Author Topic: Enemy Front  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Enemy Front
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 11:03:22 am »
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

#Germany
You're not missing much anyway.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

#Germany
You're not missing much anyway.
Y u be so neg neg Jelly Bean?
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Matt Lewis

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Baron de la Compagnie d'Ourche
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baron Matt Lewis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »
It looks to be a good game ^ ^

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:49 pm »
It's an alright game, nothing special or groundbreaking though.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 02:25:44 pm »
It looks like something you pick up during the sales, I certainly wouldn't give full price for it.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Matt Lewis

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Baron de la Compagnie d'Ourche
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baron Matt Lewis
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 02:31:32 pm »
No me neither but if it cost something like 20€ I'll take it, maybe.  ;)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:03 pm »
It looks like something you pick up during the sales, I certainly wouldn't give full price for it.
It's not a full priced game as it is. lmao

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 07:05:29 pm »
No me neither but if it cost something like 20€ I'll take it, maybe.  ;)

Oh, well good thing it's 17€. Are you waiting for it to go up in price or something? I think you'll be solidly disappointed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:07:20 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »
Here is the top review for those that missed it, sums it up pretty well.

Remember the first time you parachuted into occupied Normandy, France in the dead of night? Took out those German patrols stealthy-like? Created a distraction so your comrades-in-arms could take the beachhead and secure a landing site? Or remember being packed in an LCU, sea water and vomit sloshing beneath you; the Atlantic tossing you about like a plaything before your ship slammed into the beach? The ramp lowered, bullets chewed your men up around you; imposing gray, gloomy skies contrasted that red, roiling surf? I sure as hell do. The developers of “Enemy Front” also remember. They remember and they want you to TOO.

It's been years since we've gotten a great WWII shooter. DAMN OUR HUBRIS. “Developers, we are SICK of killing Nazis. Come on, let's see something new,” we cried. “Okay, how about Nazi zombies?” they replied. And we were content for a time. But we wanted more. So they decided to drown the market in Tom Clancy Russian/Arab/Chinese right-wing wet dream masturbatory aid for the last SEVEN years. It's gotten more boring than WWII ever was. Because history is tangible. It happened. It happened to our grandparents. We can read books and watch documentaries and visit sites. It's real. It's powerful. Pretend future conflicts just aren't the same. They aren't bad, no! Just different. They don't have the same staying power. Remember my first paragraph? Bet you all remembered each of those moments vividly as I described them. Okay, now reflect on some of the latest modern shooter moments. OH DAMN, REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU GOT NUKED? Yep. That was pretty heavy. WHAT ABOUT THE GHILLIE SUIT CHERNOBYL LEVEL?!? Oh yeah, that was excellent! Got anything else? No? Okay.

So I hope I've made my position in this debate clear. Now this WWII shooter might not be the savior we're looking for, but it's a fine first effort. The story is interesting, but Citizen Kane this is not. The characters are interesting but one note, underdeveloped, and underutilized. But this is to be expected from the genre. This isn't why we play WWII shooters though, is it? No. We play them to kick Nazi butt. So what little suffers from the weaker story elements the gameplay salvages.

You can approach a level in one of two ways: either come in Captain America style, rocking Nazi faces with your raw and unrelenting patriotism, or you can hit them Sam Fisher stealth style. This duality is very rewarding. The gunplay is great. I can feel the jolts up my arm; I feel the impact of each bullet, whether it's striking flesh or cover. I feel totally immersed. I'm a grimy, grizzled, Nazi-blood-hungry warrior – I'm not playing a video game in my underwear, hungry for day old pizza. The AI is serviceable. I'm playing on expert difficulty. They tend to rush in, unfortunately. Sometimes they display tactics, but on at least a few occasions I've taken a shot in an open area and fallen back, watching them funnel one by one into my death corridor. But otherwise they're competent – just don't expect “Brothers in Arms” tactics. The graphics are excellent, especially considering this is also a PS3 and Xbox 360 release. The ruined cities feel alive, buzzing and burning. The countryside is verdent and beautiful, still scarred by the brutality of war. And the sounds, last but not least, the sounds. Bullets whiz and ping, Germans shriek and shout orders, bombardments are heavy. The score is a little repetitive but it certainly is soaring and epic, fitting for the setting. If the gameplay makes this immersive, then the sound design is the icing on the cake.

