Author Topic: Watch Dogs (woof woof)  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Watch Dogs (woof woof)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 08:54:09 am »
I dont like it too.
The graphics are awfull... To much hype for it!

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »
I found this pretty funny.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c[/youtube]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »
Was that guy using a pirated version? I can't read Russian and if he was, that could explain some of his graphical issues. Though I will be the first to admit that the world isn't as reactive in WD but i would make the argument it is just as if not more immersive. And I mean, graphics shouldn't be a huge deal. Are they absolutely horrible? Of course not. Are they Next Gen? No. Are they decent graphics that in most cases won't hinder the experience? Yes. In a lot of cases, I play games for their stories and interesting styles of gameplay, these doges seem to offer both.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
Was that guy using a pirated version? I can't read Russian and if he was, that could explain some of his graphical issues. Though I will be the first to admit that the world isn't as reactive in WD but i would make the argument it is just as if not more immersive. And I mean, graphics shouldn't be a huge deal. Are they absolutely horrible? Of course not. Are they Next Gen? No. Are they decent graphics that in most cases won't hinder the experience? Yes. In a lot of cases, I play games for their stories and interesting styles of gameplay, these doges seem to offer both.

Using a pirated version wouldn't explain any graphical issues. Nothing in terms of game data is lost when uploading a torrent for a game - the most that could happen is that the game messes up the subtitles or the menu text is out of order, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Developers sometimes also include quirky anti-piracy measures, like a trigger that changes an event in game so that it's impassible with a pirated version.

I think the graphics and animations are just somewhat mediocre, and while it doesn't detract have to detract from the experience, I don't think there's really much there to make up for it. The game's quirk is the hacking system, but it's sort of flawed and the devs didn't utilize it or take advantage of its potential to the fullest. If they weren't so pressed on time they could probably have delivered a far more satisfying game.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 05:28:22 pm »

Using a pirated version wouldn't explain any graphical issues. Nothing in terms of game data is lost when uploading a torrent for a game - the most that could happen is that the game messes up the subtitles or the menu text is out of order, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Developers sometimes also include quirky anti-piracy measures, like a trigger that changes an event in game so that it's impassible with a pirated version.

I think the graphics and animations are just somewhat mediocre, and while it doesn't detract have to detract from the experience, I don't think there's really much there to make up for it. The game's quirk is the hacking system, but it's sort of flawed and the devs didn't utilize it or take advantage of its potential to the fullest. If they weren't so pressed on time they could probably have delivered a far more satisfying game.
Don't tell the internet gods, but I've pirated 1 game one time and it was a graphics nightmare, though that could've been contributed to a number of factors.

I agree with you in most of what you are saying. The developers should not be calling this "next gen" or anything of the sort. Yet hacking I can see being fun throughout the entire campaign at least. Cause look at Assassins Creed Black Flag, pirating in that game is mostly repetitive and yields the same rewards almost all the time yet it remains fun because you are always thinking "I'm a fucking  pirate". Usually Ubisoft has a good track record of making people believe they are the characters through the immersive worlds they create. We'll just have to see.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »

Don't tell the internet gods, but I've pirated 1 game one time and it was a graphics nightmare, though that could've been contributed to a number of factors.

I agree with you in most of what you are saying. The developers should not be calling this "next gen" or anything of the sort. Yet hacking I can see being fun throughout the entire campaign at least. Cause look at Assassins Creed Black Flag, pirating in that game is mostly repetitive and yields the same rewards almost all the time yet it remains fun because you are always thinking "I'm a fucking  pirate". Usually Ubisoft has a good track record of making people believe they are the characters through the immersive worlds they create. We'll just have to see.

People were excited about Black Flag because it was pretty much ACIII except better in every way, and since people generally acknowledged the naval combat in ACIII to be one of its only redeeming qualities, it was cool to see a game specifically focused on it. It was also just a pretty good game in of itself.

But yeah, a lot of games become popular or garner hype these days for the sole reason that they look somewhat unique or different from the typical boring shooter/free roam game, and then people are disappointed when they realize that the game is basically just the same as all the others, except with a fresh coat of paint on it.

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 06:07:43 pm »
They cutted out many of graphic effects we saw at the E3 .. its not looking in any kind like that demo. Even with the highest setting!

The first german magazines rated the game with 65 / 100  ;D

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 09:05:03 pm »
Getting it free with my new PC. Pretty happy since it would run me about £40 on Steam. Sadly I think I get it through Uplay or something. Looks god dam sexy to be honest.  8)

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 09:47:51 pm »
Getting it free with my new PC. Pretty happy since it would run me about £40 on Steam. Sadly I think I get it through Uplay or something. Looks god dam sexy to be honest.  8)

It doesn't look sexy... this is the graphic on ultra setting:

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 09:53:17 pm »
 :o What happend to the game I looked at during E3.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww[/youtube]

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »
:o What happend to the game I looked at during E3.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww[/youtube]

fake

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 10:26:54 pm »
ITSFOOKINBADM8THISGAMEISAFOOKINHOAXDONTBUYITFOOKINUBISOFT

Offline Jelly

• Colonel