Author Topic: Why UK wants to leave the EU  (Read 12097 times)

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Why UK wants to leave the EU
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 11:09:07 pm »
hello
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »
Spoiler
Ah yes, the House of Lords Reform Act 1999? Removed all but 92 of the hereditary peers.

If David Cameron and his Etonian chums struggle to represent the 64 or so million Britons, how can Rumpy Bumpy and his chums represent 485 million?

The House of Lords is filled with people who have contributed far more to this country than all of us ever will combined. Famous scientists, great businessmen, professors in all fields - because they provide a expertise that the Commons fails to provide. Actual, real, qualifications and real world experience. 99% of amendments proposed by the House of Lords are passed by the House of Commons.
[close]
So don't bring up the question of the House of Lords.

I'll do what I want :o

Your point about 99% of amendments is something you can relate it to legislation proposed by the EU, of which very little is imposed by our governments.

One thing we can agree on, however, is the impact that immigration has on communities, and in particular the introduction of large faith based communities. Religion is something that causes so much divide already in the world and it is impossible for contrasting faith-based communities to mix and produce a comfortable society. The problem there is faith, not the EU, we all own this world.

Also, the idea of the EU was to unite Europe, and unfortunately people's attitudes are becoming increasingly xenophobic in the UK but this is understandable due to the lack of democracy within the EU.

UKIP are right to complain, however they have around 13 elected bodies in the European Parliament of which are funded by us and do nothing in the interest of Britain, so if you want to vote for a party that will benefit or take serious consideration about our position in the global economy and domestic policy, UKIP are certainly not the right ones to vote for.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »
ClearlyInvisible my love, this debate is dragging on!

You said 'give them power' - very vague and not much basis for any argument :P

And no, if everyone in Yugoslavia were a Serb we wouldn't have the problem. Politics aside, from a demographic perspective, the nation was a horrendous mix of giant 'all serb', 'all bosnian', etc and a lot of mixed areas as well. If the same were to happen in the UK, (Which is a possibility if you look at population demographics) and settling habits within cities, what's to say we won't see  inter ethnic divisions? If the trend is to continue. There must be far more emphasis on/forced integration. And you know the problem is MASS IMMIGRATION not IMMIGRATION. There are too many people coming at once, making integration a slim prospect. That's the problem. Too many people at once, it makes permanent segregation too achievable.

I mean the other day there were plots revealed where some hardcore islamists (... I hope you know now I have nothing against Islam as a whole, I just wish it would reform in its homeland - the middle east) wanted to install muslim headteachers at a school so the children would adhere to more 'Islamic Principles'. Essentially brainwashing children making integration impossible. Same goes for Polish or Hungarian kids, if you're just exposed to that culture all the time, you're going to become segregated from the more mainstream views aren't you? And learn nothing about other cultures and have an unfathomable hatred or dislike for them.

You've got to start looking at the context and where things are heading. 'History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time', fuck that, 'The future is often unpredictable because people refuse to look at something from a wider context'.

A surprising number of my Eastern European and Asian friends are against gay rights and dislike Jews. How the fuck can you expect me to be liberal and acceptive of these cultures wholeheartedly when I witness first hand where things are heading. These are kids that were brought up in the same liberal education system I was as well. Something just isn't right and I won't stand idly by why clueless individuals refuse to face facts because they're simply not 'politically correct'.

My god if I ever get into power I'm going to enforce liberal ideals with an iron fist.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:30:41 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »
Spoiler
Ah yes, the House of Lords Reform Act 1999? Removed all but 92 of the hereditary peers.

If David Cameron and his Etonian chums struggle to represent the 64 or so million Britons, how can Rumpy Bumpy and his chums represent 485 million?

The House of Lords is filled with people who have contributed far more to this country than all of us ever will combined. Famous scientists, great businessmen, professors in all fields - because they provide a expertise that the Commons fails to provide. Actual, real, qualifications and real world experience. 99% of amendments proposed by the House of Lords are passed by the House of Commons.
[close]
So don't bring up the question of the House of Lords.

I'll do what I want :o

Your point about 99% of amendments is something you can relate it to legislation proposed by the EU, of which very little is imposed by our governments.

One thing we can agree on, however, is the impact that immigration has on communities, and in particular the introduction of large faith based communities. Religion is something that causes so much divide already in the world and it is impossible for contrasting faith-based communities to mix and produce a comfortable society. The problem there is faith, not the EU, we all own this world.

Also, the idea of the EU was to unite Europe, and unfortunately people's attitudes are becoming increasingly xenophobic in the UK but this is understandable due to the lack of democracy within the EU.

UKIP are right to complain, however they have around 13 elected bodies in the European Parliament of which are funded by us and do nothing in the interest of Britain, so if you want to vote for a party that will benefit or take serious consideration about our position in the global economy and domestic policy, UKIP are certainly not the right ones to vote for.

Exactly. I said I would rather have the EU and her sister organisations lose a majority of their power not disband them!

And hey, the southern Europeans break more of the EU's laws than we do lol :P

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 11:48:19 pm »
Funny how you use brainwash to Islamic teachings exclusively.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 11:55:25 pm »
And hey, the southern Europeans break more of the EU's laws than we do lol :P

Gotta admit that. I do sometimes get the feeling we are fixing their problems for them, yet at the same time doing nothing, will lead to nothing. The EU might need some reforms, but saying your nation must leave the EU because the EU makes decisions that aren't in British best interests is really shortsighted. And a bit ignorant.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 11:58:15 pm »
Basically the ideology of the UKIP sounds along the lines of "Fuck everyone else."

These guys are sounding more and more like the Republicans. No wonder my Uncle when LibDem.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2014, 01:29:02 am »
is anyone else tired
Current:

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 01:30:31 am »
is anyone else tired

I've just had a nice bowl of honey-nut shredded wheat with sliced banana :3

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 01:31:11 am »
r u ok ?
Current:

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 01:36:47 am »
yes but hungry

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 01:40:41 am »
ok I am going to bed soon
Current:

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 08:00:45 am »
Basically the ideology of the UKIP sounds along the lines of "Fuck everyone else."

These guys are sounding more and more like the Republicans. No wonder my Uncle when LibDem.
I don't think you understand the British mentallity, we are an island nation who have always loved to do as we wish but this stopped due to the EU's laws and regulations. The EU in the eyes of the British loves nothing more than to screw the British populace over which El_Presidente has given numerous examples. I'll be honest I don't like the EU, I want out of EU, and anyone who believes that we should stay in the EU is an idiot.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 11:45:06 am »

I don't think you understand the British mentallity, we are an island nation who have always loved to do as we wish but this stopped due to the EU's laws and regulations. The EU in the eyes of the British loves nothing more than to screw the British populace over which El_Presidente has given numerous examples. I'll be honest I don't like the EU, I want out of EU, and anyone who believes that we should stay in the EU is an idiot.

I don't think using someone else's examples makes you the most intelligent and informed person...

By the way, the EU imposes very little on us (as you can see in a previous post I made) and we pretty much still do whatever we want to and the EU does little to 'screw us over'. The only negative aspect of the EU is the lack of democracy and because of that the legitimacy of its legislation, which has for the most part been very progressive.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »

I don't think using someone else's examples makes you the most intelligent and informed person...

By the way, the EU imposes very little on us (as you can see in a previous post I made) and we pretty much still do whatever we want to and the EU does little to 'screw us over'. The only negative aspect of the EU is the lack of democracy and because of that the legitimacy of its legislation, which has for the most part been very progressive.
I never claimed to be the most intelligent and most informed person but if what Nigel Farage says is true then 70% of our laws come from Brussels, good day sir.