Author Topic: Regarding Photo creating.  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Antoine de Lasalle

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Regarding Photo creating.
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:03 am »
I want to create cool pictures like that of Photoshop etc. Using online sights pretty much suck.  I would love to get Photoshop, but $9.99/month.  It's a good deal but idk If I want to commit to that. 

Does anyone know a cheap, buy and use forever, sort of photo creative website like Photoshop?

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Photo creating.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:42:57 am »
Paint.net or GIMP work really well and are free :)
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:29:58 am »
Become a buccaneer on the high seas. Arrrrrr!

Spoiler
:-X
[close]

Offline Antoine de Lasalle

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:36:03 am »

Spoiler
[close]

What?

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:00 am »

Spoiler
[close]

What?
He means something akin to snip - Do not post links to torrent sites here...

I get my Adobe package for 15.99/month with student discount.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:31:56 am by Malakith »

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:38:45 am »
You can do just as great quality pictures with Paint.net as Photoshop.
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:21 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

What?
snip

That shit will get you banned. I recommend you remove it yourself before a mod sees it. Fair warning.

Also, back on topic, GIMP works fine for me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:32:20 am by Malakith »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 05:00:43 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

What?
snip

That shit will get you banned. I recommend you remove it yourself before a mod sees it. Fair warning.

I didn't link him to any pirated material, hop off my dick and stop trying to be a moderator.

The pirate bay is a torrent site. In case you don't know what a torrent is, it's a file made easy to distribute via metadata and crowd loading. It has nothing to do with piracy.

Here is a piece of legitimate software offered through the pirate bay http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/31/the-pirate-bay-bundle-gets-you-100-indie-games-you-might-have-missed/

Simply clarifying what somebody was saying is not reason to get your shit in a wad. If you were to say that thepiratebay is a website that is made for distributing copyrighted material then you would also have to add Steam, ModDB and just about any other website with community managed downloads that has ever existed to that list, as they have all offered copyrighted material at one point or another.

tl;dr you're stupid go away
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:32:49 am by Malakith »

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 05:10:36 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

What?
www.thepiratebay.se

I didn't link him to any pirated material, hop off my dick and stop trying to be a moderator.
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:34 pm »
Quote Pyramid

Spoiler
[close]

What?
www.thepiratebay.se

[close]
(;

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Quote Pyramid

Spoiler
[close]

What?
www.thepiratebay.se

[close]
(;

well played;)
[close]
[close]

Quote-ception
>always high
>GOAT

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 08:35:09 pm »
Just trying to be friendly, no need to get your pantsu in a twist. There have been people in the past who've been banned for linking to sites like tpb. The rule is about encouraging piracy, so telling him to get PS off it is toeing the line to a point that I wouldn't like to go.
Spoiler
5. Copyright infringement
We do not tolerate piracy. Anything connected to piracy, warez, cracks, hacks, serial keys and key generators or any other sort of copyright infringement can get you into trouble, regardless of whether you do it directly or indirectly. Infringement of this rule will result in immediate mute and possible ban depending on the severity of the breach.
[close]
Either way, freedom of speech, 'Murica and all that. Have fun, and I'll stop posting whenever you're concerned, given how it raises your blood pressure.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:59 pm »
Just trying to be friendly, no need to get your pantsu in a twist. There have been people in the past who've been banned for linking to sites like tpb. The rule is about encouraging piracy, so telling him to get PS off it is toeing the line to a point that I wouldn't like to go.
Spoiler
5. Copyright infringement
We do not tolerate piracy. Anything connected to piracy, warez, cracks, hacks, serial keys and key generators or any other sort of copyright infringement can get you into trouble, regardless of whether you do it directly or indirectly. Infringement of this rule will result in immediate mute and possible ban depending on the severity of the breach.
[close]
Either way, freedom of speech, 'Murica and all that. Have fun, and I'll stop posting whenever you're concerned, given how it raises your blood pressure.
I know the rule, I did not link him to any piracy therefor I am exempt to it. I told him he could get a student discount if you took the time to read the rest of my reply instead of putting your badge and sheriff hat on. In fact the only piracy mentioned/ encouraged was not made by me, but another poster, although it was obviously in a joking manner. Nobody did anything wrong now shoo.

And yes, somebody who follows and polices my every post is annoying, glad you were able to work that math out. Please do stop.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 08:49:07 pm »
I know the rule, I did not link him to any piracy therefor I am exempt to it. I told him he could get a student discount if you took the time to read the rest of my reply instead of putting your badge and sheriff hat on. In fact the only piracy mentioned/ encouraged was not made by me, but another poster, although it was obviously in a joking manner. Nobody did anything wrong now shoo.

And yes, somebody who follows and polices my every post is annoying, glad you were able to work that math out. Please do stop.
I was just trying to help you avoid any punishment, but ok.
I have every right to be in whatever thread I please and, given that it's a small forum, I can't exactly avoid anything you post in. Unfortunately, I'm not a stalker with a hard on for you, and you may discover that there are plenty of threads I post in that you aren't involved in, and I assume vice versa.

No hard feelings either way I hope, lets carry on life as normal.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

What?
www.thepiratebay.se

The pirate bay is a torrent site. In case you don't know what a torrent is, it's a file made easy to distribute via metadata and crowd loading. It has nothing to do with piracy.

Here is a piece of legitimate software offered through the pirate bay http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/31/the-pirate-bay-bundle-gets-you-100-indie-games-you-might-have-missed/

Simply clarifying what somebody was saying is not reason to get your shit in a wad. If you were to say that thepiratebay is a website that is made for distributing copyrighted material then you would also have to add Steam, ModDB and just about any other website with community managed downloads that has ever existed to that list, as they have all offered copyrighted material at one point or another.

tl;dr you're stupid go away

You don't have to be such a prick
Pointy stick champion