A few gripes worth mentioning. I'm a resistance fighter. Thank God the Germans just left open ammo crates lying around everywhere otherwise, I don't know, I might have had to drop my weapon, change things up! And I'm tired of every European out of WWII speaking near perfect English. I wouldn't have minded subtitles; French speaking French, Polish speaking Polish. Finally, the game touts open worldness as a feature and pressures you to explore. I wish there were some collectables... propoganda leaflets and art, love notes and correspondence. History. An unfortunate missed opportunity.

So for my fellow history buffs and historical war enthusiasts AND EVEN A FEW OF YOU MODERN FANATICS, I think you'll have a good time with this game. It has serious nostalgia potential. You will likely smile and reflect on your time with this game when you're finally finished playing. For thirty bucks this is well worth your time. This is almost AAA quality. You owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Now go liberate virtual Europe.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 12:16:28 am »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35SDHu5wTM[/youtube]

I've yet to see a prominent negative review. Let's see if those early posters saying "Looks shit" "Will be a piece of shit" have the dignity to admit they are wrong...... probably not.

Nice to see a game based in Warsaw, a nice change for sure.  However why must they go as "American GI in Polish Resistance"  Why not just a regular polish citizen? And them German uniforms are just bad. Wow. Honestly look like piece of shit to me.

Nice concept, Shitty make.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 10:56:46 pm »
How can one be incorrect in an opinion?
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 01:12:45 am »
How can one be incorrect in an opinion?
Because they had never tried the game and therefor had nothing to base the opinion on but assumption. Unless you're implying that something can't be objectively good or bad, which is false. The game has high quality art assets, running well on a high quality engine, with working gameplay mechanics. That's more than games such as War Z, Earth 2066, Towns and Air Control can boast. This day and age if a game is running as intended it's a godsend. Even more so if it actually looks and plays well. Unless your expectations are skewed, one can usually tell whether or not a game is good or bad through a simple gameplay video. You can also decide the game may be boring to you or not to your tastes, but that does not make it a bad product. It's like Dark Souls, many people hate it because it's not their type of game or they have no patience to play it through, yet it's a very loved and respected franchise, because of the well implemented gameplay, amazing art and deep lore. I don't even the like the game, I feel the combat is too clunky to be fun for me, but I acknowledge that it is in no way a bad product and is in fact extremely good, it's just not to my liking. So for someone to say that this game is bad (objectively), is wrong, as Totalbiscuit and others have pointed out. The skill and passion is on display and that made the game a good product. They could have said the game doesn't look like their type of game, but to call it bad is just blatant ignorance. Someone may not like the Mona Lisa, but that doesn't make it a bad painting, in fact unless they can get up there and paint a Mona Lisa, they have no right to call it bad.

The only time this is not true is from a minority perspective whose definition of good and bad or views of good and bad are reversed, but society as a collective has set the standard for objectively good and bad things just about wherever you look to, and it doesn't even stop at items, it carries over to actions and many other things as well. For instance, society as a collective views charity as objectively good. You may give to a charity with bad intentions, but the act itself is still good.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 02:30:30 am »
I'm merely pointing out that those who found the story they were pitching to be weird can't be disproved. I am also pointing out that you're far too much of a holy warrior for this game.

I haven't tried the game yet, but I've looked into a few streams and videos. It seems enjoyable, although the gun play looks a little wonky to me.

Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40:59 am »
I'm merely pointing out that those who found the story they were pitching to be weird can't be disproved. I am also pointing out that you're far too much of a holy warrior for this game.

I haven't tried the game yet, but I've looked into a few streams and videos. It seems enjoyable, although the gun play looks a little wonky to me.
I'm just pointing out the game was crafted with skill and objectively not a bad game.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 04:09:45 am »
But that's a subjective statement. xD