Author Topic: I started with modding and i have some questions pleas look :D  (Read 1931 times)

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
I have problem with faction names.
In game menu when you are choosing factions.I know how to change tittle under it butt idk. how to edit the tittle you click when you chose faction.
I was looking under game_menu_module,strings and more moduels and i didnt finde it :C

Another problem with cannon...i created my cannon in wings 3D..i created brf. file but i dont know how to put my cannon in module files.The problem is that i dont know where cannon is located :C i as looking under items_module and troops_module but i can only finde limber horse.

I would be happy if you would answer this problems :D

Offline Yuri

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: I started with modding and i have some questions pleas look :D
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:06:28 pm »
I have problem with faction names.
In game menu when you are choosing factions.I know how to change tittle under it butt idk. how to edit the tittle you click when you chose faction.
I was looking under game_menu_module,strings and more moduels and i didnt finde it :C
Well,if you mean this
Spoiler
[close]
You better read this tutorial ,or simply open module_troops file,for example,search 1er Regiment
Spoiler
["french_old_guard",["1er Regiment de la Garde Imperiale","Foot Guard",tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_france,
   [itm_french_gap_body_ranker,itm_french_grap_pants,itm_french_gap_bearskin_ranker,itm_french_versailles,],
[close]
and change "1er Regiment de la Garde Imperiale" to what you want
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:29:22 pm by Yuri »

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »
No not that i know that its basic i am asking about Faction name.
You know when ou enter the server and ou need to choose faction.
That one

Offline PaperSalad

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:14:35 pm »
Have you tried in module_factions ?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »
If you want to change the names of the faction you'll have to change the language files.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:39 am »
Another problem with cannon...i created my cannon in wings 3D..i created brf. file but i dont know how to put my cannon in module files.The problem is that i dont know where cannon is located :C i as looking under items_module and troops_module but i can only finde limber horse.

Look in mm_cannons.brf with OpenBRF to see how cannon pieces are separated. Working cannon is composed of objects with names like this: cannontypename_barrel, cannontypename_wood, cannontypename_wheels. Since much of how cannons work is coded in module system, you are better off just replacing meshes of an existing cannon in a .brf file without changing any names.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 07:05:58 am »
If you want to change the names of the faction you'll have to change the language files.
This ^ he means the windows spreadsheet called factions inside the 'en' folder (which stands for English) that is inside the main 'languages' folder in your module folder.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:08:22 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.