame you have all those radicals immigrating, glad I don't live with or encounter that problem here  :-\   anyways more than 50 countries have signed up to fight IS.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 09:40:54 pm »
Yay, more people to pile-drive them.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »
(CNN) -- Not weeks. Not months. Years.

That's how long nations entering the fight against ISIS may need to be prepared to spend on the battle, British and U.S. officials say.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 10:19:00 pm »
snip - If you can't show even a modicum of restraint with regard to commenting on racial matters don't bother posting again or we will ensure you can't.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:48:15 am by Malakith »
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »
hahahaha if only that was true... :'(

Well, it is, mostly. They have spent nearly a quarter of all the financial aid they received from Europe to modernising their military, which already was fairly well equipped, to the latest armour and marine technology, they are nearly entirely re-equipping their soldiers and spent some money on air defence. Their military size, if I recall it right, is the fourth largest in the EU, after Germany, France and Great Britain and is in better state of repair than the German one.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 11:14:35 pm »

Well, it is, mostly. They have spent nearly a quarter of all the financial aid they received from Europe to modernising their military, which already was fairly well equipped, to the latest armour and marine technology, they are nearly entirely re-equipping their soldiers and spent some money on air defence. Their military size, if I recall it right, is the fourth largest in the EU, after Germany, France and Great Britain and is in better state of repair than the German one.

"Greece is the largest importer of conventional weapons in Europe and its military spending is the highest in the European Union (relative to G.D.P)". cuz we gawt no GDP :O

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=greece
compare our spending with our foreign debt haha :D
9.3 vs 576.6 billion euros :D
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:45 pm »

EDIT: I hereby declare Global Firepower an invalid source, they claim the Netherlands have 47.660 active military personnel, while they actaully have 15.000 less...
"Greece is the largest importer of conventional weapons in Europe and its military spending is the highest in the European Union (relative to G.D.P)". cuz we gawt no GDP :O

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=greece
compare our spending with our foreign debt haha :D
9.3 vs 576.6 billion euros :D

GPD is not the profits, it's what they receive. Which is still a lot, but they manage to spend a metric shitton as well.
And I wasn't talking in relative, I was talking actual military quantities and qualities.

Global firepower is an untrustworthy source, they claim the Dutch Military has 47.660 active personnel, while it is actually 15.000 less, around 32.500. They also claim our Defence budget is 7,756,630,273 euros, while it actually is 7.3 billion.

Don't use that site.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:42:30 pm by Riddlez »