7 (10.6%)
Yes, slowly
32 (48.5%)
No, you're an idiot
6 (9.1%)
Yes, but we just need a change
7 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Is NW dying?  (Read 5004 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Is NW dying?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »
Yes it is dying. Which is pretty understandible as it is going to be a 2 year old slightly pricey DLC for an event older game on STEAM. The population will keep declining at this slow rate now, some people may return though as there is nothing else.

*NA community*

Stop posting these weird backward NA/EU rivalry accusations Sleek or anyone with this attitude. From what I have seen both time zones have notoriously childish horrible people who's jack assery seems to blot out any of the stuff the sane decent people do.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 08:42:17 pm »
Yes it is dying. Which is pretty understandible as it is going to be a 2 year old slightly pricey DLC for an event older game on STEAM. The population will keep declining at this slow rate now, some people may return though as there is nothing else.

*NA community*

Stop posting these weird backward NA/EU rivalry accusations Sleek or anyone with this attitude. From what I have seen both time zones have notoriously childish horrible people who's jack assery seems to blot out any of the stuff the sane decent people do.

An attitude? Childish? From playing in linebattles when I was involved with the NA community, they seemed to have less and less people over time, as compared to the EU community. It isn't a rivalry, it's what I have seen as I have played in both communities for some time. Sorry that you misinterpreted it and think it's some form of being a jackass, which I can assure it isn't.
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 08:56:35 pm »
I'd debate against that Sleek, I go to both NA and EU events myself and I find there to be less EU regiments than NA.

That being said the EU side has more Soviet (Large) regiments, like the 33rd and the 77y while NA regimental sizes are usually 20-25 active.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »
Not sure what you are on about Andee, def not a decline in terms of new members, but in terms of events, actually the ones we attend at least are still fun and competitive.

I'm talking such events like UG, NACE, STC etc. They're well put together and well managed it's just no fun. Just events where anybody can come to is kind of boring which leads to a lack of teamwork, competitiveness, and overall fun. Most of the time, other regiments during events are Rambos trainees and just run in there in die without even trying.

So in my opinion, for us smaller regiment, the only way events and the game in general can stay fun is if things are done differently.

UnionGaming just made some major changes to there event by taking out FoC, so as a line commander it a great challenge, let lone all the cry baby's spamming chat about FOL so G_G there.
UG line battles are fine and healthy

N_A_C_E is ran yettg FoC is allowed and since there no admin in spec 90% of the time is a good thing. 

STC, well u run it andee  ::)

Only close to rambo's are "skrims", That run away in all dictions and some get cut off cuz their unit.
It would be nice to see a skrim unit with some ballz and or skill in actual tactic's.

Now back to "NW Dieing" I think it's more a state of mind, if u look at Mount and Blade is one game in a ocean of 1000's of games. I think ppl need to think outside the box, My group is only 8 months old and we grow daily. Finding new ways to make the game fun is always a challenge and thankfully Mount and Blade has so many mod's your group can play with out haven to buy a whole new game.

On the other hand I have seen some more ugly side of nw regimental ego manic's and I would say that is some thing that has and does turn ppl away from regiments or events. The very idea The NA community can't hold a Public line battle and think outside the box.

So in closing Think outside the box,

like line battle siege? O_o just a idea  ::)

Spoiler
Far as EU ppl they will always think they are better no matter how retarded it sounds. Haters gonna Hate
[close]

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »
AU <3
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »
North Korean community best community.

Basically this. Given the price of the DLC, the quality of the content and the typically poor quality of the community the decline was inevitable. It's a bit painful in a way as you can easily see the communities on Battlefront 2, Battlefield 2 or CS: Source outlasting NW by a hella long time. I guess the gimmick is just getting old for some people.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »
I mainly blame the community to be honest.

We have way too many dicks, for fuck's sake one of them was a blatant racial nutjob and he ran what most people consider the best NW regiment ever.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »
His successor is no better, but yes.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:28 pm »

Really, who's the guy who took the name?

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 09:51:50 pm »
Just did a quick count.

Number of peeps online @ 20:36 GMT was 799.

Of them . . .  (Remember my location is Europe)

712 were on a server with less than 130 ping.

87 were on a server with more than 130 ping.

These numbers obviously mean nothing as we have nothing to compare them with. But for those community "oldies" who can remember "back in the day", you could have a good guess at estimating  player numbers of the past.  :)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:59 pm »
Just did a quick count.

These numbers obviously mean nothing as we have nothing to compare them with. But for those community "oldies" who can remember "back in the day", you could have a good guess at estimating  player numbers of the past.  :)

Remember that it's also 4:08 pm at the very latest over here in North America, and that most people don't start playing til at least 5 or 6 on a school/work night. Also, living in the eastern United States I get about 99-120 ping on EU servers. The east coast has the highest concentration of Americans and Canadians, so I don't think it's accurate to judge the in game population based on a >130 and <130 scale (If that was what you were trying to do, at least. I may have assumed wrong). There are also people in Europe who may have such a bad connection that they have greater than 130 ping.

Offline SherlockCat

• Major
  • "bitch don't make me bring them killers out." Keef
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SherlockCat
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 10:15:35 pm »

Really, who's the guy who took the name?
I think he means Primus.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 10:19:12 pm »
Spoiler
Just did a quick count.

Remember that it's also 4:08 pm at the very latest over here in North America, and that most people don't start playing til at least 5 or 6 on a school/work night. Also, living in the eastern United States I get about 99-120 ping on EU servers. The east coast has the highest concentration of Americans and Canadians, so I don't think it's accurate to judge the in game population based on a >130 and <130 scale (If that was what you were trying to do, at least. I may have assumed wrong). There are also people in Europe who may have such a bad connection that they have greater than 130 ping.
[close]
I got a 145 ping for Official_NA_1

So I took that as a bench mark, and put a -15 buffer zone in front of it.

Obviously my test is no way scientific and is full of floors.  :D

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 10:28:46 pm »
Spoiler
Just did a quick count.

[close]
I got a 145 ping for Official_NA_1

So I took that as a bench mark, and put a -15 buffer zone in front of it.

Obviously my test is no way scientific and is full of floors.  :D

NA_1 is based in the central US I believe. Someone in Texas would probably have a similar ping when connecting to EU_1, but Texas is also halfway across the country from the US to the east coast. Someone in California would probably have roughly a ping of 170, which is a massive difference compared to 110, which I average on EU servers based in the UK or other parts of western Europe. The US and Canada are too big to assign an average ping. At best you would be recording data for a tiny fraction of the NA community.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:44 pm »
While I agree, that playing on public servers got rather dull soon enough, I wouldn't say NW is dieing just yet. Seeing that we on peak times have more than 1000 players on EU (of course only with the LBs going on) it is quite far away from being dead, but it is slowly fading away. I barely see new faces, most of our recruits are people from other regiments and not "fresh meat" and lots of the veterans quit. 

Can't judge for NA though I've merced some times. However I found the LBs on the NA side far less disciplined and well organized (this might be influenced by the 92nd standards, I'm sorry if it sounds arrogant or ignorant) in comparison to the EU side that is. Though I've attended terrible events on the EU side aswell.