Author Topic: A Heads Up: Project Spring Clean 2014!  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
Re: A Heads Up: Project Spring Clean 2014!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »
Oh, great. Now I'll have to back up my threads that I've put a lot of work and pride in and I still reference to this day. I mean, unless they're already deleted. Thanks lots.

I mean... why is my hard work going to be possibly put into an OSP bundle for the community to use from, when I can just have my threads as reference for people who need them? If I allow someone to use my content, I can just give it to them. Are these threads so valuable that they can't be left untouched?

If the purpose is to clear up server space rather than clean up and make it look "tidy" (which I really don't think is necessary), why not just clear all of the replies and such so that the threads themselves can stay there, locked, but without any replies passed the regiment reserves?

Idk. I kind of don't like this. Seems pointless, and has negative traits. None of which I'd think "being tidy" would balance out.

Perhaps you could let people say "leave my ____ thread(s)", and have the other threads (that are maybe made in a couple of minutes and were for regiments that are long since passed and have no significant value as their members have all disappeared into other regiments or left the community without any trace) deleted? Some of the threads on the forum hold value to people, even like the "25th regiment of foot horse grenaiders," which has provided countless laughs for so many people.

Just my two cents...

EDIT: BUT FOR GOD SAKES DON'T LET PEOPLE USE OTHER PEOPLES' HARD WORK WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:22:00 pm by Sir Audiate »

AeroNinja

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 11:15:30 pm »
Oh, great. Now I'll have to back up my threads that I've put a lot of work in pride in and I still reference to this day. I mean, unless they're already deleted. Thanks lots.

I mean... why is my hard work going to be possibly put into an OSP bundle for the community to use from, when I can just have my threads as reference for people who need them? If I allow someone to use my content, I can just give it to them. Are these threads so valuable that they can't be left untouched?

If the purpose is to clear up server space rather than clean up and make it look "tidy" (which I really don't think is necessary), why not just clear all of the replies and such so that the threads themselves can stay there, locked, but without any replies passed the regiment reserves?

Idk. I kind of don't like this. Seems pointless, and has negative traits. None of which I'd think "being tidy" would balance out.

Perhaps you could let people say "leave my ____ thread(s)", and have the other threads (that are maybe made in a couple of minutes and were for regiments that are long since passed and have no significant value as their members have all disappeared into other regiments or left the community without any trace) deleted? Some of the threads on the forum hold value to people, even like the "25th regiment of foot horse grenaiders," which has provided countless laughs for so many people.

Just my two cents...

EDIT: BUT FOR GOD SAKES DON'T LET PEOPLE USE OTHER PEOPLES' HARD WORK WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION
you made my day with that 25th horde grenaiders xDDDD

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 11:21:32 pm »
What Audiate said. On top of that resources should only be made available to the wider community with express consent from the author, yo. Dun wan be gettin' up in his face and all dat' shiz.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:14 pm »
Spoiler
you made my day with that 25th horde grenaiders xDDDD
[close]
Why would you quote that whole block of text, your reply is right under it -_-

I don't mind redundant threads, people need to learn how to forum.

Spoiler
People who quote the OP on the first reply deserve to die.
[close]
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »
What Audiate said. On top of that resources should only be made available to the wider community with express consent from the author, yo. Dun wan be gettin' up in his face and all dat' shiz.

I'll be right back, I'll just be e-mailing 200 people who haven't played this DLC in the last year and half.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 12:45:33 am »
Nevermind, not worth it. Not doing it now.