Author Topic: AEF (American Expeditionary Force) A US Faction Minor Mod for Napoleonic Wars  (Read 30999 times)

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Union

Checklisting
the US_sargent_sash is missing the sash texture ingame, the sash is static black atm (fixed)
the U.S. Infantry Sergeant torso is static black for 16th, 21st, 15th Infantry regiments (fixed)
the britain_colour_blues US_pennon material cannot be found, Horse Guard color static white in-game (not fixed yet in-game)
the knapsack texture looks off (fixed)
the bagpipe flag is white (not fixed yet in-game)
the Post Captain torso is static black (fixed)

bot typo U.S Line Infatry (not fixed yet)
[close]
I redownloaded it just now you got most of the bugs. As for the Horse Guard colours and bagpipe flag I have no idea why they are static white still.

The misspelled infantry was corrected. I tried connecting the bagpipe pennon and horse guards guideon to differently named materials connected with the same textures. Hopefully it will correct the blank flags problem but I don't know why its happening on the downloads because they are working fine on my computer.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Very odd, just that freckn' Horse Guard colors now. It does look fine on your end of the screenshots.
Anyways thanks for the promotional mod for War of 1812 Blitz!
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline TheBritishLoyalist

• Sergeant
  • A traitor is someone who does not agree with me
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
im downloading this right now! I know a few people in my regiment who are hard core Americans. Ill distribute this mod to them so they can shut up about wanting yanks in-game xD

Offline PlasmaBacon

• First Sergeant
  • (Inactive) 3DM 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTubes Channel
  • Nick: Darth Bacon
A video of the Mod:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROGAoBv7Y4&list=UUqN_WUYfdY86XQ2bJZpQjSA

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
Nice work with that video, and this is a very good promotional tool for the 1812 mod now ;).

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
dont know of this a big bug for me but too make sure I made all texture detail and character detail high but only on commander battle desert maps WITH the American faction I get weird glitching light blue lines through my screen if I look at certain areas of maps. Its hard to fight on any desert map even in TDM or Battle! now, all my graphics are adjusted perfectly for my PC and they work great with other texture and faction mods. If its a bug do you know what its causing it?

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
The module that is running on my computer shows no such problems and the downloaded files were copied from that one. I am probably running on settings that are lower than yours. You might try lowering your settings to see if it makes difference but I am not sure why high settings would create a problem with this module.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
The module that is running on my computer shows no such problems and the downloaded files were copied from that one. I am probably running on settings that are lower than yours. You might try lowering your settings to see if it makes difference but I am not sure why high settings would create a problem with this module.
I have used low and high, only desert maps

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
Very nice job!

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder
Looking at the 21st US Infantry,
The US didn't use chevrons until the 1830s

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Yes, you are correct about rank chevrons but the commanding officers of regiments were given a certain amount of license on how to organize and dress their units during the War of 1812. The 21st was one of the few units in the army to organize a grenadier company. They were distinguished from center companies by two chevrons on the upper right sleeve, red tipped pom poms on their shakos, and the practice of tucking their overalls into knee-length gaiters. I had to put chevrons on both sleeves because that is the way the texture sheet is set up. Many regiments also had light companies as well but their was no official regulations on how they were to be identified. It was up the commanding officer. In the case of the 21st the decision to form a grenadier company was made by their former colonel and now brigade commander, Eleazer Ripley, after the 21st's light company were disbanded when they disgraced themselves in a riot. This is all contained in the book, Osprey Men at Arms #345, "The United States Army 1812-1815", which is usually a pretty reliable source.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:33:57 pm by Blitz_craig »

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder

Yes, you are correct about rank chevrons but the commanding officers of regiments were given a certain amount of license on how to organize and dress their units during the War of 1812. The 21st was one of the few units in the army to organize a grenadier company. They were distinguished from center companies by two chevrons on the upper right sleeve, red tipped pom poms on their shakos, and the practice of tucking their overalls into knee-length gaiters. I had to put chevrons on both sleeves because that is the way the texture sheet is set up. Many regiments also had light companies as well but their was no official regulations on how they were to be identified. It was up the commanding officer. In the case of the 21st the decision to form a grenadier company was made by their former colonel and now brigade commander, Eleazer Ripley, after the 21st's light company were disbanded when they disgraced themselves in a riot. This is all contained in the book, Osprey Men at Arms #345, "The United States Army 1812-1815", which is usually a pretty reliable source.

Thanks, I was a little confused by the Chevrons and I never saw it on a 1812 regiment's uniform before

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Since this is a re-skin only and the highland pipers can not be omitted from the game without changes in the module system, the US faction will have a highland unit with pipers and appropriate headgear although historically no such unit really existed.

What if for the Highlander you were to replace the piper with drums and change the songs also the animations?

EDIT: Yes, I have spoken!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Since this is a re-skin only and the highland pipers can not be omitted from the game without changes in the module system, the US faction will have a highland unit with pipers and appropriate headgear although historically no such unit really existed.

What if for the Highlander you were to replace the piper with drums and change the songs also the animations?

EDIT: Yes, I have spoken!

Some people seem to like the US Highlanders even though it predates the 79th New York by about 40 years.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Ah, well, it's not my mod, so I won't do anything about it.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]